Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Something to make me happy today!        (Topic#1591409)
Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I needed about a dozen photos printed and off to Walgreens I went.

I sat on the stool in front of the machine and started cropping them and moving them around so I would have photos with heads and nothing was chopped off that I wanted in the picture.

It is time consuming when I have a lot of pictures to sit and edit each one so it fits on the picture. They explained to me that I was printing 4 x 6 and cameras and computer pictures are designed for 4 x 5.3 - to make everything fit vertically they have to chop off something to make it fit. Sometimes I've bought pictures in 5 x 7s or 8 x 10 that I wouldn't have done otherwise but if I bought it in 4 x 6 parts were cut off.

Today I was editing away and getting frustrated when I noticed a little icon at the bottom with the size choices. It said "True Digital 4 x 5.3"

I clicked on it and voila - the "print" box surrounded my entire photo - nothing had to be edited. It was awesome.

Plus, I like that size better for scrapping better than 4 x 6 - if you have two pictures next to each other you have a break for the cardstock or patterned paper to peak through or you have space to mat without having to cut the picture up.

Yes, I'm very happy. The price is the same price as the 4 x 6!

Now I can just hand them my photos and tell them I want them all true digital size!

Happy! Happy! Happy! However, I did refrain from doing the happy dance in the store - saved that for when I got home. Or maybe its the effects of the chocolate I bought while my pictures were being developed.

AmyWho
AmyWho 
Mayor
AmyWho
In response to Henri Jean

LOL, but your happy dance may have made their day. it's so nice when something that has been frustrating has a simple fix. Even better when it doesn't cost more either!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

I love the Walgreen's True Digital size, especially because it was the only way to get a matte finish in-store, and didn't require cropping the photo - but my most recent order from Walgreen's was so bad, with the colors so off, that I think I'm switching away permanently, even if it means I can't get True Digital anymore.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to aquabunny

We had that on Snapfish in Singapore. I didn't use it in Australia. When I got back to the UK I called them, and used their Chat Help to find out where it was on the software here, but I couldn't remember the name of it. I was informed by advisor after advisor that it wasn't supported in the UK. I asked why, when it was available in the US, and finally found out the name of it, and they went "oh you mean True Digital, you just tick the box right at the end of the ordering process..." I couldn't believe a) that nobody knew what I was asking, and b) why it isn't offered BEFORE you get right to the end of the ordering process, like when you upload and can choose all the other sizes. Grr. The hours I wasted...

I'm very pleased you found it Henri!

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

• Quote:
so I would have photos with heads

Yes, on my software, it has a little place to click "make it fit" OFF. I use that a lot because I have so many old photos that are CRAZY sizes. It was making me nuts till figured that out.

Expert
In response to CrimsonMama

I LOVE the true digital size and have been using it for several years (I get my photos through Snapfish). Snapfish tried to discontinue the true fit size last year and it was a horrible couple of months for me because that meant I had to sit and crop hundreds of photos each month so I could get exactly what I wanted. I was sooooo happy when I found out they had brought it back!

I too would much rather scrapbook with a true digital print because 2 next to each other leave so much more space to do fun things with. They are also easier to cut down into smaller sizes if I want to when making a LO. The only time I ever take the time to crop and print 4x6 prints is when I know for certain that I am doing an album/mini-album with the divided page protectors because a full 4x6 print looks better in the 4x6 slots and are less work (not having to mat a small print to fit the spot).

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to HuskerMom98

When I print anything at home I check "Fit to size" or something and that works. Also that option is on the screen at Walgreen which I occasionally use for something really a strange size.

But true digital made my day!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Andrea - can you try a different Walgreens? I have 3 or 4 not too far from me. Prefer to go to the closest though - they know me.

My Walgreens has a ton of in-store specials that are good only at the one location. Like Monday digital 4 x 6 are on sale. I asked the manager if that held for the true digitals too and he said yes, he would honor it every week.

Tuesday their 5 x 7s and 8 x 10s are 99 cents - love that. Thursday the enlargements are buy one get one free but Tuesdays are better for enlargements.

I just love that they are going to do true digitals every Monday for the sale price!

momtokatie
Expert
momtokatie

I use Walgreens for all my photos and love getting the emails from them about upcoming sales. Last week, I got prints for .10 each. Love it!

Veteran
In response to momtokatie

I always use WalMart, even though I hate to go there. I have so many printed at a time, that I get them for $.09 and that isn't too bad!

crichards1
Veteran
crichards1
In response to Mimiof123

That's a great tip! Thank you!

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to crichards1

oh wow I didn't know they can do this!!
off to check if walmart has the feature..

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to OlesyaK.

From time to times Walgreens has .09 but I haven't seen it in a while.

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam

I love Walgreens when I am in Florida but I had no idea about the True Digital.....Awesome. I will have to try that this winter. Thanks.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to PhotobearSam

Its brand new on the computer at my Walgreens. It was there for the first time when I was there yesterday - it wasn't there when I was there 2 days earlier.

There was a computer Geek sitting at the photo desk area working on a computer and that is probably what he was updating. He wasn't friendly at all - people asked him if their pictures were ready and he would just rudely say, "I don't work here".

Then I noticed the "true digital" icon so I guess that is what he was doing.

A while back I called Walgreens about the 4 x 5/3 true digital and she told me there was a place on the website and I could order it. I did - 400 pictures of it. When it came back it was not true digital - it was a 4 x 6 printed smaller and because it was out of proportion little pieces were missing - like people's heads and the top of trees.

I didn't buy any of them - told then they were not true digital - they were just cut 4 x 5.3 and she said that is what most places that say true digital do.

When I printed this batch in the store I didn't really expect them to be true digital, I thought they would be out of proportion like the 4 x 5.3's I ordered before at Walgreens on line.

But these are actually the same size and measurements and proportion as what is on my computer or camera.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

• Henri Jean Said:
Andrea - can you try a different Walgreens? I have 3 or 4 not too far from me. Prefer to go to the closest though - they know me.

Unfortunately, this was already the third Walgreen's I've used. I quit the one nearest me because they started using a cheaper kind of matte finish paper instead of the Fujicolor Crystal Archive photo paper they'd been using (on the new stuff, large patches of solid color looked very bad, and they felt different to the touch). So I started using another store that was convenient to me at the time, but it's about 10 miles away and I never have cause to go in that direction anymore, so I stopped that one (my least acrimonious Walgreen's breakup). And then this one,they had the right paper and were nearly on the way home from work, but the colors in this last order just put me off the whole thing.

If I need only a couple prints for something, I might use them, but not for anything more than a handful of prints, I just don't trust them with my money or my photos anymore if the paper can change at any time and the colors can be completely off without warning (these were from four different cameras, taken by three different people - and all terrible - the Shutterfly versions of the same pictures came out fine).

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to aquabunny

Once in a while my colors aren't real good but Walgreens always prints them again. They have me look at them before I leave to make sure I'm happy with them.

But if I was consistently getting bad pictures I wouldn't go there anymore either.

Hey Jude
Veteran
Hey Jude

I upload my pictures to Walgreens online, do all my ordering, editing etc., then pick them up at my local store. I get coupons and offers through email. Sometimes I crop (using Walgreens' editing) and sometimes I order true digital, it depends what look I'm going for. I also like the fact that I can order wallet size when I need them.
LOVE my Walgreens, been ordering prints from them for years.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Hey Jude

Do you get true digital when you order online? I tried it and they were true digital size but they were not true digital prints - they just had edges cut down to size. Did they fix that? I spent over an hour one day with support and after some research she told me they weren't actually true digital.

But now that the stores have true digital prints for real, maybe online does too. I have to check that out!

rockmom
Governor
rockmom

Thank you, thank you!!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics