Username Post: Lunch hour shopping        (Topic#1591429)
dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza

I saw where JoAnn's had their punches 40% off this week so you know I had to go check that out on my lunch hour. Scored the Fiskars 3-in-1 Corner Squeeze Punch which was on my Wish List! Yea!!
Products Referenced in This Post:

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-07-13 12:29 PM
In response to dsouza

I'm glad I'm not the only one who does this. It's amazing how much I can find (ie spend) every week during my lunch hour speed shopping. LOL

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Vae

Congratulations on the new punch! I've been going crazy with punches lately! I have at least 20 or 25 I haven't even tried yet. I'm starting to use them more and more though.

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza
In response to Vae

I know, right? It's like I'm a woman on a mission during my lunch hour!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-07-13 01:04 PM
In response to dsouza

It's dangerous... I have HL within 2 minutes of my office, and Ms and Js are about 7 minutes away. There's also a Tuesday morning and a small LSS within 5 minutes of here, so I have somewhere to go every day of the week. I keep saying I'm going to go to the gym during lunch instead, but then I ran out of adhesive... or I need some photo corners... or some ink... LOL

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Vae

There's a TJ Maxx within walking distance of work, but I work in almost exactly the center of downtown of a major city (like, less then a tenth of a mile from dead center), and the nearest craft store is at least 7 or 8 miles away - not really workable for a one-hour lunch when it takes ten minutes just to get the parking garage where I park my car - for me it's easier to just go on the weekends or on my way home at the end of the day, since I live in the same suburb as a Joann's, and a Michael's and Archiver's aren't much further beyond that (and in the direction of errands I would be running anyway).

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to aquabunny

Wish I still lived near an Archivers!

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to aquabunny

I changed jobs about 8 months ago. My old job had HL, As, Ms, Js & TMs within a mile of the office. I spent many lunch hours shopping for things I "needed." While I miss being so close to my favorite stores, I haven't even spent 1/8 of what I did last year.

Glad you found a great punch

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to pugs223

I have no scrappy shops within half an hour of me, so there is no danger of spending any hard-earned pennies. I'm envious of you but in a nice way!

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza
In response to RedSquirrel UK

I have decided to eat at my desk today and look around Scrapbook.com instead of spending money at HL, Michaels or JoAnns! They are all three within 5 minutes of my office and it is DANGEROUS for my pocket book!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to dsouza

I just placed a very large order with a company I do a lot of shopbook scrapping with (almost $300) but free shipping with them if you spend over $29.99 so I HAD to do it! Never mind that they constantly have free shipping.

flwrgrl
Veteran
flwrgrl
In response to dsouza

Score! How much did it end up costing then? I LOVE to go scrapbook shopping over my lunch hour, esp if I've had a hard, stressful morning. Great therapy:)

flwrgrl
Veteran
flwrgrl
In response to flwrgrl

A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do....

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to flwrgrl

Exactly!

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza
In response to flwrgrl

• flwrgrl Said:
Score! How much did it end up costing then? I LOVE to go scrapbook shopping over my lunch hour, esp if I've had a hard, stressful morning. Great therapy:)

$9.60 + tax!

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to dsouza

9.60! be still my heart!!! what a snatch!

I'm so envious of those who can go and run some errands during the lunch hour. it takes me 15 minutes to walk to the parking garage, get the car out, and get to the actual street, and then there aren't even shops close by.. 10 minutes driving at least to the closest shopping strip. no way I can get out and back in within an hour..
the only saving grace is that we have food and pharmacy and misc shop right here in the building, so at least that's not a problem..

Edited by OlesyaK. on 10-09-13 10:59 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

poi
poi 
Tenant
poi
  • poi on 10-09-13 11:46 AM
In response to OlesyaK.

Nice! I made the mistake of taking the girls into Archivers, we walked out with a wee bit too much

flwrgrl
Veteran
flwrgrl
In response to dsouza

Yowza! Way to go! I LOVE punches. They help so much to make a page special, esp for those few (?) of us who have no die cutting machines etc.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics