Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Has anyone sold all their Cricut Cartridges        (Topic#1591443)
creater1
Diva
creater1

Expressions or Gypsy. What did you find to be a reasonable price and how did you sell them? TIA

Expert
In response to creater1

I haven't sold, but I have bought them on facebook groups

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to bellesmommy05

I see them on ebay all the time but I'm afraid to buy them in case they have been linked. Then I can't put them in Craft room.

Sometimes on ebay they tell you they have been linked. On other posts they tell you they have no idea if they have been linked.

I nearly bought 100 carts for $500.00 but there were about 20 retired that I really wanted. My husband told me to get them if I wanted them.

However, The owner said they were on her gypsy so I couldn't put them on my craft craft too.

Veteran
In response to Henri Jean

I don't buy them on eBay unless they are new and still in the original package. I don't want to take the chance of buying ones that have been linked. I am really spoiled to CCR and don't EVEN want to go back to the old way of using the individual cartridges.

creater1
Diva
creater1
In response to Mimiof123

I can't believe that people would not be honest and share if they have been linked or not.

I shouldn't be surprised though I have heard of folks getting bad deals with people not being honest.

I did share on my ad on fb that a few had been linked not all. I didn't want someone to buy and then feel decieved.

I have never done anything with ebay sells because I thought that they take part of your selling price.

Stephanie47
Tenant
Stephanie47
In response to creater1

Interesting topic. I personally buy all of mine from eBay but I don't use the online Craft Room - it wouldn't accept my codes for points so I never returned

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Stephanie47

A lot of ebay buyers buy things in bulk or go to yard sales and buy everything people have. Those who did not actually use and buy the Cricut cartridges do not know if they have been linked or not.

I think a lot of people who sell on ebay but them at estate sales or they buy carloads of stuff at auctions.

When I was looking for the Blackletter cartridge (I bought it on ebay new in the package), I noticed at least a half dozen auctions with a batch of cartridges - one person had about 20 Cricut cartridge auctions going on with 10 or 20 cartridges in each one and in big letters on each auction "I don't know if these have been linked".

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr

Just curious, how is the Craft Room different from the Design Studio? I have Design Studio but it never really caught on with me so I haven't used it in a few years.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Stephanie47

• Stephanie47 Said:
Interesting topic. I personally buy all of mine from eBay but I don't use the online Craft Room - it wouldn't accept my codes for points so I never returned

Uh, do you mean Cricut Rewards points? Because that's through a different website.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to aquabunny

I don't know the difference. Never tired the design studio. I think they charged for that and craftroom is free.

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr

Yes Design Studio is software. I didn't know Craftroom was free. There's a huge difference right there! LOL! Craftroom is a program you download?

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to olleharr

Yes! And they throw in free cartridges constantly to use. I noticed there are several Halloween ones in my list now.

It has actually made my Cricut fun!

One of the free cartridges right now has gears and things on it. I would love to buy that one but can't find one with the gears like that on it. I don't have a layout for it right now but I love it. I keep checking to see if it is on a cart that may come available.

You can link up your cartridges (even if they are on your gypsy but not anybody else's gypsy - that won't work) and load them. So easy just to have your cartridges listed and if you hover the mouse over the name you see what is on it.

If you type in something like "cat" you get every cat image on every cartridge. If its yours you just use it. If its not on one of your cartridges or one of their free things when you cut the image they will tell you that you don't have that cart linked - do you want to buy it.

Sometimes I do - sometimes I go find another image that is as good or better.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I just saw on the Cricut site that they will not be doing anymore updates for Design Studio or adding new cartridges after April 11, 2013. They will still offer support but it looks like it is being phased out.

I've heard that the gypsy is being faced out too - don't remember where I heard it but I did hear the gypsies are on their way out although they will still support them for a while.

Veteran
In response to olleharr

I have the Design Studio, as well, and I hated it. I put it away and took it off of my computer. I didn't find it user friendly, at all. The Craft Room is another story. I love, love, love it! I am able to access all of my cartridges at once and see how my designs are going to appear on my page--in their ratio to the pictures. I hope they leave this site up forever!!!

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to Mimiof123

Very cool! I just might have to give CraftRoom a try.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to olleharr

The gears cartridge I mentioned earlier disappeared from my free stuff so I called. They have a craftroom exclusive called "gears" with all of them on it because there was such a request for them. Its $4.99 and I just ordered it. Doesn't have much on it but it does have a lot of cool gears and can use them for layouts for my husband and sons.

They confirmed the gypsy is going away - she said they don't even manufacturer them anymore.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

I still use Design Studio all the time - still love it.

lifethroughalens
Veteran
lifethroughalens
In response to aquabunny

I have seen on many posts that when people downloaded craft room that they had all kinds of issues and even messed their cricut up where they couldn't use even just the cartridges. Have any of you had any problems or have you heard of this as well? That is the main reason I haven't downloaded it? Is it safe to try? You guys make it sound so fun.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to lifethroughalens

I never had a minute's trouble downloading the Cricut or using it with Craftroom. I had questions and Provo Craft is easy to get on the phone every time I've called them.

The only time I had problems with my Cricut was when I got my Gypsy! That was a mess!

mindygail
Expert
mindygail

oh boy i feel behind I finally got my ce2 for christmas last year but have NEVER bought any cartridges (never used them) so idk good luck!!!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics