Username Post: Shipping        (Topic#1591471)
CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

I am so sick and tired of UPS transferring packages to the Post Office here in Atlanta. If you look at the tracking, it's adding at least a full day before it is delivered and for me puts it at the end of the day. Yes, it is still between the 3-5 day window but I am so mad. My package has been in Atlanta since Monday night.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-09-13 09:28 AM
In response to CrimsonMama

Boo! They can do that??? I thought they can only do that if you are in a non-delivery area. that's balderdash!

We have a "special" postal service in my neighborhood. USPS delivers all our mail in bulk to a mail center in the community, and then THEY deliver it to us. But it adds at least 1-2 days to everything. When I track packages on USPS, it shows delivered when they bring it to our mail center, and it drives me crazy when I don't have it that day. But UPS and FedEx come straight to the house... I would be so mad if they took it to the post office!

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to Vae

It's really annoying because I see UPS and FedEx trucks around here everyday. It's so busy here, that is why they do it. It's not lack of service it's the need for more. I's still annoying. It's only started recently. I think a box is coming UPS and the mail brings it. I certainly would not care if it did not add 1 1/2 days.

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to Vae

I've not had that happen with UPS, but I have with FedEx. It is beyond annoying.

Do all UPS packages come that way, or is it just some service levels? The FedEx service I hate is called Smart Post... it's awful, and it's not even inexpensive.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to *jesse*

I have had FedEx do it as well. UPS depends on the size. Or so it seems...........

Edited by CrimsonMama on 10-09-13 10:19 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

Ok, now you want to hear something really stupid? USPS got here with my package, it was too big for the mail box so they had to bring it to the door along with one for my husband. They were early tho'.

Then exactly one hour later......UPS shows up with another box for my husband!!!!!! What is the point? How are they saving effort, fuel costs? This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

The services to watch out for when you look at the tracking are FedEx SmartPost, UPS Mail Innovations, and something else by UPS... Mail Post or something like that. It is not a matter of FedEx/UPS just not bothering; it's the sender who makes the choice to use their cheaper, slower, USPS-delivered services.

I also really hate when vendors use the UPS "Next Day" or "Express" marked boxes without actually sending at the speed marked on the box.

Edited by aquabunny on 10-09-13 11:37 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury
In response to aquabunny

These are partnered services with USPS. Basically, the package is being sent through USPS, but it will be shipped through FedEx/UPS until it reaches the post office from which your mail is delivered. It is a way to save on shipping and still get the package faster than 7-10 days........ I cannot say if that is true for outlaying areas, however, here in the Bay Area, that is true.

poi
poi 
Tenant
poi
  • poi on 10-09-13 11:54 AM
In response to GwynnAsbury

All my smart posts do this. Nothing more frustrating seeing it sitting there for 2 days and nothing you can do about it!!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to poi

I think I've only had it once on an order from sb.com. We only live about 350 miles from them...I could drive back and forth to pick it up from their location in a day. But this one time, sb mailed it either late the day I ordered, or the next day and it arrived in the San Diego area the next day—on a Saturday. USPS would have delivered it, but it transferred to FedEx, so it missed the Sat. delivery schedule. They don't deliver Sunday or Monday, so that meant I didn't get the package until late Tuesday afternoon. Had it stayed with USPS, they would have delivered it Saturday...and for sure by Monday. By the time it was done, it took almost a week to receive it, but that's only happened the one time...thankfully. It would have been such fast delivery if FedEx hadn't gotten involved.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to poi

• soccermom23 Said:
All my smart posts do this.

To be clear, this is exactly what SmartPost is, so if your tracking page says SmartPost, it will always be handled in this way.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to aquabunny

My UPS tracking said UPS SmartPost. If you get free shipping the vendor will send the cheapest way. It seems DUMB not cheap.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics