Username Post: Eyeshadow?        (Topic#1591481)
fourstubbs
Tenant
fourstubbs

I was at the store the other night and I noticed some brightly colored eye shadow...the first thing I thought of was if I could use this for scrapbooking?? Does anyone know if it can be used? I have no idea if it is acid free or not, just wondering... thanks!:)

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to fourstubbs

I've used it on cards and other crafts, but never on a layout. I have no idea whether it's acid-free. To be safe, I wouldn't use it on or near photos.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to cindy312

There are some real bright and beautiful ones out there at the moment, aren't there? Eye shadow is designed for the skin which is slightly acidic, so make-up probably is acidic too. Also it contains oils which I wouldn't feel happy about using on LOs.

I bet you could use up old eye-shadows on cards though. They'd probably go on a bit like chalk.

fourstubbs
Tenant
fourstubbs
In response to RedSquirrel UK

Thanks, I think I won't use it because I have so much time and money invested in my pages, I wouldn't want to chance it! It is tempting because of all of the colors...but better not.. Thanks for the responses!

scrapchica
Guru
scrapchica
In response to fourstubbs

I never thought about it. What a fun idea. I would totally use it like chalk on a card, but like you, I would be too nervous to do on a page.

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to scrapchica

No...I wouldn't use eyeshadow on an LO...even though powdered makeup has a longer shelf life than liquid or cream...there are oils that will change, break down, become rancid...

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics