Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Glimmer mists mishap        (Topic#1591507)
armygirl
Diva
armygirl

As I was using my glimmer mist spray in the Juneberry Wine (purple) color, I accidentally sprayed my clothes with 2 big pumps of the sprayer, before I realized I had it pointed towards me and not towards my project. The first thing that came to my mind was that my shirt was ruined,,but I quickly took it off and went to the laundry room where I put some Tide on the stains and rubbed them gently then put the shirt under running water,,,,The stains went away, I was so glad cause the shirt I sprayed was white.

Just this one time I wish the sprayer would have been clogged..

Anyone else have a little accident in the scrap room.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to armygirl

glad your shirt is ok.. I oversprayed and got some on the stupid carpet in my room.. scrubbed it off though...had to work fast.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 10-10-13 07:06 PM
In response to armygirl

lol!! I probably would have taken the shirt off and sprayed it with a bunch of complementary colors, but I have no luck with laundry stains

I do have a quickutz grass border die with sharp points that has drawn blood more than once .... but I love the die anyway.

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury
In response to stick

I have an adult kitty that regularly stickles herself and then stickles my projects......

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
glad your shirt is ok.. I oversprayed and got some on the stupid carpet in my room.. scrubbed it off though...had to work fast.

I agree, you do have to work fast to get the stain out while its fresh.

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to stick

• stick Said:
lol!! I probably would have taken the shirt off and sprayed it with a bunch of complementary colors, but I have no luck with laundry stains

I do have a quickutz grass border die with sharp points that has drawn blood more than once .... but I love the die anyway.

It would have been a new invention of tye dye using Glimmer mists. Ouch your little accident sounds painful. But we have to love our dies.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to GwynnAsbury

LOL!

Yup, my first experience with Smooch Spritz, the dark purple colour. Dratted thing wouldn't spray. It was pointing the right way but nothing was coming out. I tried again and again, unaware that the nozzle was turning round slightly at every push. When it finally sprayed, it got me smack in the face. It also dribbled all down the bottle so I had purple fingernails for quite a few days. I got properly teased in church.

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to GwynnAsbury

• GwynnAsbury Said:
I have an adult kitty that regularly stickles herself and then stickles my projects......

How does the Kitty manage to get into the stickles? She probably ends up all glittery and cute. I have a kitty too, The only thing she likes to play with that I have noticed is my ribbons.

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to RedSquirrel UK

• RedSquirrel Said:
LOL!

Yup, my first experience with Smooch Spritz, the dark purple colour. Dratted thing wouldn't spray. It was pointing the right way but nothing was coming out. I tried again and again, unaware that the nozzle was turning round slightly at every push. When it finally sprayed, it got me smack in the face. It also dribbled all down the bottle so I had purple fingernails for quite a few days. I got properly teased in church.

Were you able to get it off your face, or did it stay stained for a few days too.

Veteran
In response to armygirl

I've sprayed myself, as well. Even though I know that looking directly in the hole won't let me see why it's clogged, I've done it time and time again. As I am looking at it, I have to spray just once more to make sure it's still clogged. DUH!

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to Mimiof123

I try to wear old clothes. I have jeans I would rather NOT ruin even tho' they are not new.

Reminds me, I had some tiny spots of red dye bleed on two of my husband's shirts. Carbona Color Run Remover is amazing for that. I had tried oxyclean and several other things to get it out and Carbona was BOOM! it was out and didn't hurt the shirts at all. You can get that at Hancock Fabrics.

I was VERY happy.

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa
In response to CrimsonMama

It would be easier to tell you about the times when I haven't stained myself. I have a set of clothes that I use when I'm crafting. That way I don't have to worry about all the paint, ink, glue, glaze and other stuff that end up on my clothes. I once spilled a bottle of tacky glue all over my pants. I spilled a can of yellow paint on my nice, white sheets. I once cut with a pair scissors into the shirt that I wearing. That's just a few of the mishaps.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to armygirl

• armygirl Said:
  • RedSquirrel Said:
LOL!

Were you able to get it off your face, or did it stay stained for a few days too.

For some reason it washed off my face and clothes fine - thankfully! It was just my fingernails that stayed looking gory for a while. I looked as if I'd spent the day peeling beetroot!

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 10-11-13 08:03 AM
In response to RedSquirrel UK

I always have figured that stained fingers/fingernails are the sign of a dedicated scrapper.

I have to say that because mine usually are.

I have sprayed myself and my clothes and painted them too but so far have been able to get them all out.

My worst mishap occured a number of years ago but my friends still like to remind me of it.

I had spent hours on a lo (at a crop) and had just finished it. I was standing over it checking it out when I decided I could finally have a sip of coffee. Just as I started to sip I sneezed - coffee went everywhere on the lo and even over to the person who was sitting opposite me. Fortunately I was able to mop up quickly enough that only one tiny, unnoticeable, drop remained.
Not so for the lady on the other side -coffee landed on her photo but she was very gracious about it

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to GMFTS

• Quote:
I always have figured that stained fingers/fingernails are the sign of a dedicated scrapper.

Designers that do videos always seem to have stained fingers!

I think I will start wearing disposable rubber when I die some things with ink. I never do, but I never get manicures either to mess up.

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin

I have intentionally sprayed clothes with mists. Super fun to spray jeans through a stencil to get a pattern. I once saw on the Tattered Angels blog where someone sprayed an entire dress. Really quite beautiful.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to Nancy Keslin

• Nancy Keslin Said:
I have intentionally sprayed clothes with mists. Super fun to spray jeans through a stencil to get a pattern. I once saw on the Tattered Angels blog where someone sprayed an entire dress. Really quite beautiful.

I might try that! On the jeans not a dress!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-11-13 11:19 AM

I have an oversized men's shirt that I picked up at a thrift shop and I basically use it like a smock. I have an apron but for some reason I really don't like things hanging around my neck, so the shirt works better for me and one day I hope you can't see a speck of white on it. LOL.

I do use rubber gloves though when I'm doing a lot with inks and sprays because I just can't get it all off my nails. Since I have to work with clients I need to keep my fingers less inky when possible.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to Vae

I have to say I love misting but I haven't done it in a while since I got the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set....perfect ink splatters every time!!!
I still like my misters for templates but that stamp is so easy to use!!!

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to binkiemonstermom

I go to work at least once a week with stained hands...I know that the soap at work will always take it off. I've scrubbed with everything in my house and even washed and hair and still be covered. But one wash with the soap in our bathroom at work and my hands are unstained....that stuff would eat your hands if you left it on for more than just a few seconds.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics