Username Post: Letting Go        (Topic#1591531)
bonprof
Diva
bonprof

I need to clean out all my supplies. Where can I donate it? Schools? Churches? Any ideas?
I live in Anaheim, CA near Disneyland.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to bonprof

Schools or pre-school always seem to appreciate papers. Children's hospitals maybe? Do you have Brownies or Girl Guides?

Are there any crafting groups that meet near you?

Or of course evil-Bay for tools or albums or things that aren't suitable for kids.

HerHighness68
Idol
HerHighness68
In response to RedSquirrel

Definitely check with children's hospitals.

I work for a non profit that helps kids with cancer. I di the summer camp crafts( and now holiday party) for the kids every year and I use a lot of scrapbook type supplies. There is also an area on the oncology unit where they have scrapbook therapy or art for the children. In there (or the parents who are there awaiting treatment for their little one) When I get donations thru the charity (and not the hospital) I usually go thru and send the things that are better for teens/adults to the hospital and put the other back for camp.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to HerHighness68

When I go to big crops there are several swap tables. You put stuff in, take our what you want. This last one covered about 4 tables full of stuff! I went home with a ton of papers and things that were new to me.

After everyone took what they wanted there were still stacks and stacks of stuff. The organizers of the crop took it to a children's hospital I think or somewhere that likes to get the leftover items.

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to HerHighness68

Also senior centers, nursing homes, care centers usually have a craft area.

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to mrsdriver5

Art teachers in schools are generally VERY appreciative of supplies. When I cleaned out my scraproom/craftroom, I took excess stuff to the school and they were thrilled to get it. My dd's art teacher this year has actually sent out a request for sb supplies...I think they are making art journals from old books.

bonprof
Diva
bonprof
In response to Henri Jean

Thanks. This is vert helpful

NMscrapper
Mayor
NMscrapper
In response to bonprof

I just took mine to our local senior center.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to NMscrapper

That's a great idea!

bonprof
Diva
bonprof
In response to Henri Jean

I'm just afraid that if I clean up, I might have an excuse to buy more stuff. HEE HEE

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to bonprof

I used to be a member of a local scrap group that was a charity. we had some different places we sent extra supplies....to make cards for veterans, we had a member who had a group of teenage mothers who had no money so she would help them scrap their babies, nursing homes so the patients can make cards, another huge one was the local childrens hospital...we actually made a room for the parents of very ill children to work on crafts while their child was in the hospital. They made up prepacked kits to make cards. we donated lots of extras for that.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics