Username Post: 6x6 paper        (Topic#1591561)
flwrgrl
Veteran
flwrgrl

Any of you that know me know I HATE to waste anything! I have some pretty ugly 12 x 12 papers that I just cannot bring myself to throw away; NO-ONE is going to want them. I am so crushing on 6x6 paper stacks but I do 12x12 LO's. In the past I've use a 6x6 in the center of my 12 x 12 sheet or as a background for a 4 x 4 picture, but as I thumbed thru a new 6x6 paper stack I found 4 coordinating sheets (2 of each print) that I wanted to place diagnally from each other to make one 12x12 sheet to use in my latest LO. SO! I found one of the ugly full size sheets & glued the 4 6x6" to it & presto! Ugly sheet was used but not seen & LO turned out awesome! Maybe some of you had already thought to do this, but for those other frugal scrappers, I just had to share my 'light bulb' moment!

scrapchica
Guru
scrapchica
In response to flwrgrl

Quick thinking!

rubymillerand
Guru
rubymillerand
In response to scrapchica

I love those moments!

I either let my son have all the paper I don't like or if the other side is just white or plain colored, I just use it for mats so I don't waste my good stuff.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to rubymillerand

Great idea!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to RedSquirrel

Yup, I've definitely done this, it works great!

New Kid On the Block
In response to aquabunny

How about using the old papers for envelopes or envelope lining. Or cut narrow strips of the paper to use with contrasting papers on cards or layouts, as it might not seem so ugly in small doses

flwrgrl
Veteran
flwrgrl
In response to Tricia L

True, a small amount of ugly is less noticeable, & offensive than a full 12x12 sheet:)

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to flwrgrl

When I ended up with some really dog-ugly paper, I noticed the second side was white. I cut it into squares that fit into a small shallow box that I had and set them into it, white side up. I set it near my phone as scratch paper and some in the kitchen for grocery lists.

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to dwelch

the stuff that isn't my favorite from each collection i buy goes into my "community" bin and when I have my craft nights, the ladies are all welcome to this bin, mind you this is not my bo bunny, carta bella, die cuts with a view papers, this is the colorbok and that type of stuff! I would never put my better quality stock in this pile! but if they needed a scrap of the good stuff, i might be willing to share LOL! I am VERY spoiled by carta bella!!!!

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to flutterbye0419

Teachers and Childcare workers love scraps to use for art with the children. I also use paper for envelopes. Ugly papers usually make pretty flowers and butterflies.

flwrgrl
Veteran
flwrgrl
In response to Sassy Suzi

Great tip! Thanks!

bonprof
Diva
bonprof
In response to flwrgrl

Give your old stuff to the girl scouts; they love it and need it.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics