Username Post: liquid pearls        (Topic#1591567)
cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper

okay, i'm ready to use liqid pearls for the first time what are some of the do's and dont's. Like when i first get the bottle do i snip the tip to get the paint going? things like that? Any help will be appreciated.

4tgrfans
Veteran
4tgrfans
In response to cescrapper

No need to snip - it's ready to go.

I use a lot of stickles (the glittery ones) but just found liquid pearls this weekend - love them !

When you get ready to start, always test them out on a piece of scrap paper. As they get used up, you'll need to squeeze more than at first when they're new.

You can make dots, lines, color in areas, etc.

Lightly squeeze until it reaches the end & put it where ever you want it. When you stop squeezing, it stops too.

AmyWho
AmyWho 
Mayor
AmyWho
In response to 4tgrfans

If you use it for dots and it looks like a chocolate chip, flick the back of the paper and it'll make the little point go away.

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza
In response to AmyWho

• AmyWho Said:
If you use it for dots and it looks like a chocolate chip, flick the back of the paper and it'll make the little point go away.

What an awesome tip!!

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to cescrapper

I find that with liquid pearls and stickles....less is more. Try to make tiny dots.

Tenant
In response to CrimsonMama

I love them. I would agree smaller is generally better - if you make larger ones, they have a tendency to lose their round shape when they dry. They also will "squish" even though they seem dry so let them dry for awhile.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to WorkingMommy

I agree less is more! Squeeze a little bit out, and then use the tip to "spread" the liquid pearl around.

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to mrsrogers52513

I use a circular motion when making my drops, and also (like mentioned) flick the back to lose the peak. To make them look more like a bead. Sometimes I'm lucky and get them almost perfect, sometimes... Not so much!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics