Username Post: Today was the day...        (Topic#1591571)
Vintageivy
Veteran
Vintageivy

So I used up the last of my CM tape runner today which meant I had to open up the box that held my new pink ATG! I have to admit I was a little scared...so big, so new, yikes! Well, good news to report-I was able to load it and it is working great. All of the great advice on this site really helped my make the switch. Next, I will be needing to make the switch from CM to a new album. Hopefully that will go well too! Anyone else converting from CM supplies? How's it going?

suznut
suznut 
Veteran
suznut
In response to Vintageivy

I'm almost out of my CM tape so I'll be right along with you pretty soon. I'm also going with the ATG runner as my replacement adhesive. I've tried others like tombow, but nothing compares to CM. I'm glad to hear the ATG is working well for you. I'm holding out to see if the new company that emerges will still carry a line of adhesives, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm on my last CM album too. After this year, it will be full and I'll have to move on to another brand. I'm looking into the Close to My Heart Albums, but still haven't decided what I'm going to use.

scrapchica
Guru
scrapchica
In response to suznut

Still struggling on the CM album change myself. However, been using the ATG for several months now, and I "liked" it when I started, but now I've really adjusted to it. I like it. The large size no longer bothers me like it used to. And I love the stickiness factor.

bonprof
Idol
bonprof

I am a hard-core CM scrapper, but let me share my experience. I gave up the tape runner 6 months ago when I found the E-Z runner. I buy them here at sb.com and they are BETTER than CM taper runners. And they are about the same size. Sorry, the ATG is a monster, too big for me. Albums? I have enough to last about 1 year. I did buy a We R Memory Keepers album for my classroom. I am in LOVE with the page protectors and how easy it is to load them and move them around. The album itself is bulky and clunky. Eventually, I could get used to it.

Frau_Cooney
Pro
Frau_Cooney
In response to bonprof

Agreeing with bonprof. I have been a CM scrapper, but use other products too. I LOVE the EZ Runner too and started to use it several years ago. I bought CMs latest version of their tape runner a year ago, and it was better than the older version, but still not as smooth as the EZ Runner. So, if you are looking for something similar in size to the CM runner, as opposed to the large ATG, definitely try the EZ.

JediScrapToo
Diva
JediScrapToo
In response to Frau_Cooney

I've been a CM user since 1999, and I found the My Stik, and it's also similar in size and the tape is almost exactly like the CM kind. I like it, but i had one refill that didn't like me and didn't work right for a while, but it got better.

I'm also struggling to come to terms to switching to a post bound album. ABSOLUTELY REFUSE to use a 3 or D ring binder. It's a personal choice, I just really don't like the look of them. That being said, does anybody know if the 3 ring project life type of page protectors fit in post bound albums?

Unique scrapper
Veteran
Unique scrapper
In response to JediScrapToo

another great alternative to the large ATG is the glue glider pro gun which is filled by a cartridge and much smaller than the ATG. The tape is super tacky and I really like it.

ScrappinMom4
Guru
ScrappinMom4

I became a 'scrap junkie' while at a CM party and pregnant with my middle DS...who is now 14! I am so glad my friend, who was the consultant, introduced me to scrapbooking. I have come a long way...and never went back to change any of those early pages (too sentimental for me). Anyway, I *love* my ATG!!! As I said in another post...I totally get my DH obsession with big tools now. I still have my CM albums..and even inherited some items from a woman clearing out her stash...but overall I really have nothing else CM, except my corner rounder...love that thing!

Enjoy your ATG gun.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics