taurus_
Expert
taurus_

--

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to taurus_

Did she say she actually made the embellishment?

I use a lot of diecuts and overlays that I purchase. People know I purchase them - some come from the store here. And if anyone asks I will tell them, I don't claim to make them myself.

But still, your post has me wondering if anyone things I'm taking credit for them! Maybe I should mention when something is purchased.

I know you are not talking about me - I don't have any followers!

taurus_
Expert
taurus_
In response to Henri Jean

She didn't say "I made this." In her description she says what it is made of and mentions other things and where she got them. But she didn't say she got it from Michaels. Which is where it is from. And I'd say 80% of the comments - and there are a lot of comments all comment on the item and like I said before they say great job on making it. But she didn't correct them (as far as I know) or edit her image info. I guess she is misleading by not mentioning the fact that she didn't make it.

I'm not going to say who it is or anything like that. I was just wondering if it's happened before? I couldn't find anything on the forums about this particular topic.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to taurus_

Hi there, I like your gallery.

I have no idea the LO you mean but in their defense......I think that most design team people post their work here and then never really come back and check the comments. If you want to get their attention you can PM them to ask a question. Also, a lot of people would never say, I got this at .....(insert big box store) because they are a competitor of this site. I do however, say this is a "Recollections brand" item on my pages because it's an inventory for me, not to promote anything.

If they are design team, they really want people to come to their blog more than they want comments here. Is that the case here?

More explanation on their blog page? Just trying to give them a benefit of a doubt....

I've had people mistake things on mine LO's. I made a hand mirror from a chipboard and someone thought it was a hair brush! LOL! I never corrected them.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to CrimsonMama

I buy my diecuts and overlays from a competitive site - even though the store here doesn't have them, they have the same lines of papers and almost everything else - so I don't mention them.

When people ask me where I got my embellie or overlay I pm them back and tell them. But I never mention it in my description since it is a competitor with an online store.

taurus_
Expert
taurus_

Hi CM, thanks for the compliment on my gallery. As far as I can tell they aren't part of a design team. And I know what you mean, I don't label every single thing that I put on my pages or cards.

You could be right. Maybe she didn't read the comments. Oh well, it was still a cool design regardless if she made that one thing or not.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

If it's a handmade flower and she credits the dies, like Cheery Lynn, Spellbinders, or Heartfelt Creations then she made it herself. Some people are so good at making embellishments they look like they came from a brand like Prima or Recollections. Perfecting the handmade is totally awesome and way better than what you buy off the shelf.

If you're really curious, then ask her if she has a tutorial.

taurus_
Expert
taurus_
In response to Henri Jean

I never gave it a second thought about saying I got something from a competitor's store. I like to give people as much info as I can so if they like it they can get the same stuff. Maybe I shouldn't post on the image that I got a product from "M".

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury
In response to taurus_

So, i have to chime in as well. Sometimes I do not put everything down and identify it because i just assume that others will know, threw the packaging away before writing it down, or I forget or can't remember where I got what, etc. With that said, if I am tracking comments and such and someone asks, I do try and respond.

taurus_
Expert
taurus_
In response to runzalot81

Yes, you are right, I should ask her.

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to taurus_

I don't credit the source sometimes simply because some of the items I use have been in my stash for many years and not even sold anymore. I don't store most things in original packaging either so that confuses things even more. I'd rather not give the source than to guess wrong and credit another line.

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to olleharr

• olleharr Said:
I don't credit the source sometimes simply because some of the items I use have been in my stash for many years and not even sold anymore. I don't store most things in original packaging either so that confuses things even more. I'd rather not give the source than to guess wrong and credit another line.

This is me, too! I do try to let someone know that I didn't make something, if they post something that seems like they thought I did. I have had people think that I bought something that I actually DID make myself. If I happen to post something incorrectly, I really do appreciate someone letting me know so I can correct it.

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to taurus_

First I wanted to ask...With the redesign of this site, Can we even still list things that are not sold in the superstore? There used to be a section for listing other materials but it's gone now. Is that feature "other things use" still available? and if yes, how/where?

And, I would cut the person some slack. You can't expect someone to list each and every detail on exactly what they did or didn't do, make, or modify. Saying they are trying to take credit for an embellishment because they didn't list it seems like a stretch to me. And everybody says thank you when they are complimented on their "bling". It's sort of a given that most embellishments are manufactured. When she is saying thank you for a compliment about an embellishment, she could be saying thank you for recognizing the great job I did finding it, positioning it, etc.

I didn't make the top embellishment with party hats on these cards but I couldn't list that as they are not in the store. But isn't kind of obvious I didn't make them. And most certainly, I am not trying to take credit but I did move the one hat. Birthday cards By Gelidy Gelato

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to Gelidy Gelato

I put lots of my embellishments, flowers, etc. in bins with dividers right after I buy them so I would have no idea what company made them. That's usually the reason I can't submit cards for publication... I have no idea who made the stamp or the line of paper. I just have fun creating and think it is nice if someone writes something positive about a photo I post. I don't pay attention to how many followers a member has. I guess we all join here for many different reasons. I love seeing what people make and enjoy leaving positive feedback when I look at someone's project.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

• Gelidy Gelato Said:
First I wanted to ask...With the redesign of this site, Can we even still list things that are not sold in the superstore? There used to be a section for listing other materials but it's gone now. Is that feature "other things use" still available? and if yes, how/where?

I don't know - I never used that part of the upload screen to begin with - I list all my products in the image description, since they're the same descriptions I use for posting my layouts on Facebook. Then I link whatever products I can link, and since I have a belovedly old stash and love a lot of products that are long since our of production, sometimes that means nothing gets linked, but it does all get listed.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

• Quote:

Yes, I used to use that but it is no longer there. However, I list what I want in my description....again that is partly for my record.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

• CrimsonMama Said:
  • Quote:

Yes, I used to use that but it is no longer there. However, I list what I want in my description....again that is partly for my record.

I miss the "other things used" section. I used that all the time because a lot of my stash is ancient and no longer available in the Superstore. I forget to include that stuff in my description.

I like Alissa's suggestion of asking her if she has a tutorial. I also like to keep in mind that the poster has no control over the comments. Sure...she could come back and edit, but there could be reasons why she hasn't.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

• Gelidy Gelato Said:

And, I would cut the person some slack. You can't expect someone to list each and every detail on exactly what they did or didn't do, make, or modify. Saying they are trying to take credit for an embellishment because they didn't list it seems like a stretch to me. And everybody says thank you when they are complimented on their "bling". It's sort of a given that most embellishments are manufactured. When she is saying thank you for a compliment about an embellishment, she could be saying thank you for recognizing the great job I did finding it, positioning it, etc.

I think this is how I feel but it's hard to be sure when none of us know exactly what we're discussing

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to scrappercaz

LOL I feel very curious too! But I think it would be better not to post a link to the LO in question, in case the artist saw this thread and got upset. Most people have no intention of taking credit that isn't due to them. It would be better to address it in a PM, if at all.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to RedSquirrel UK

I always intend to give sources or name brands of things, but usually when I upload, I'm doing it between other stuff and always say I will go back and add everything later. But I never take credit for something I didn't make. One of these nights I'll get around to it!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics