Username Post: Purple ATG half inch wide        (Topic#1591579)
NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady

Does anyone have experience with and opinions about this specific ATG? Found a great deal on the evil auction site and can't makea decision.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to NMlady

No but I have the quarter inch pink one (LOVE IT!) and it comes with an adaptor that can be removed for half inch tape to fit. Is there an adaptor available for the purple one? Otherwise you risk paying a premium for half inch tape refills when you only really need the quarter inch tape.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to RedSquirrel UK

Agree with Rosey - the tape for the 1/2" would eat up the savings in the cost of the ATG.

The 1/2" is really overkill. If I need that much I can just run the 1/4" tape twice but truth is, if I need that much hold I go to glue dots.

Professional framers use the 1/2". Tape for the 1/2" is really cost prohibitive for me - so much more expensive than the acid free for the 1/4".

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to Henri Jean

I'm actually thinking about using it for making cards (for Operation Write Home) so won't be buying acid free refills usually, though the deal I'm looking at does come with 4 rolls of the acid free and still costs less than what the applicator usually is. I hate the color pink and love purple.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to NMlady

I wish there was a way to also us the 1/4 inch in it.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to NMlady

I see the pink ones for half price sometimes and Michaels has coupons that help a lot with the cost.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to Henri Jean

We don't hve any craft stores here, so I'm stuck buying online. Even on sale I wouldn't buy a pink one.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to NMlady

I hate the pink one too, which is why I plan to alter it to a different color.

Scrapjanny
Resident
Scrapjanny
In response to NMlady

• NMlady Said:

You might be able to. I have an ATG 50 that I bought a few years ago, and I can use both 1/4 inch and 1/2 inch refills with no problem. I would contact Scotch and ask if the purple ATG will accommodate 1/4 inch refills.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to Scrapjanny

I wonder whether you can get an adaptor for it?

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to Scrapjanny

• Scrapjanny Said:
  • NMlady Said:

You might be able to. I have an ATG 50 that I bought a few years ago, and I can use both 1/4 inch and 1/2 inch refills with no problem. I would contact Scotch and ask if the purple ATG will accommodate 1/4 inch refills.

Thank you for that info, the 50 looks just like an industrial version of the Puple one.

Tenant
In response to NMlady

I have and do not like the purple one. I love the pink ATG. 1/2 is honestly just too wide for most things I do.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to WorkingMommy

Since the tabs I have used forever are 1/2 inch I decided to go with the purple one since the price was so good. I got it yesterday and practiced a bit with it tonight. I think I will like it once I get the hang of it. My friend is stamping 100 Christmas trees for me while she is at a weekend crop. I will use these on my cards for my Operation Write Home project. Figure that will help me get the hang of this new tool.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to NMlady

I'm glad you got a good price on it. Let us know how you get on?

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to RedSquirrel UK

Love to see the cards when you are done too.

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to SherylEb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc76y5Cv5Ds My friend has a video up about this very thing...

slyn11
slyn11 
Resident
slyn11
In response to HisGEM

I have the 1/2" wide ATG...not the purple one - though I have a blue generic one that looks just like it...but mine is yellow...it came out before the pink/red 1/4" ones. I like the 1/2" width for making mini books, for gluing down large areas etc. I use the scapa brand tape, which I find better and more economical than the scotch.

Edited by slyn11 on 10-20-13 12:40 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to slyn11

So far, the little I've played with it, I'm liking it.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics