Username Post: I finally found it!        (Topic#1591595)
Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-15-13 09:01 PM

YAY! I finally found a corner rounder punch that I actually like! I didn't want a big crop-o-dile thing... just takes up too much space (I know lots of people say they don't take up that much space, but for me they are simply too big). I've purchased several smaller corner rounders... an exacto one, some other random one, and 2 by fiskars (1 of which is the squeeze kind) and none of them have really given me the nice smooth rounded corner I wanted.

But today I found the Becky Higgins project life corner rounder, tested it out, and I love it!! Corners are perfectly smooth with no little tags and it's just the right amount of rounding. Not too much and not too little. So excited!!! I just wanted to share because over the years I've seen lots of posts from people looking for a good corner rounder.

I don't see it here in the store. I got mine at HL. It was $10 but I used a 40% off coupon.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Vae

Oh good for you. I just got a couple of little punches in small and medium size. They only punch one sheet at a time, but I don't get any tags, and the edges are smooth as long as I get the paper in straight.

It does feel great finding the perfect product, doesn't it?

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to Vae

I have the new Fiskars 3-in-one and I am rather disappointed that it leaves tags if you have the paper all the way in.

I love the squeeze punch type, but it's not giving the best result. I have a cheap Paper Studio one that does a better small corner.

Products Referenced in This Post:

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza
In response to CrimsonMama

• CrimsonMama Said:
I have the new Fiskars 3-in-one and I am rather disappointed that it leaves tags if you have the paper all the way in.

I love the squeeze punch type, but it's not giving the best result. I have a cheap Paper Studio one that does a better small corner.

Yikes! I just purchased the Fiskar 3 in 1 corner punch but haven't even taken it out of the package yet. I have/had high hopes for it! My favorite corner punch of all time that I still use is the Creative Memory punch. That's a good one if you can get your hands on one.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to dsouza

Well try it and see what you think. Maybe mine has something off.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-16-13 11:00 AM
In response to CrimsonMama

Save the packaging, and if you don't like it, I would return it.

I had the 3 in one as well and I ended up returning it because I had the same issue with the tags and the corner not being round despite me making extra sure I had everything lined up properly.

I've heard the CM one was good but I never was able to get one and I'd rather buy one that I know could be replaced some day if needed.

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to Vae

So glad you found a corner rounder you like, Vae! I have a couple of CM ones, and I love them!!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-16-13 08:03 PM
In response to chocolateaxel

See? This is what happens when I have a hobby lobby less than 2 minutes from work. Yesterday I get a corner rounding punch. Today I went back for a spinning organizer. I'd been wanting one for a while but was trying to make due with what I have. But the sale was just too tempting. Now that I have it I can't believe I didn't get it sooner!

New Tool Organizer
By Vae

New Tool Organizer
By Vae

Next on the agenda is to get something to store all my jewelry making stuff. I don't have much, but I'd like to keep it all in one place.

Solitaire
Veteran
Solitaire
In response to Vae

I've been using the Fiskars 3-in-1 rounder with good results. You just have to make sure the paper is positioned correctly, by checking the bottom side of the punch before squeezing.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to Solitaire

I've been using my Corner Chomper and love it, but was thinking about getting the PL for on the go!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-17-13 06:20 AM
In response to mrsrogers52513

I rounded a few more corners on some scrap paper last night, just because I could. LOL.

The 3-in-1 always left a bit of a tag, and they were always just slightly angular instead of a nice smooth corner round. So then I'd always go back and clean it up with my craft knife. It's entirely possible that it was just me, but now I'm just glad I have a tool that I don't have to focus so hard to use.

Frau_Cooney
Pro
Frau_Cooney
In response to Vae

• Vae Said:

Next on the agenda is to get something to store all my jewelry making stuff. I don't have much, but I'd like to keep it all in one place.

Vae, I use this Artbin for my jewelry-making supplies...
Products Referenced in This Post:

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-17-13 10:22 AM
In response to Frau_Cooney

Oooh that looks like it might work for what I need. I need to get all my stuff out and see how much I have and how big of compartments I need. I like this case, I hope it will work for me! Thanks so much!

Frau_Cooney
Pro
Frau_Cooney
In response to Vae

I love all the little compartments to separate my beads. I use a lot of tiny zip close baggies and put those in the compartment.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics