Username Post: One Hour!        (Topic#1591599)
bonprof
Diva
bonprof

I came home from work yesterday completely overwhelmed and stressed out(I am a special education teacher, high school). I got out some paper and photos, started to play and put together a page. Within one hour, I was calm, my blood pressure dropped and I was back "in the momenet". This is an amazing, life saving hobby!!

Edited by bonprof on 10-16-13 01:00 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to bonprof

LOL! I believe it! My scraproom is my sanctuary. I don't think about anything in there but scrapping. It's great therapy.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to olleharr

That is great. I can use scrapbooking to calm down - unless I'm mad at my husband. Then nothing calms me down - that hurt or anger is a little harder for me to get under control. Then I can't focus on scrapbooking.

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to Henri Jean

it truly is. i'm in a gray funk not blue but gray and i'm hoping by making a few cards it will get back to normal...whatever that is

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza
In response to cescrapper

I've had (and am having) a very stressful few weeks and my weekends have been packed with other committments. I have already decided that this coming weekend is going to be all about me and I am going to ignore the household chores and focus on scrapbooking! I think it will be the very best thing I can do for my stress level. I see an endocronologist for Type II diabetes and he told me just this week that stress is the number one contributor to obesity. So, let us do with that piece of information what we will!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to dsouza

That makes sense because when I'm stressed I eat. When we go on vacation, especially cruises I loose weight.

bonprof
Diva
bonprof
In response to dsouza

Stress is the number one killer, period. It causes cancer cells to become active, it causes heart disease, high blood pressure,you name it!! So, let's keep cropping to good health!!

Bev1
Bev1 
Guru
Bev1
  • Bev1 on 10-16-13 01:05 PM
In response to bonprof

I agree! Love my scraproom!

nanof8 
Resident
In response to Bev1

I agree my scraproom is the place I go when I feel down I dont even need to scrap just sitting there helps I might pick up a scrapbooking magazine or just start to tidy up. Just being there surrounded by the craft I love.

bonprof
Diva
bonprof
In response to nanof8

This will sound weird, but the smell of patterned paper calms me down. Really

ScrappinMom4
Guru
ScrappinMom4
In response to bonprof

Good for you! We know that we are better for others when we take care of ourselves first...we just forget to do it. Keep taking care of you!

Veteran
In response to ScrappinMom4

My scraproom is truly my sanctuary! I can go hide in there for a few hours and my batteries are recharged! I lose myself in the mountains of paper, embellishments, tools and what have you that is in there. It really is my safe place!

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to Mimiof123

Awesome! For sure the best therapy! And cheaper (for some people, maybe!)

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to mrsrogers52513

Everyone always says to exercise to fend off stress but I think having an artistic/creative outlet/hobby works just as well. There is something about focusing your energies on the project at hand that just calms the mind. Worries just fade into the background. and I love thinking to myself "LOOK what I achieved this weekend!" be it a scrapbook page, card, photo, necklace, etc. I didn't just sit around like a bump on a log.

Alisa89
Tenant
Alisa89
In response to Gelidy Gelato

That's great! Sometimes I cannot scrap when I am angry or upset though. But it really does pass time and makes me very, very happy

bonprof
Diva
bonprof
In response to Alisa89

I agree about the anger thing; i usually scrub my kitchen floor but not scrapbook. But if im just generally stressed, cropping works great. And i dont have a scrap room! I make it work.

AmyWho
AmyWho 
Mayor
AmyWho
In response to bonprof

I can't scrap when angry or super stressed either. I end up sitting there getting more frustrated because I can't think.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics