Username Post: Scrappin With Kitties        (Topic#1591623)
GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury

My favorite room of my home happens to also be my kittie's favorite room - the scrap room. I hate finding her fur on my projects, in my projects, her body on top of my projects.... anyone else have this problem? the moment I sit down to scrap, her "mommy is scrapping"-dar alerts her to this and she sits in the middle of whatever I am attempting to do..... GAH

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-17-13 06:31 PM
In response to GwynnAsbury

Heheh mine wants to be in my lap any time I'm doing something. I can be watching a movie and she's nowehere to be found but as soon as I start scrapbooking she is all up in my business. LOL

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Vae

Every layout and every card I've made has cat fur on it. Every. One.

I had one cat who insisted on sitting in the middle of every project, chewing on the embellishments, sticking her nose in wet stickles, etc. I did not get a lot of scrapping done with her around.

Veteran
In response to Luvmyfam

My sweet kitty passed away and I would give anything to have fur on my projects again. If she had made it 3 more months, she would have been 20. She knew all of my secrets and had nursed me through many of life's traumas! Enjoy your baby while you can! You will miss that, one day. RIP, precious Annabelle

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to Mimiof123

i have a cat and he sits on my projects. i look at it this way his gray fur is just an extra added embellishment

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to Mimiof123

• Mimiof123 Said:
My sweet kitty passed away and I would give anything to have fur on my projects again. If she had made it 3 more months, she would have been 20. She knew all of my secrets and had nursed me through many of life's traumas! Enjoy your baby while you can! You will miss that, one day. RIP, precious Annabelle

My cat is 16 I can only hope i will have him four more years

Stephanie D
Guru
Stephanie D
In response to cescrapper

I dont think a project in complete with out kitten hair some places on it.

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to Stephanie D

• Stephanie D Said:
I dont think a project in complete with out kitten hair some places on it.

I have to agree

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury
In response to cescrapper

Yah but when you lift up things like your lamp and see the fur balls...... ugh.

heidihug
Resident
heidihug
In response to GwynnAsbury

Yep, me, too. Our princess Missy sits in the middle of my craft table and cries plaintively at me nearly every time I am in there. She tries to climb my shelves and ends up pulling something down on top of her nearly every time. Her hair is a part of nearly every layout, if not on the front, on the back of everything I use adhesive on.

I adore our kitties, though, and wouldn't have it any other way.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Mimiof123

• Mimiof123 Said:

So sorry for your loss.

southgirl
Veteran
southgirl
In response to Luvmyfam

Oh I can deal with cat fur, I just think of it as Ed's contribution to my craft. And the distractions are (for the most part) funny. BUT licking a hole in my last page of purple paper I was using (that cannot be found at any stores anymore) is the living end. So I adjust and pile scissors and tape runners and rulers over my papers and layouts as an Ed preventitive.

KatieJo
Mayor
KatieJo
In response to southgirl

One of mine just came up and gave me a sniff as I was reading your post.

I too have cat hair on everything and all my storage has to be kitty proofed. They've been known to chew through my ribbons, steal a fancy cut piece, and try to eat??? (I think) my Xyron sticker backing. Today, though one was happily amusing herself by dancing around on my sticking die cut machine mat. Not so sticky anymore and it WAS pretty new. Ugh! Worst still might be the fact that she also knows how to turn out the lights if she isn't getting enough attention. Let me just say she knows how to pick just the right time to do it too.

Still, love the little buggers! And they look great in pink Stickles! (I learned to watch where I put drying items too.)

Mimiof123, I too am sorry for your loss. We really are lucky to have the time we get with them. This is my second family of them.

squzalkitty
Tenant
squzalkitty
In response to KatieJo

i have to do crafts at my moms because my kitty would be into everything. however her cats jump on the table from time to time.

meezerpleaser
Diva
meezerpleaser
In response to squzalkitty

I don't mind the kitty hair - I just use a little strip of masking tape or painter's tape to "tack off" the page before it's finished, just to make sure there aren't any stray hairs. And a little scissors "trim" on the edge of a mat can take care of any hairs stuck to the adhesive.

And you can always make a "cat trap" to keep those furbabies out of your way - crumple up a piece of copy paper, smooth it out, then just place it in the middle of the floor. The cat should knock himself out in order to sit/lie on it. I know mine do!

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to meezerpleaser

I used to "brag" about every card coming with a bonus... Kitty fur! She left her earthly home in July at the age of 18. I miss her.

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to pinkpaperairedale

I used to have 4 cats....sadly lost 2 of old age (19&20 years old)

Now that I have 2 it's easier. I have one kitty that is insistent on being by my side whenever I am in my craft room. He will stay for hours. So I got a basket, put a pillow in it and he sleeps in it on my desk. It is worth it to give up some space to keep his sticky feet off my layouts. I have no idea why his feet seem sticky but they are. I even have a treat bag for them hidden in my border punch drawer. I love it. I don't mind some kitty DNA on my layouts.

You just have to give the cat what it needs. It will work.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics