Username Post: FONT NEEDED FOR BOM        (Topic#1591641)
KAR49
KAR49 
Tenant
KAR49
  • KAR49 on 10-18-13 04:31 PM

FONTS: I love the font, "RESPECTIVE" for my Book of Me........however, when printed it it is way too flourishy (is that a word?) to print in a smaller size. I want something similar, but have had no luck and since my BOM is going to be mainly journaling with embellishments and very few photos....the journaling will be very important........so any suggestions for a font would be greatly appreciated.........perhaps a Shabby Chic look.......yet legible...........so that I can write what I want and not worry about people needing a magnifying glass to read it.

Thanks all....................love these forums. I learn so much (and it always costs me money! Funny how that happens

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to KAR49

I have found that most flourishy fonts, if you will, have to be used in a very LARGE font size to be used in and read. This makes them only really useful as a title. I have downloaded a lot of free fonts from fontspace.com website. Grunge, retro, fourishy, vintage.

I think you are correct in wanting something easy on the eyes for most of your journaling.

On my ancestry work, I sometimes use a Large flourish font for the name of the family or person and then finish it in a more simple font for dates, etc.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-18-13 07:20 PM
In response to CrimsonMama

I like dafont.com. "curly" is one of the categories and I've found some gorgeous fonts there with just the right amount of flourish. Please keep us updated on what you decide :-)

Hey Jude
Veteran
Hey Jude
In response to Vae

'Angelina' is one of my favorites.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics