Username Post: is there a way to get ink off of card stock and paper if you make a mistake        (Topic#1591649)
squzalkitty
Tenant
squzalkitty

is there a way to get ink off of card stock and paper if you make a mistake?

thanks for your help.

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to squzalkitty

I was hoping somebody would have an answer for this question. I stamp a lot, and have for quite a while, and I've never found anything that will remove in boo boos from paper or cardstock.

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to chocolateaxel

I try chalk first and see if I can cover the error. If that does not work, you can try scratching the ink off. If it's a small mistake sometimes this works with out damaging it too much.
And If it's on white paper, I use whiteout.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Gelidy Gelato

Go digital, then press the undo button?

justLyn
Governor
justLyn
In response to scrappercaz

• scrappercaz Said:
Go digital, then press the undo button?

If not digital, then you just have to consider them opportunities to embellish!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to justLyn

Yep, cover it with ribbon or a flower, or (if you messed up stamping) re-stamp the image on another piece of paper and cover up the original location, or rotate the paper so the ink is in a place that will now be covered by your original layout plan, or change your layout plan to move a photo or journaling box to that location, or turn it over (if it's solid cardstock), or see if you can use even more ink to alter the paper and lose the mistake in the rest of the ink.

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to aquabunny

I've seen Jennifer McGuire lightly scrape it with exacto till it comes off.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to SherylEb

Carolyn - I found a Photoshop expert, actually private tutor and she is a scrapbooker and has helped create scrapbooking packages! She's worked with scrapbooking magazines too so she will be the perfect person to teach me to scrap using photoshop.

However, will still do paper and trimmer layouts when I'm home but I see a world of possibilities for digi when we are travelling!

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury
In response to Henri Jean

I recently dropped my juicey Fine detail stamp pad on my photos and paper. I tried to be awesomely creative and repeat this action to balance it out.... did not work......

I ended up redesigning the layout to cover the ink mishaps. In general, I have found that when I drop the ink pad, I either can make it a creative inspiration, Start over, or cover it up.......

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Henri Jean

• Henri Jean Said:
Carolyn - I found a Photoshop expert, actually private tutor and she is a scrapbooker and has helped create scrapbooking packages! She's worked with scrapbooking magazines too so she will be the perfect person to teach me to scrap using photoshop.

However, will still do paper and trimmer layouts when I'm home but I see a world of possibilities for digi when we are travelling!

That's cool!

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to scrappercaz

Since I don't do digi, don't like digi, and am not planning to transition to digi, I either have to figure a way to work the booboo into my design, cover with an embellie if I can, or start over, lol.

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to chocolateaxel

I do the recover thing as well. good luck I have the exact same problem I will get little smudges on my cards sometimes!

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to mindygail

If only there was a product like correction tape or a bleachy type of eraser as there is for blue ink. But there isn't, unfortunately. I usually either cover up mess-ups or re-do it.

I've made mistakes on hand-written journalling before. I've written the correct word onto a contrasting piece of card-stock (in upper case and with a nice outline around it) and stuck it over the top. If you add a few more over key words, it will look as if you intended to do that all along.

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to RedSquirrel

if would really help if we knew the extent of the problem.
A few stray dots of ink sometimes you can
- scratch it off with an exacto knife
- cover with it chalk, opaque marker, paint, or white out
- make a little embellishment or patch to cover it (I have split card stock into a thin layer and glued it on top of errors)

larger problem, say you misspelled something
- can work a embellishment or patch into the design
- can redo the area with the mistake
- scan the original (or photograph it), correct the mistake in Photoshop, print it out on matte paper, work it in over your error

and I can't say it enough, I use A LOT of chalk and q-tips to cover up errors. The great thing about it is if you don't like to way it came out you can just use an eraser, erase it and start again.

squzalkitty
Tenant
squzalkitty
In response to Gelidy Gelato

thanks for the help.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics