Username Post: Snow        (Topic#1591675)
flintridgescrapper
Idol
flintridgescrapper

I've got a stamp that has pine trees with snow. I know I've seen a product that I could use that would make the snow look real with texture and dimension. Anybody know what it was?

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury
In response to flintridgescrapper

There are a few options. One is a product called goosebumps matte spray. The store here carries it.

There is another product used in painting called Masking Fluid. This you have to get in the acrylic paint section.
Products Referenced in This Post:

lifethroughalens
Veteran
lifethroughalens

I have seen a couple of videos on You Tube using a product called Glistening Snow Writer by Deco Art. I have some but haven't used it yet, I am planning to use in on my Christmas cards this year (I hope). I got it at my local scrapbook store a couple of years ago for a different project and ended up not using it.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to GwynnAsbury

I know exactly what you are talking about - its is like flocking. It may even be called flocking! I've never had any of it or tried it but it is exactly like snow.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Henri Jean

Flocking and Flower Soft both would do what you're thinking of (though with different textures).

AmyWho
AmyWho 
Diva
AmyWho
In response to aquabunny

I used stuff called Liquid Applique. You squeeze it on like a glue pen, heat it with your heat tool (be careful because it can get a toasted marshmallow look if it gets too hot) and it puffs up. Pretty cool.

I was also going to suggest flowersoft if you wanted that flaky, powdery snow look. It's easy too. Just smear some glue on, pour some flowersoft on, shake/tap off the excess and press it down into the glue.

I've used both and liked both. I didn't post pics of those projects or I'd show you.

AmyWho
AmyWho 
Diva
AmyWho
In response to AmyWho

One more thing, If you do use the flowersoft and don't already have it, I wouldn't spend the $ on the special glue. I did, it totally clogged up so I tried Glossy Accents and it worked fine.

flintridgescrapper
Idol
flintridgescrapper
In response to AmyWho

Thank you all so much. I'll investigate all of the possibilities you've suggested!

flintridgescrapper
Idol
flintridgescrapper

What is the difference between flocking and flower soft? I have used flocking but not the flower soft.

Edited by flintridgescrapper on 10-20-13 06:38 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

AmyWho
AmyWho 
Diva
AmyWho

I THINK that flocking looks more velvety from projects I've seen. I bought some a few years ago but haven't used it yet.

Flowersoft is more...mossy. if I remember right, it does come in something like superfine. Hang on, I think I actually do have a card here with it...brb

AmyWho
AmyWho 
Diva
AmyWho
In response to AmyWho

Mother's Day By AmyWho

flintridgescrapper
Idol
flintridgescrapper
In response to AmyWho

AMY!!!! The liquid applique is PERFECT! Thank you so much!!!!! I Googled it and the images are stunning.

And thanks for answering about the FlowerSoft and sharing that card! It's gorgeous!

AmyWho
AmyWho 
Diva
AmyWho

Thank you. Glad I could actually help someone! Have fun! Now I want to do some more projects with these products lol.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to AmyWho

White FlowerSoft! It makes for awesome snow.

andrea m
Diva
andrea m
In response to Luvmyfam

I use flower soft in polar white. I apply it with glossy accents and add a little glitter for a shiny look. I love the way it turn out.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to andrea m

I was going to suggest white flower soft as well...it has the texture of fluffy snow...

FYI, Goosebumps dries in a clear texture....more like ice than snow...it's pretty cool, though!

Veteran
In response to kiyawinn

good ideas! About 4 years ago I made these clear acrylic albums that i USED and I bought the flocking that i got at Joanns years ago but it worked really good. I betcha that Inkado stuff would really work out good!!

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to mindygail

I use the Liquid Applique.

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa
In response to mrsrogers52513

Try the Snow Marker Paper and Fabric Embellishing. Its white, puffy paint that dries by itself and it gives you a "realistic" snow effect with texture and everything. I love it.

Edited by Crafting Marfa on 10-26-13 06:59 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics