Username Post: X-Mas Project ALERT!!!        (Topic#1591689)
mindygail
Expert
mindygail

Hi! I like making cards and love doing scrapbooks and sometimes mini albums!!! Every year I make my own christmas cards. My sil also has for years been making her own (very professional) xmas cards as well. I really want to out do her this year but i really need tips and ideas. I know the gallery is awesome but I still am not sure what to do. Any ideas would be a huge help. I am thinking maybey um, a red cardstock with white snowflakes or something I want it to look pro not ameture. Im ok at making cards but she has a stampin up friend who has a card club monthly and I am on a tight budget!!!*(YIKES)*
Thanks bunches and early merry christmas,
mindygail

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to mindygail

I'm afraid I'd go straight to Pinterest for ideas. Sorry Gallery! Depending on how many cards you want, and whether you want them all pretty much the same, you want something simple without too many steps, that can be made on a production-line basis.

ScrapAddict21
Mayor
ScrapAddict21
In response to RedSquirrel UK

Maybe try an embossing folder with snowflakes or you could use a snowflake stamp and heat emboss it with ranger stick embossing powder and then add glitter.

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to ScrapAddict21

ok thanks girls!!!
Gotta work on it some this week.

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to mindygail

my personal 2 cents
- I would avoid a plain white background (it's just not special enough)
- stamps are tricky and can be underwhelming. Embossing powder and a heat gun can turn them into WOW.
- dig out those red, green and gold ink pads. Sometimes a little red around the edges is all you need.
- if you are going to handwrite something, try gold metallic pens/markers
- glitter is tricky, you don't want to be giving a gift that keeps on giving
- always make a few "Happy Holidays" "Peace on Earth" cards
- I use holiday ribbon as opposed to "scrapbook ribbon". You can often find much nicer ribbons at a fraction of the cost
- avoid making square or oversized cards. They cost extra to mail and enveloped can be hard to find.
- USE EXTRA GLUE! there is nothing more embarrassing then to see your card falling apart at someone's house. Christmas cards get handled more.
- Christmas cards are PERFECT for giving away those extra photo printouts. Share your pictures and lose the guilt that you made too many printouts.
- MAKE extra, you always need more cards than you think.
- And finally, if you plan on giving any checks or gift cards build the pocket right into the card.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics