Username Post: Using Embossed Papers        (Topic#1591697)
amnb7 
New Kid On the Block
  • amnb7 on 10-21-13 03:36 PM

How do you incorporate embossed paper (made from embossing folders)into your scrapbook layouts?

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury
In response to amnb7

Hello. I saw this and thought you would like an article that I wrote on this exact subject. You can find it at the sister site

http://www.scrapjazz.com/topics/Techniques/Emb ossing/44...

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Or post more questions. and welcome!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to GwynnAsbury

I've wondered the same thing. I don't do cards, only scrapbooks so my embossing folders never get used. This gives me some ideas.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Henri Jean

Colour blocking or layering showcases embossed pieces well. Or you could use the embossed background as a mat for your photos, leaving a nice big border, or borders. How about using one to create a Polaroid-style shape? Or cut/punch flower petal shapes and then emboss each layer, for an unusual look. Cut before you emboss for the easiest results. Try inking your folder before you put the paper into it, and you'll get a lovely rich, multi-tone effect.

Those are off the top of my head. I remember Gwynn's article being full of ideas too - off to have another look and refresh myself!

Will you come back and show us what you did?

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury
In response to RedSquirrel

Another great way is to emboss your embellishments, or emboss diecut cardstock and use as the base of an embellishment cluster.

merreena
Veteran
merreena
In response to GwynnAsbury

Dry emboss and go over with distress ink for nice look Like this layout I saw on pinterest : http://www.pinterest.com/pin/95560823316538857 /

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to merreena

Adventure By NMscrapper

Here's one I just completed. I cut the leaves with my Cricut and embossed each one.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to NMscrapper

Oh great ideas! I was just thinking I need to emboss more for my LOs and not just cards. I have embossed letters for titles and added strips of embossed paper before but really need to do it more often.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 10-22-13 12:37 PM
In response to pugs223

I have embossed photos and then sanded like this one:
60 Some things By GMFTS

Another poster mentioned inking the embossing folder before embossing which is what I did on the yellow cs on that lo.

I have also used an embossing folder under a 12X12 sheet and sanded so that I get a different effect. Can't think of a lo I have laoded here so I can't show you that.

amnb7 
New Kid On the Block
  • amnb7 on 10-22-13 05:28 PM
In response to GMFTS

Thanks for all your great ideas! I have a small collection of embossing folders, love the look, but I don't make cards so your ideas will help me put those folders to use on my layouts.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to amnb7

I emboss some of my layered pieces on a page, or my embellishments, strips of paper to use as a border etc....
Here are some examples....
I embossed a square and added it as part of my design (birthday embossing folder)
Birthday By Kiyawinn

On this one I embossed the paper layer under my photo and then I ran some chalk ink over it to make it stand out....
Fall Walk By Kiyawinn

And here's another one with embossed paper used as one of the layers....
Fall Pumpkin Picking pt.1 By Kiyawinn

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to kiyawinn

Oh, and also, you can emboss chipboard so try embossing your chipboard elements or even Thickers.......

Veteran
In response to NMscrapper

I love this technique. TFS!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics