Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Michaels New Phone Ap        (Topic#1591737)
Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I have always loved Michaels phone app - so easy to use the coupons. If I went several times in a week I could re-use the coupon over and over.

When I was in Michaels on Tuesday I asked if there was a coupon on the phone and the guy at the register told me there was but was I sure I really wanted to use it? I didn't have anything over $5.00 and you could only use them once now on the phone app.

It was going to expire on Oct 26th and I don't go to Michaels that often so I said to go ahead to use it. That seemed better than wasting it.

Well, went to Michael's with my best friend here in Ocala and bought some more expensive items and the coupon could not be used again! It voids them now when they are used!

A woman was at the register this time and she could see I was really disappointed not to be able to use my 40% coupon again.

She said, "You have just under $100 in stuff, I have an extra I can use and she used a 25% off the entire order coupon so I got out for about $75! I was so happy! Waited until I got home to do the happy dance though.

But not excited about only being able to use the phone app coupons once and then they are voided.

Bummer.

boysmom
Pro
boysmom
In response to Henri Jean

I don't go to Michael's very often, but when I do, I just go onto their website before-hand and have the coupons I might need texted to my phone. They have new coupons every week so I have never had a problem.

scrapchica
Guru
scrapchica
In response to boysmom

Agreed, it used to be once a day, not once a week. And when they first changed their app, it wasn't even working right, at least it didn't remove the coupon. I wondered why I had to make an account to have the app. I won't be going there much. Esp when I have J's and I can show them M and HL coupons and use all 3 at the same time.

Solitaire
Veteran
Solitaire
In response to scrapchica

No app for me. (I don't even have a smart phone.) I print out the coupons so I can keep using them as many times as I need to.

Veteran
In response to Solitaire

I noticed this yesterday and was not very happy about it. It definitely encourages me to go other places.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to GAKropper

Have never used their app.

This confirms my ongoing frustration with its coupon policy. It has NEVER been consistent, and you can't be sure what's allowed!!

I just avoid shopping there.

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to Bxr-Linda

Yep- they did this a bit ago- very frustrating and seems as the old saying goes- cut off your nose to spite your face!!!
Don't they want me to spend my money there???
I have an email address for me and the hubs, so I use them both if need be, at least I can use 2 coupons that week, if it's a good one.

Also, I noticed last time I was at J's, that they have now excluded the Spellbinders from their coupons. Again, I think this is only hurting their own business. Me and my money left with the items left on the counter. Sure, I didn't get the item I wanted but they also didn't get a sale.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to ChansGram

My Michaels is awesome! I love that store - the people who work there are really good. The ladies in the scrapbook section are actually scrapbookers and address the scrapbookers who go in by name.

The register people are really good - one time I couldn't use my phone ap so the person gave me the percentage off anyways (40% I think) and then last night they ran a 25% on my whole order complimentary.

Still though - I don't like being able to use the coupons just once.

I didn't know I was going last night or the night before. I pass by there - never make a trip or plan to go there so for me it is a royal pain in the neck to print out coupons. I just don't like to do that.

Usually I'm with friends and one will say, "let's go to Michaels!"

I sometimes go for months and then have a purse of expired coupons or I print them out and when I need them they are on my computer at home.

I'm in love with phone ap coupons!

I used one at Hobby Lobby and at Joanns earlier this week.

Edited by Henri Jean on 10-24-13 11:57 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-24-13 12:15 PM

All the M's here are inconsistent on their coupon policy. Frustrating beyond belief. It really just depends on who's working the register and the turnover is so high I rarely see the same people working (and I go there a lot more often than I should).

M's still accepts competitor coupons (for now anyway) and HL ALWAYS has a 40% off coupon. I always check J's first to see if they have 50% off but I can always count on 40% off.

Depending on who you get at the register, they will let you do two transactions so you can use two coupons.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Vae

I do a lot more online shopping than I do at any of the box stores. Also shop a lot more at the scrapbook store in the Villages so I don't get bothered too often by the policies. I think they are usually pretty consistent here with them but I could be wrong.

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam

If I know I am going to Michaels, I go online and print the coupons instead of using my phone. I print extras and give them to other shoppers. That way I can get something and my hubby can get me something and later on that week I can go with my MOM. I do this when they have 50% off so I can get a lot of ATG tape. I hate the new app.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

Score at the register, Henri! Nice!

I was thrilled to have a paper coupon to use at M's today. The 2 closest stores to us are both in "dead zones" and I cannot get the apps to work inside the stores. As for J's, their app-coupons seem to have a high fail rate. I can only get them to work about half of the time.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to Luvmyfam

Henri, that was quite a catch! nice one))
I didn't install the app - I just open the coupon on the website on my phone browser, this has worked so far.. Hope they don't turn that feature off though!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to OlesyaK.

Never thought of opening the website on my phone browser - will have to try that.

I use the phone app coupons all the time and I really love the convenience!

I never know when I'm going to end up at Michaels. I never plan to go there, I just find myself there.

Scrapjanny
Resident
Scrapjanny

• Quote:
I don't like being able to use the coupons just once.

I didn't know I was going last night or the night before. I pass by there - never make a trip or plan to go there so for me it is a royal pain in the neck to print out coupons. I just don't like to do that.

If you want to use the coupon more than once, take a screenshot of the coupon on your phone before you tap the Redeem Now button. As long as you have a picture of the barcode, you can use it over and over. I've done it many times.

Edited by Scrapjanny on 10-25-13 06:17 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Scrapjanny

This is good to know! Will definitely do this! This would completely solve it and would be like using several of the printed coupons!

Thank you!

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to Scrapjanny

• Scrapjanny Said:
  • Quote:
I don't like being able to use the coupons just once.

If you want to use the coupon more than once, take a screenshot of the coupon on your phone before you tap the Redeem Now button. As long as you have a picture of the barcode, you can use it over and over. I've done it many times.

How do you take a screenshot? I have an iPhone.

Frau_Cooney
Guru
Frau_Cooney
In response to ChansGram

• ChansGram Said:
How do you take a screenshot? I have an iPhone.

Hold the power button on top and the round button on the bottom of the front down at the same time. When you let go, it takes a picture. I did it several times accidentally until I figured how why it happened!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Frau_Cooney

If you hold the round button and the power button for a long time the phone will power off so you just hold them for a second to take a screen picture.

shygypsy
Tenant
shygypsy

I looked on my app for the 25% off entire purchase. I didn't see one Was it for a limited amount of time?

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics