Username Post: New experience!        (Topic#1591793)
bonprof
Idol
bonprof

I signed up for a day crop where i don't know a soul. Part of me is really excited because i will talk less and get more done. I am open to meeting new scrap buddies, naturally. Any feedback?

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom
In response to bonprof

Enjoy your work time!! Anytime you can scrap is a good time!

NHScraper
New Kid On the Block
NHScraper
In response to Juansmom

I always go alone
But you will meet new people and have something in common

Enjoy

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury
In response to Juansmom

Take a bag of candy and a bowl. You can put it next to your space and it will bring people over to say hello to you and open up chit chat!

bonprof
Idol
bonprof
In response to GwynnAsbury

What a sweet idea!! Hee hee

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 10-27-13 01:35 PM
In response to bonprof

How fun!! Scrapbooking and meeting fellow addicts! Who could ask for more!!?? Just set out a couple of your fav layouts and they will flock.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to charK

Walk around during the day and see what others are making. Make friendly comments and you are bound to get some conversations going.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Luvmyfam

I never thought of taking a bowl of candy and putting it out. Great idea!

I agree with Jen too - walk around a see what everyone else is working on. I find that people are very happy to show off what they have done. And you can get some great ideas too!

Have fun at your crop!

aubrieannie
Veteran
aubrieannie
In response to Henri Jean

So funny, I too am going to a crop where I know no one! Mine is an entire weekend, so I sure hope my tablemate is someone nice! Sadly, I have no scrapping friends, although I keep trying to get people to do it with me. Hoping to meet some great people.

bonprof
Idol
bonprof
In response to aubrieannie

Thanks for all of your great ideas. It is good for me to get "out of my comfort zone", and do something different. I will let you know how it went. (November 9). Good luck to you on your weekend crop! It will be fine!

aubrieannie
Veteran
aubrieannie
In response to bonprof

Mine is the same weekend. Here's to both of us meeting some new people. And I am SO going to put a dish of candy on the table!!!!

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to bonprof

sometimes you need a conversation starter to break the ice...
tv is always a good one, something like..."Did you catch the Amazing Race last night? I find that program so interesting because I love to travel."

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Gelidy Gelato

I always ask questions about what they are scrapping - the people in the pictures. That always gets conversations started.

Where was this taken - I would love to go there or have been there. Is this your grandson - how old is he? People love to talk about their pictures!

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to Henri Jean

Very Good advice Henri!!!!!! You will make friends and have a wonderful time!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics