Page 1 of 8 
Username Post: ~Anything Goes Challenge November - sign ups open thru Nov 7 ~        (Topic#1591815)
justLyn
Governor
justLyn

ALL NEW ANYTHING GOES CHALLENGE

November is almost here! Time for sign ups!

Ok... I know some people have been intimated by this challenge but shut the front door----this challenge has been revised and updated!! KEEP READING.....

Not only will you meet new people here you'll get your motivation amp'd up you'll become a creative rock star to all your scrap cronies!! Seriously!!!

Your creativity will grow beyond your wildest dreams... ya and you will leap out of your comfort zone like their is no tomorrow!! Playing with us on the monthly challenge will not only be fun, it will be a place where you can talk about your woes and your toes...make close bonds with ladies who have the same and not so same ideals! And we all need more friends right? Say yes!!

Now before you run off, take some time and read thru' this post and ask me some questions, if you have any questions...or your overwhelmed beyond belief, ask me to help you catch your breath! We have made some BIG changes and we think it is a lot easier to follow than before!

SO pull up your BIG GIRL PANTIES and jump in with us die hard players and join the ranks of the obsessed!!

We will have daily challenges, weekly challenges, weekly photo challenges and a monthly challenge. All to keep you motivated and working hard to actually get those pics onto paper and into an album! We are willing to hold your hands thru the rough bumps. So ask...PLEASE!!!!!!

SIGN-UPS will be open until November 7th

If you are playing for points/prizes please send me US$8.00 via USPS no later than October 7th. If you don't want to pay, you can always play motivational (but you won't be eligible for the prizes).

Please mail to:
Lynda Strum
434 Clover Rd
Venice, FL 34293

Alternately you can pay via PayPal by sending money to AnythingGoesChallenge@gma il.com
If you select this method, you will have to pay US$8.55 to cover PayPal fees but that’s not that bad considering a stamp would cost you $0.46

PRIZES: Gift certificates to sb.com!

**Prize Categories**

(prize amounts will be based upon the number of players)

1. Most Points Overall: no matter what your goal was if you meet your goal and if you have the most points at the end of the month, then you are the winner in this category.

2. Most Points 10 or Fewer Layouts: If you set your goal at 10 or fewer layouts and you meet your goal BUT do not exceed 10 layouts for the month then you are eligible for this category. If you complete more than 10 LOs then that moves you to other prize categories.

3. Random Drawing of Everyone Who Meets Their Monthly Layout Goal: Meet your monthly layout goal and there will be a drawing done on random.org of everyone who met their goal but did not win in another category.

4. Winner for completing the most dailies. If there is a tie, a random drawing will be done on random.org for the winner of this category.

***** You will only be eligible for prizes having met your monthly layout goal. Each paying player may only win in ONE category.*****

Layouts are counted towards your goal in the following manner:
*8x8 or above including 8.5x11, 12x12=1 layout (2 pagers count as 2 layouts)
*3 4x6 or 5x5=1 layout
*4 mini layouts (3x3, 4x4 etc.)= 1 layout
*Altered items and other projects can be counted as "layouts" based on the amount of work you put into them. If you aren't sure how many layouts a project is “worth”, just ask!

**Cards do not count toward your layout goal, but you can count points for them.**

WHEN YOU SIGN UP, PLEASE POST YOUR LAYOUT GOAL FOR THE MONTH! YOU MAY CHANGE YOUR GOAL ANYTIME BEFORE SIGN-UPS CLOSE on the 7th of the month!

~~~Only pages that are NEWLY completed and uploaded between November 1st and November 30th count towards your total points and layouts.

~~~This challenge ends on November 30th at 11:59 PM PST. All LOs, cards, pics, or other projects to be counted for points or towards your LO goal must be uploaded to your gallery AND linked to this thread with your point details.

~~~All weekly challenge pics, LOs/projects, etc. AND POINT DETAILS must be posted to the thread by the deadline for weekly challenges which is Sunday 11:59 PM PST. (That is the Sunday of the week the challenges were posted for. Full weeks run from MONDAY (Day 1) to SUNDAY (Day 7).

~~~Most daily challenges do NOT have to be complete the day the challenge is posted, unless the challenge says it is for that day only. However, you get +10 bonus points for completing a daily challenge the day it was posted.

~~~To take the bonus +10 pts for completing a daily challenge the day it was posted you must have the daily complete, uploaded to your gallery, and posted to the thread WITH POINTS DETAILS by 11:59 PM PST that day.

~~~When you post your cards, LOs, or altered projects please post all points details including any daily, weekly, or monthly challenges you are counting them for on this thread. Please try not to post projects then come back later to post the points details. If you do not post points details by a deadline for special points, you cannot take special points even if the project was completed in time. Special points are points such as points for a weekly challenge or the points for completing a daily challenge the same day it is posted, bonus points offered for another reason.

Note on embedding:

ALLOWING PUBLIC EMBEDDING:
1. Go to the layout in your gallery.
2. Click on 'Edit Image' tab under the layout.
3. Scroll down to the bottom left side.
4. Check the box that says, ‘Allow Public Embedding’.

LINKING LAYOUTS TO THE THREAD:
1. Go to the layout in your gallery.
2. Click on 'Link/Embed Image' link in the 'Share & Link' box to the left of the layout.
3. Click on 'IMG code' button.
4. Copy and paste the code which starts [url...] into the forum thread.

justLyn
Governor
justLyn
In response to justLyn

Players:
paid:
Marty 0/10
New Julie 0/30
Linda 0/15
Lyn 1/15

motivational:
Teresa 0/10

Volunteer Help With Dailies & Weeklies
Week 1: 1-3 Linda
Week 2: 4-10 Lyn
Week 3: 11-17 Julie
Week 4: 18-24 Lyn
Week 5: 25-30

Edited by justLyn on 11-18-13 11:03 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

justLyn
Governor
justLyn
In response to justLyn

November 2013 Points~

(print this out so when you want to add up your points you have it right next to your LO)

BONUS POINTS!!!!
take +400 bonus points if you pay by Nov 1st,
take +300 points if you pay by Nov 5th,
take +200 points if you pay by Nov 7th, the deadline!

5 POINT ITEMS
- PER letter/number used in title only (stamped, sticker, chipboard, rub-on, die cut, etc.)
- PER photo corner, button, staple, brad, paper clip, jewel, pearl, or metal item.
- PER sticker used (rub on, flat or 3D, NOT alphas in title)
- PER hand stitch
- PER comment you post in a gallery/blog/my place
- PER new photo taken by you, posted to your sb.com gallery, and linked to this thread
- for updating your siggy-points & layouts info IMMEDIATELY after posting points
- for cleaning up your scrap area after you completed the posted layout

10 POINTS PER EACH ITEM USED ON A PROJECT
(example: if you use three different pattern papers take 30 points)
- PER cardstock/pattern paper used
- PER type/kind of ribbon, trim, twine, fiber or embroidery floss/thread used
- PER stamped image or word on your project
- PER color of glitter mist, chalk, stickles, paint, or ink used
- PER hand-cut embellie (that you cut out w/ scissors)
- PER any kind of die-cut shape (includes chipboard die-cut)
- PER flower (the whole flower not counting each layer)
- PER type of distressing (inking, sanding, crumpling paper, etc.)
- PER card, tag, or swap item made (full points for first, 20 pts for each identical one)
- PER punch used
- PER each color of washi tape
- PER each foam piece
- PER each felt piece
- PER each tulle piece
- PER each acetate piece
- PER item used that is over 1 year old! (Includes the picture(s) if PRINTED over 1 year, not just taken over 1 year ago!) USE UP THOSE OLD SUPPLIES!!!

75 POINTS FOR USING THESE ITEMS/TECHNIQUES ON A PROJECT
PER- creating a LO for another challenge on sb.com or on another blog/website (MUST tell what challenge it is for AND if it is not an sb.com challenge you MUST post the website link to the challenge!)
PER- chipboard/grungeboard/car dboard (not cardstock)
using a quote, poem, or song lyrics
having journaling on your LO

50 POINT ITEMS:
- PER 8x8 or larger (8.5x11, 12x12) or 8x8 or smaller layout's (MUST have a link in this forum)
- PER HANDMADE (by YOU, not machine made) flower on your project
- handmade frame
- for doodling on your page
- for making your LO a shape that is not a square or a rectangle (ex. heart or circle) OR a LO that has a border that is not a straight edge (ex. scalloped border or rick rack border or border and corner punches ie: Martha Stewart punches)
- for using memorabilia besides pictures
- PER wet or dry embossed image
- for using one or more of the following themes: a family or local tradition; being thankful for someone or something
- for having hidden pics or journaling—to take these points, you must include a close up of the hidden items in your gallery and link to this thread (journaling that is just written on the back of the LO does not count as hidden)
- paper piecing
- tags
- banner

75 POINT ITEMS:
- for using your OWN design that is NOT based on someone else design or sketch to create an altered project or layout (take ONLY +25 pts if it is a card or swap item you designed yourself)
- PER layout (not card or altered project) with at least 60% negative space
- pages with no pics ~new~
- 12x12 overlays ~new~
- masking or stenciling ~new~

PICTURE POINTS ON YOUR LAYOUTS/PROJECTS/CARDS
10 POINTS:

- PER picture (4 pics = 40 pts.)
- PER person or animal in each pic
- PER picture cut in the shape of a circle
- PER picture over 2 years old OR +20 pts PER pic over 5 years old
- PER black & white vintage photo
- PER picture taken August 2013 or later
- for rounding your corners on your picture

20 POINTS:
- PER picture that YOU are in
- PER picture with NO people or animals in it
- PER photo larger than 4x6 OR 3x3 (2x3, 2x2, etc.) or smaller
- for project/page w/ 3+ pics
- for having the title, an embellishment, or journaling on or overlapping the picture

JOURNALING POINTS
- 5 point PER word of journaling (not pre-printed embellies)
- 50 points for using handwritten journaling on your page (or 75 pts for 50+ words or 100 points for 100+ words)

ADDITIONAL POINTS
100 POINTS:

- for doing a THOROUGH cleaning of your scrap area when it is messy! YOU MUST POST A BEFORE AND AFTER pic to take the points!
- machine sewing,
- for altered item/home decor item created,
- for scraplifting
- new technique for you, that you used, (must explain what technique you used)

Edited by justLyn on 11-01-13 06:55 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

justLyn
Governor
justLyn
In response to justLyn

~Daily Challenges~

1. part 1: set up your signature for November 100 points
part 2: go to your wish list, clean out all the discontinued items, and add 5 or more items to it. Share those items here with us for 150 points.

2. worth 300 points - Do a layout with 2 circles (pic and mat, etc). 100 bonus points if its NOT pic and mat!

3. 60 minute challenge 600 points - Hope everyone enjoyed their extra 60 minutes of sleep in US. Since we gain an extra hour today let's make it quick and do a lo with 6 items on your bgp in 60 minutes!

4. use a definition on a LO for 300 points, or on a card for 200 points (not both.) Can be torn from a dictionary, hand-written, a preprinted embellie, or ?

5. Make a patterned paper starting with plain card stock and whatever else you'd like to make a background. Use this to do a LO for 500 points.

6. use this sketch for a LO for 400 points
12x12 sketch By Splendidmemories

7. Scraplift yourself! for 300 points

8. Let's make friends today! Add 3 new friends here at sb.com, tell us who they are, and take 150 points.

9. Use more than one copy of the same photo on a LO for 400 points.

10. It is dreary and overcast here today, so use bright colors on any project for 300 points.

11. Scrap make a layout using scrap you can use a full sheets for your base 300 Points

12. Make a handmade item on your layout can be a flower a tag or even a journaling block 300 Points

13. Raining here today so lets do a layout or card with something that is about rain gum boots, umbrella, rain cloud etc 300 Points

14. Use this sketch for 400 Points
Anything Goes Challenge By Julie101

15. Tell us which ones you are and take 200 Points
Anything Gose Daily Challenge By Julie101

16. Use punches at least 2 different ones 400 Points

17. Anything goes share anything a layout card or off the page project 300 Points

18. Use buttons, brads, or eyelets on a project for 250 points.

19. Scrap about one of those less-than-perfect days or events OR use a less-than-perfect photo (you know, the blurry ones, the one where you chopped out Uncle Sol). Have a great day, and take 500 points for you LO.

20. Do a LO or card about something silly or with a humorous tone. 400 points LO/300 points card

21. Today is use less stuff day, so let's use no more than 3 cs/pp and 6 embellies. LO only, please, for 700 points.

22. Today is go for a ride day! Include some kind of conveyance (bicycle, hot-air balloon, ski-lift, etc) on your project. 500 points for a LO/altered item or 300 for a card.

23. Today is Fibonacci Day (he was a mathematician) so let's use number ion a LO today somewhere other than the journaling. 400 points

24.Celebrate you unique talent day! Spend 30 minutes (or more) doing something you enjoy with one of your talents. Tell us what you did for 400 points.

25. Looks like cold weather for most everyone making it a blue Monday - Use blue as your background color for 500 points.

26. 400 points - It's all about 2 and using only 2 different papers - Whatever you use, you need to have 2 of them on your layout. Example, 2 pics, 2 embellies, 2 punches, 2 stickers, 2 inks, 2 stamps, 2 flowers, etc.

27. 500 points - Hump Day Wednesday!!! Everyone is probably rushing around making sure Thanksgiving food is prepared and that they have pen and pencil ready to take notes about what everyone wants for Christmas. As women, we tend to put ourselves last. For this challenge respond with your "Letter to Santa" starting with Dear Santa, All I want for Christmas is (insert your top 5). I've been a very good girl because I (fill in the blank).

For bonus 250 points upload a picture of your written letter either on your fridge or with cookies and milk!!! (be sure to leave it where everyone can see it)

28. Holiday time - Free Day - nothing due but feel free to add 400 points just for checking in today.

29. 400 points! Hope everyone had a wonderful time yesterday! I'm sure stories were shared and new memories made. So which year was your favorite Thanksgiving and why?

30. 400 points - last daily for November. Make a LO or card using the last thing you bought to scrap.

Edited by justLyn on 11-30-13 09:59 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

justLyn
Governor
justLyn
In response to justLyn

~Weekly Challenges~
Week 1: 1-3
500 points - Random Act of Kindness

I LOVE reading the backstory of gallery uploads. It's so amazing what you can learn by just browsing. I have to pinch myself when I encounter a first degree of connectivity just because of one click on an upload! I consider these to be the best form of Random Acts of Kindness!

Go to any page in the gallery and select the item that touches you the most. Go to that person's gallery or profile and find your connection. This can be the same name, same location (state, country, etc), fact (hobby, kids, work), similar lo or theme, same vacation destination, I think you get the idea. Post info about your Act on this thread.

BONUS 1000 points - Scrap it - journaling, pics, memorabilia, whatever!

PHOTOS: 100 each: Your favorite things - something that is your
favorite color (i.e. blue sky);
favorite hot beverage;
favorite scrap paper;
favorite book

Week 2: 4-10

Go to the sb.com superstore color tool ( Color tool link ). Either upload your photo, or select a main color. Then choose one of the four color schemes and do a LO in those colors. 600 points
Bonus - take a photo or screen shot of the color tool page with your chosen scheme and post it with your LO for 150 points. (If you use firefox, there is a plug-in called fireshot that does screen shots. There may be others as well.)

PHOTOS: 100 points each
the scrapbook tool you use the most often
the scrapbook tool/item you should use more often
a non-scrapbook tool that you do use for scrapping
a scrapbook tool that you use for non-scrapping purposes

Week 3: 11-17

When I grow up... Do a layout all about what you or child wants to be 400 Points

PHOTOS
: 100 Points per photo

Self Portrait
Flower
Citrus fruit
Books
Water

Week 4: 18-24
use a book title or quote on your LO for 250 points, or use both for 500 points. Use them on a card for 150 points each/300 points for both quote and title. You can do either a LO or card, but not both.

PHOTOS
: 100 points each - something
red
yellow
green
blue
white

Week 5: 25-30

PHOTOS:

Edited by justLyn on 11-18-13 11:07 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

justLyn
Governor
justLyn
In response to justLyn

~Monthly Challenge~

There are 2 parts to this monthly.
Part 1: Choose up to 6 scrapbook.com artists that inspire you. Provide a link to their gallery, and tell us why or how they inspire you. 200 points for each artist.
Part 2: Choose a LO from each artist you linked, and do a lift of that LO. Take 1000 points for the monthly, in addition to the regular point-list points, for each LO.
Bonus: Do all 6 LOs (and of course, link 6 artists) and take a 1000 point bonus!!

Total possible points 8200!!

Edited by justLyn on 11-04-13 10:00 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

justLyn
Governor
justLyn
In response to justLyn

Something New! This month I will get this!

Every few days, I will post a question. Each question will be worth 200 points (unless it has a bonus!) when you post your answer on the thread, but only if you answer before the next question is posted. Please include the question number when you give your answer.

1. Describe your "style" of scrapbooking, and why you would describe it that way.
2. What is your family's favorite meal to make and eat at home?
3. What new (to you) scrapping technique would would you like to master?

Edited by justLyn on 11-17-13 01:08 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ScrappinTraveler
Expert
ScrappinTraveler
In response to justLyn

I'm playing again! 10 layouts for me. . .which will be really hard because we're getting close to the holidays! I'll put the check in the mail! :-).

julie101
Idol
julie101
In response to ScrappinTraveler

Ok Im in going for 30 layout I have a retreat on the 8th so surely I'll get something in

I can help with a weekly challenges

Ill pay tomorrow

justLyn
Governor
justLyn
In response to julie101

Welcome back, Marty and Julie!

Diva
In response to justLyn

Hi everyone, I'll do 15 this time and sending check.

Lyn, Are we ending weekly challenges on Wednesday nights? I can finish through Sunday night 11.3 and then week 2 can start on Monday. It will be long days at the office through Thanksgiving with our move that week.

Teresakay
Diva
Teresakay
In response to boricuapr

I am in this month put me down for 10 I finally scrapped a page I'll pay soon .

justLyn
Governor
justLyn
In response to boricuapr

• boricuapr Said:
Hi everyone, I'll do 15 this time and sending check.

Lyn, Are we ending weekly challenges on Wednesday nights? I can finish through Sunday night 11.3 and then week 2 can start on Monday. It will be long days at the office through Thanksgiving with our move that week.

Glad to have you again!

We all start out with a fresh slate on the first of the month, so new weekly and a new monthly. I'll be happy to put you down for that "week" of challenges if you'd like.

justLyn
Governor
justLyn
In response to justLyn

Yay, Teresa! Glad you found your mojo!

justLyn
Governor
justLyn
In response to justLyn

Good morning and Happy November!

Nov 1 Daily - part 1: set up your signature for November 100 points
part 2: We have a tradition in our family - you are not allowed to buy anything for yourself from November 1 through Christmas. So go to your wish list, clean out all the discontinued items, and add 5 or more items to it. Share those items here with us for 150 points.

And here we go with our first "something new" question: 1. Describe your "style" of scrapbooking, and tell us why you would describe it that way. 200 points
Remember, this question is only answerable (for points) until the next question is posted in a few days.

I'll be back shortly with the weekly and monthly.

Edited by justLyn on 11-01-13 07:10 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

justLyn
Governor
justLyn
In response to justLyn

Also, the point list is up. I had hoped to have to all updated, but that just didn't happen in time. Now that I am feeling human again (and my family is really happy I'm not growling like a bear any more ) I will have it for next month. Any suggestions?

Diva
In response to justLyn

I'll finish day 2-3 dailies and wk 1 weekly.

Edited by boricuapr on 11-01-13 11:58 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Diva
In response to justLyn

Bonus Question 1 - I consider myself a Storyteller. I scrap to document our family's history and share the emotion of discovering new facts. I want to make sure my "props" fit the era and the story. I like to add a bit of humor in my journaling because we all remember the FUNNY stories. I keep my pages fairly simple to remind us to keep our feet on the ground and focus on the event, making it easier to imagine you were there too.

Diva
In response to boricuapr

Week 1 photos 100 each: Your favorite things - something that is your favorite color (i.e. blue sky); favorite hot beverage; favorite scrap paper; favorite book

Week 1 challenge 500 points - Random Act of Kindness

I LOVE reading the backstory of gallery uploads. It's so amazing what you can learn by just browsing. I have to pinch myself when I encounter a first degree of connectivity just because of one click on an upload! I consider these to be the best form of Random Acts of Kindness!

Go to any page in the gallery and select the item that touches you the most. Go to that person's gallery or profile and find your connection. This can be the same name, same location (state, country, etc), fact (hobby, kids, work), similar lo or theme, same vacation destination, I think you get the idea. Post info about your Act on this thread.

BONUS 1000 points - Scrap it - journaling, pics, memorabilia, whatever!

Diva
In response to boricuapr

My wish list (155):

Sizzix - Accessory - Magnetic Platform for Wafer-Thin Dies

Silhouette Cameo - Electronic Cutting System

We R Memory Keepers - 360 Crafter's Bag

Spellbinders - Donna Salazar - Grand Shapeabilities Collection - Die Cutting and Embossing Templates - Wonderful Wings

ScrapRack - TravelPack Storage Tote - Blueberry and Sky

I did delete some of the discontinued items that I have since found, but there are still a few items I desperately want to find.

Edited by boricuapr on 11-01-13 03:57 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Page 1 of 8 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics