Page 1 of 20 
Username Post: November Photo Fun        (Topic#1591893)
desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

WELCOME TO NOVEMBER 2013 PHOTO FUN

Through this group I've made some wonderful friends and enjoy meeting new friends in our group each and every month. If you are joining for the first time this month, you're in for a treat - what a FABULOUS group of caring/sharing women. Welcome everyone!

Lots of us have cameras we use now and again for a snapshot or two. Some of us have new cameras itching to be put to use and get more familiar with. Sound like FUN?! It IS!!!! Get your camera out and USE it. Just take pictures, share pictures, and stretch your camera use beyond where it is today. We all love photos -and photos are the heart and soul of our scrapbooks. Let's take GREAT photos - Experiment. Try different lighting, try "on location" shoots -even if that means taking an orange outside and taking it's photo on the lawn.

RULES:

1- Take 10 photo's throughout the month. These can be of what ever you choose. You may post them at any time (just try not to post all at once). Please link them to your gallery for easy access for comments.

2 - NO STRESS - if you aren't having fun it's not worth doing

3 - Comments - We all LOVE comments on our photos so please make an effort to visit/comment as possible, but ---
SEE RULE 1 - NO STRESS. If you don't have time to comment on photos (or can only comment on some) that's FINE!

4 - MISSING PHOTOS - SO WHAT? See rule 1 - NO STRESS. Life gets in the way - it happens to all of us. Post your photos when you can - See RULE 1 - NO STRESS

Just join in and SHARE!!!

How to upload a photo
1.Go to your gallery. Top right you will see Add Projects.
2. Choose File and Upload. If you upload more than 1 file you can categorize them in "Same" or "Seperate" Projects.
3. Select Image Type.
4. Add Title and Description to your photo. You have the option to categorize also. If you keep your photos somewhere specific be sure to add them to the appropriate album. Make sure to "SAVE" your changes if you add them to an album. The SAVE button is at the bottom of the pop up box, you'll probably have to scroll down to see it.
5. If you choose to submit an image for our end of month contest, please be sure to mark the "ALLOW EMBEDDING"
6. Click Submit. Your photo will now be in your gallery.

How to add a clickable image to your post.
1. Pull up the image you wish to share in your gallery.
2. To the right of your photo and around the bottom part of your image you will see EMBED. Click that.
3. When the box comes up mark the IMG Code. Here you can also choose the size of the image you want to add to the thread. Click on the code box..it will turn purple. Right click on it to copy.
4. Next, go to the thread where you want to post your image. Click in the text space and paste your code with a right click of your mouse.
5. TaDa!!! You did it!

End Of Month Photo Contest

We will be having an end of month photo contest each month. You may submit 1 photo YOU have personally taken. PM me with it by the date requested to be entered in our POLL. Oh, make sure you have the "Allow Public Embedding" checked so I may post it in the poll. We will have one winner per month unless there is a tie. If you are the monthly winner PM me your address. I will be looting my personal scrapbook stash to share with you to help keep my cost down. You might find an extra surprise in there too! Just so it's fair to all our players...please make sure if you submit a photo for the contest you have completed all 10 photo's for the month and YOU have personally taken them during the current month. The mini challenge photo's are not required, simply for fun. You can however, submit one of your challenge photo's (mini's) to the contest.

**End of Month photo contest entry deadline: November 28th by 6pm EST (I will post poll the evening of the 28th)

GO & HAVE FUN!!

Challenges you want, challenges you get-these are just for fun - no obligation! Use these 10 prompts to inspire your photos in any way you see fit. There are no right or wrong ideas.

November Minis:

1 - T is for...
2 - You stuffed it where?
3 -A memory
4 -
5 - Family Tradition
6 - Play
7 - Found
8 -
9 -All wrapped up
10 -

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to desilu3131

rockmom
Governor
rockmom

Thanks Lori.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

I'm first!!!!! Yahooooooo!!!!!z

Darn, Denise beat me by a lousy minute!!!!! Maybe next month! There is a prize for being first, right?

Edited by Linnny on 10-30-13 10:23 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

lgtaylor100
Diva
lgtaylor100
In response to Linnny

I'm in.

Lynnr

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to lgtaylor100

I'm back...

nanasan
Diva
nanasan
In response to KristaDee

I am here....thanks Lori!

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun
In response to nanasan

Lori I just read about your mom, I am thinking of her. I'm glad the surgery is just a couple of days away. How's is your cousin's child doing? Oh my I am so sorry for the pain your family is going through.

Lynne I hope you are feeling better soon. Chemo is really tough, I'm sure you are tougher though.

Carolyn, how are you feeling?

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to MissaOnTheRun

Missa....I haven't heard anything else on my cousin. They are about 2 hours away. I get info through FB or my Aunt.
I haven't tried calling my mom yet. I don't want to bug, just want them both to rest if they can.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Congrats Lynne.....October's fav pic!

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

I am here!

Feeling some better. The rain has come and I think that was what my body was predicting. Still not feeling like doing a whole lot. Look at things I need to do, shrug and say "whatever" and sit back down.
It will get done eventually!

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to 2xblessed

Only 4 minis this month, Lori?

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to 2xblessed

Carolyn.....I posted on the October thread and forgot to here.....throw out any mini ideas. I had a few thought of when I posted but not all. As I get them I'll put them up on the first page. I might even slide a few more in when I come up with them.

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859

I'm here again and hoping to do better this month.

Lori, prayers for your family.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to Heather4859

JCI

I've been painting and cutting and nailing.... working on 3 "around the house" projects at once. Tomorrow will be trim painting, and some gluing and tiling.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

Thanks Heather!

I talked to my mom just a few minutes ago...she called me. She doesn't remember riding home. She had just gotten up and was in good spirits. She is more than ready to have the surgery "she didn't want". It's the most evasive one. She has to call tomorrow to see if they can squeeze her in. Right now the Dr put her on clonipin (sp) along with the 2 other meds she is taking for it. So far, so good! I offered to go down to her house tomorrow but she is good. Her neighbor is helping out with her animals and what not. When she does have the surgery she will be in ICU for 2 days.

I'm heading to bed to read...still reading Eragon...I'm loving it!

Tomorrow's weather...like hurricane season so they say! JOY! My hair will not approve!

Nighty-O all!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

Lynne congrats on the photo win!

Lori - sure hope your Mom can get into surgery asap. Can't imagine trying to live with all that pain.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

Morning!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

I found out last night some interesting info. My youngest sister (my dads DD) texted me to see how my mom was doing, she's an EMT. She was off work forever due to a back injury and babysat (still does) for a DR. Guess who this DR is? He is head of the ER where my mom was shoved out!! Being an EMT my sister said they are not supposed to refuse anyone and she will be talking to him about where we can direct our complaints too, might even be him. My sister is the queen of sending in complaints (one that was with my mom the other night)....she will be ON it!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

Good morning!!!!!

Lynne, congrats!!!! Wishing you a good day too!!!!

Lori, I'm the letter writer in my family whenever something doesn't go as it should. Hope your sister gets some response! More importantly, I hope the ER realizes their mistake!!!!!!

Hope your mom is doing better today!

It is overcast here ... hope rain doesn't spoil the kiddos treat or treating! My neighborhood has changed a lot int he past few years. There was a time we would get a few trick or treaters....now, it's like a never ending parade and I have the best seat in town!

Page 1 of 20 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics