Username Post: What do you do with...        (Topic#1591947)
Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-31-13 02:44 PM

I'm just curious what everyone does with envelopes that you've messed up the address on. Do you just cross out the error? Do you cover it up with a label? Do you use them for something else? Or just toss them?

I've got several black envelopes I messed up on recently... I can't exactly use white-out and when I tried a white label I didn't like how it looked so I just set them aside and used new ones. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them yet but I was just wondering what everyone else does.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Vae

I use labels.
Crossing them out not only looks messy but may confuse the post office.

Edited by Doreena on 10-31-13 03:37 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Doreena

When I go to crop I use ruined envelopes to put tiny letters or embellies in (since I make my Cricut letters in advance) and put them in the file with other pieces for a layout. Then I use the envelopes over and over.

Also, I take checks to the bank somewhat frequently to put in night deposit and I don't have any of their envelopes so I use one I've messed up, just cross it off and its fine for putting in the night deposit.

merreena
Veteran
merreena
In response to Henri Jean

Craft wise :
You can use it to keep random cut outs / scraps that are still useable. Perhaps stuff like die cuts.

Use those envies as part of your layout embellishments.

Make some kind of envelope art. Paint the whole thing. Mist. All that stuff.

If you collected a few, it's okay if they are not the same sizes, you can make an envelope mini album. A lot of tutorials out there in youtube.

Home wise.

You can still cover the whole thing with a plain paper and re-use them.

Keep it for receipts to keep track of your finances.

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury
In response to merreena

Why not make an envelope mini album?

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to GwynnAsbury

When I made my DD's grad announcements I used black envies and made my address labels from gold vellum that I ran through my Xyron. Looked awesome.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to NMlady

How about creating a matted label die-cut and sticking it on? On a black envelope, you could use black (if you had more of the exact same shade) on gold then write in gold. Or mat another dark colour with gold and stick that on.

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to RedSquirrel UK

ii cover mine up with a piece of scrap paper and then writemthe addy on a new label. That way it looks artsy and fun.

Frau_Cooney
Guru
Frau_Cooney
In response to cescrapper

Yes, craft-wise, cover it with an embellishment and use it for a card that is not going to be mailed.

Or, because it is black, maybe try what I do with my shoes when I don't have black polish available - cover it with black sharpie marker. :-)

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 11-02-13 09:15 AM
In response to Frau_Cooney

Thanks everyone! I love hearing the different things that everyone comes up with. These are fun ideas! I have to admit, I never thought of the sharpie for envies... I'll have to give that a try!

crystalmorse
Guru
crystalmorse
In response to Vae

Google envelope mini album. They are really cute and easy to make.
  • Vae Said:
I'm just curious what everyone does with envelopes that you've messed up the address on. Do you just cross out the error? Do you cover it up with a label? Do you use them for something else? Or just toss them?

I've got several black envelopes I messed up on recently... I can't exactly use white-out and when I tried a white label I didn't like how it looked so I just set them aside and used new ones. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them yet but I was just wondering what everyone else does.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to crystalmorse

I usually throw them away but I hate to do that. There are some good ideas here.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics