Username Post: December Daily albums        (Topic#1592009)
JenKoss
Veteran
JenKoss

I've decided this year that I want to do a December Daily album, but I'm having trouble deciding on a size. For those of you that have done one of these in the past, what size album do you like to use, and do you use a "pre-made" album like a post-bound one or do create and bind yourself? TIA for your feedback!

bonprof
Mayor
bonprof
In response to JenKoss

What is a Dec daily album? Is it like project life?

JenKoss
Veteran
JenKoss
In response to bonprof

It's a scrapbook where you do one page or spread for each day of December. I've been wanting to do one for a few years but until now I've never been organized enough to do it.

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to JenKoss

i did one last year of just photos. When i think back on it it was quite uninspiring

I want to do one this year but i keep going back and forth about buying one already made and just add phtotos or do one on my own and buy the embellishments

it it quite a quandry lol

bonprof
Mayor
bonprof
In response to cescrapper

Does anyone have a page from their Dec daily they could post/share?

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to bonprof

I did December Daily last year. I used a premade 3-ring 8x8 binder. I found that that was plenty big enough for the DD.

I always do an advent Calender for my son so I put some prompts in each day of the Advent Calender.....things like, bake cookies for a neighbour, donate old toys to a charity, take a drive to look at Christmas lights, watch a Christmas movie etc....a mixture of fun stuff and charity/giving things.
Then of course, I took photos of all the things we were doing for my DD.

I found that it really helped us get in the Christmas spirit, think of others and have something to look forward to each day!
I'm glad I did it but it IS a lot of work and I'm not doing one this year....maybe I'll do one every few years or something?

Anyway, have fun with yours!

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to kiyawinn

Oh, and if you want some examples of DD....just google it....there are a ton of images and some blogs that show them off.
Probably a ton of images on Pinterest too!
Ali Edwards does it every year and is quite famous for one of the starters of this....check out her website.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to kiyawinn

We don't really celebrate Christmas anymore but I googled December Daily and fell in love with Traci Reed's December daily from 2012.

It is a 6x6 and you could use your stash. I just loved it.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to corrie fan

I've done December Dailies for the past two Christmases (and I'll probably do one this year too...I give them to my mom as Christmas gifts). I usually use a post bound album and do a picture on one side and journaling on the opposite page. Last year, I did everything from the perspective of a toy elf named Thorongil. I have pages from my album in my gallery on here.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to DNA301

honestly, if you ask me, I think December is hectic enough without the pressure of taking photos every day and making an album!! I admire those who carve out the time and effort not only to make one, but to make one every year!!!
if I were ever to make one, I'd do a 8*8 or 6*6, or one of the journal style ring binders - like Basic Grey or Simple Stories 6*8 (7*9). American Crafts has a 6*6 D-ring album I think..

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to DNA301

Here are links to my December Daily albums ... each post explains my album and process. Both were 8x8 and I did my own thing (not a kit) ...

December Daily 2011
December Daily 2012

I'm happy to answer any questions you have, too! If I could share any advice, it would be to just have fun with it and make it your own!

Debby Lewis
Expert
Debby Lewis
In response to JenKoss

I've created an album and I've used a 3 ring binder. I do mine a little different. Usually, I have one page that is really scrapped and then the opposite page has other photos, journaling, or cards. This year I'm using Simple Stories binders and page protectors. Key to make this work is to design your album in November and then December will not be as hard. I love going back and looking at my books. Good luck and I hope you have fun.
(the photo is like mine except I bought red.) Here is the cover of one of my albums past. http://debbysdares.blogspot.com/2011/11/finally-finis he...

Edited by Debby Lewis on 11-06-13 03:08 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Isbaha
Isbaha 
Veteran
Isbaha
In response to Debby Lewis

This year, I made my own kit (inspired by a real one) and even made my own structure for the album !

You don't really HAVE TO document EACH day, your december daily will be what you want it to be. I like to plan it before, and then, just throw on it some notes, and add my photos later in january (or... later !).

Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg
In response to Isbaha

Last year I was going to attempt this project but then decided to use the kit to scrap all of our christmas's from 2004-2012 in the one book. This year I decided to start the "new Christmas book" which will house 2013-2019. I like having all of our Christmas's in one book (or now 2 books!) and at Christmas each year I will put the book(s) on the coffee table for all to enjoy during Dec. So much less pressure than trying to document just one December. We also don't do alot of "festive" things all through Dec so doing a special book for just one Dec seemed like it would be a duplication of our project life books.

JenKoss
Veteran
JenKoss
In response to Shutterbugg

Thank you all SO much for sharing your ideas! I've got lots of ideas of things to try, and I can't wait to get started! We don't usually do a lot of festive things in our family, but we do do a lot of things that are wrapped in tradition, so my album is going to document a lot of those, along with some of my favourite Christmas memories. And there are some things that I know I'll be doing, like the office Christmas party, the Sunday School Christmas concert and Christmas baking that will be documented too. I'm planning on doing as much of the work now as I can, so that it will be less time-consuming in December.

Veteran
In response to JenKoss

These are truly some great ideas. I just can't find anything that I really, really want to scrap right now, so I think I will start on my album. That way, all I will have to do is add pictures and journaling. I know pretty much what will happen in Dec., so I sort of know what kinds of pages to make. I also like the idea of starting with Thanksgiving.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics