Username Post: Answer to the Santa Head Sizzix Die        (Topic#1592095)
GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury

Hi Newbie2013 - your subject line was too long to post a reply in your thread....... here is my reply

The dotted lines show where you have to cut with scissors and then reassemble. It is a first generation paper piecing die. So you will run it with paper for all the different pieces say white for the beard, red for the hat, pink for the nose, etc. Cut it apart and then paper piece it together. Does that make sense? Do not worry about it being a stupid question, it took me nearly 10 years of scrapbooking to figure out on my own......

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to GwynnAsbury

I had the same problem replying, I'll post my reply here:

Many of the older dies have dotted lines for the detail - it's only in the past few years that their dies have become more paper-piecing oriented.

With some of my dies in this style, like the yellow Camera die, I just leave the dotted parts the way they are. With stuff like the green Open Book die or the yellow Chili Pepper die, I just cut several and then piece the different colors together, or use paints or markers to color the different sections. On the red Pocket die, like a blue jean pocket, the dotted lines give it a stitched look (or you could actually use them as stitching guides for actual thread).

I don't let it bother me that much, and it's one of many reasons I thoroughly research a die before purchasing. There's no harm in asking an eBay seller to provide a picture of a sample from the die.

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to aquabunny

I edited her subject....

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury
In response to Megan - ForumTech

Hahaha, thanks Megan!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics