Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Don't you just HATE when...        (Topic#1592099)
Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato

Don't you just HATE when...you come out and find your newly washed car being completely drowned by a water sprinkler system. And you know there will be spots.

What's your vent?

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Gelidy Gelato

"I hate it when I tell people to shut up and they don't!"
LOL!
JK
That's a line from the Drew Carey Show.

I know I there are things I hate but for the life of me I cannot think of anything right now!

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to Doreena

Stoplights!

If I'm on my way early, every single light is green and I end up being unreasonably early to my destination.

If I'm running a couple of minutes behind when I leave the house, every single light turns red as I approach it and I end up being VERY late to my destination.

If I leave right on time, I hit all the reds if it's very important that I am exactly on time or a little early...and I end up being late. I hit all the greens and arrive too early, if I'm going somewhere where it looks odd for me to arrive early...like picking my husband up from work.

If it's really unimportant what time I arrive (like going to the grocery store), I usually end up with the "expected mix" of red lights and green lights.

Never, ever fails!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to justowen

A scrapbooking one - I hate it when I'm doing a layout which is several pages (usually a travel destination and I want to tie the pages together) and I'm one sheet of patterned paper short and it is something I've had in my stash for a long time.

I hate it when someone with more than 10 things gets in the express line ahead of me at the grocery store.

I hate it when friends and family are inconsiderate and call late at night just to chat. People in Bill's family will call just to talk at midnight! Bill will say, "It's probably just my brother" and let it ring but it wakes us up and it is annoying.

Screaming babies on airplanes!

Messy or dirty public bathrooms! Gross!

Uncontrolled kids in restaurants. Any restaurant - even McDonalds. Why don't people control their kids and teach them manners? If their kids can't behave at the cheap places how are they going to know how to act at nice places?

Good thread - I'll think of more I'm sure!

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to Henri Jean

and... don't you just hate when you find that perfect embellishment you bought for a particular layout, weeks after you finished the layout and now it won't fit.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Yes! And that has happened too many times!

Or I find really cool papers and embellies and diecuts for a country I've already scrapped and probably won't go back. If I think I may go back then I buy them.

AmyWho
AmyWho 
Mayor
AmyWho

I hate when I'm waiting for pedestrians to cross the street and they're too busy looking at their phone to just walk.

People who don't care if they or their kids bang your car with their door or shopping cart.

When you use the bathroom at someone's house, you wash your hands only to find there is nothing there to dry them on. That means they're not washing theirs!

When you wash your jeans and those pockets take FOREVER to dry.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to AmyWho

Oh dear... where do I start? I pretty much hate everything.

I hate when people wait until they are at the door at Costco to get out their membership card.

and...

then they step just beyond the doorway, and STOP, blocking everyone behind them.

My rule for entering Costco:
1. Have your card out when you get to the door
2. After you show your card, KEEP MOVING, or step out of the way!!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Bxr-Linda

I hate it when we are at monuments and statues trying to get a nice picture and someone puts themselves in the photo and will not move.

I don't mind someone getting in front of the statue or fountain for a picture - but take your picture and move on!

Today at the Lincoln Memorial I wanted a good picture with no one in it. Got in front of it and someone stepped right in front of me and someone else stepped in front of the monument. I have no problem with that.

But I hate it when when they continue to stand there and block good access for everyone else while they check their pictures for 5 minutes and then take another and then go back and check them again while continuing to block so no one else can get a clear shot.

That happened over and over today - people took their pictures and then walked over to the person posing in front of the Lincoln Memorial and reviewed the pictures while everyone else stood around waiting for them to move.

Take your pictures and then get out of the way to review them!

Mercy4Free
Diva
Mercy4Free

going back to the original post....um...the sprinkler or rain hitting my car is what I call washing it! LOL. Truth...

I hate it when I JUST had the scissors or tape (when wrapping present, scrapping or whatever) and for whatever reason it has now disappeared as I'm holding whatever needs to be taped....

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to Mercy4Free

when i tell my neighbor for the one millioneth time no you can't shovel a path down my property so your family can get into their cars.

lifethroughalens
Veteran
lifethroughalens
In response to cescrapper

1. When the neighbor lets his dog ******** in my yard.
2. When the waiter/waitress takes my order, repeats it back to me and it still comes out wrong.
3. When someone pulls out in front of me and pokes around or hits their brakes.
4. When you hold the door for someone and they can't even say "Thanks".
I am sure more will come to mind.
Enjoy reading everyone else response.

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to lifethroughalens

Don't you just hate when that perfect Christmas Gift, that took you for ever to find, is not in your bag when you get home!
at least the store didn't charge me for it.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale

I don't like attending a theater event and there are people who will not turn off their cell. There is always an announcement at the beginning to remind people to do this.

AmyWho
AmyWho 
Mayor
AmyWho
In response to pinkpaperairedale

Your shirt is buttoned wrong all day and nobody tells you.

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to AmyWho

• AmyWho Said:
Your shirt is buttoned wrong all day and nobody tells you.

One time I wore 2 different shoes to work. Same exact shoe just in 2 different colors. I keep going into the bathroom and soaking the lighter shoe in the sink so it would look darker. I was convinced everyone must have noticed but no one said anything. Not even about my squeaky wet shoe when I walked by.

AmyWho
AmyWho 
Mayor
AmyWho

LOL, I've done that too! Two of the same tennis shoes, one pink and grey and the other yellow and grey. Since they were the same, they felt the same. Nobody told me either. I noticed in the afternoon.

How funny! I am imagining a squeak squeak squish with every step.

Mercy4Free
Diva
Mercy4Free
In response to AmyWho

I wore an outfit to my friend's baby shower that matched two pairs of my shoes. Unfortunately, those two pairs of shoes ended up next to each other on the floor. It wasn't until AFTER the baby shower was over and we were all getting ready to go that a lady at church asked why I was wearing two different shoes! (Had to go to Walmart afterward and hated having to wear them in like that!)

Mercy4Free
Diva
Mercy4Free

don't you just hate it when your arm/hand goes to sleep while on the computer...you just get it woke up again and it goes back to sleep?

AmyWho
AmyWho 
Mayor
AmyWho

Yes. Also, when the phone rings and wakes you up. You grab the phone to answer it before you realize that your hand is asleep and end up accidentally tossing it across the room.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics