Username Post: adoption        (Topic#1592101)
southern lady
Mayor
southern lady

I was wondering if anyone done adoption? I am look into it but we haven't even start it yet. I want a baby so bad

NMscrapper
Mayor
NMscrapper
In response to southern lady

I think that's a wonderful idea! I imagine it has been done, so you're probably going to get lots of great ideas. You said you haven't started the process yet, but it seems this would be the time to begin your album with your hopes and dreams for a baby. You might document the whole process from the beginning and end with your precious bundle of joy! I hope you will keep us here at sb.com posted on your progress. Best of luck!

southern lady
Mayor
southern lady
In response to NMscrapper

well we where going to foster but there was something in my husband back ground. he got that fix but then we move to a different state. we read some adoption books. I was watch the today show Thursday and they had adoption on there show made me cry seen I

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12

i know someone that is in the middle of the process for a child from china. it takes a while so start now. they are using an agency in Colorado.

southern lady
Mayor
southern lady
In response to Lamoo12

yea I know it takes awhile. but I am hope we can soon maybe after we get everything like a house and other stuff. but I want a kid soon

Unique scrapper
Veteran
Unique scrapper

I have 3. My oldest is actually from my DH first marriage, his first wife died when my DS was 2 and when we married a year later, I adopted him. My middle child is also a son and was born in Tennessee. We did a private adoption where we met with an attorney and then placed an ad in several newspapers. I was extremely lucky that I placed the ad on a Monday morning and got the call from the birth mother the next afternoon and my son was born a month later. My last child is now 19 and we tried an agency in Georgia because I wanted a girl and the agency allowed you to choose the sex of the baby. Turns out that someone that I met around the same time as my son was born called me the night my DD was born and told me about this girl child that was born that morning (one week before Christmas) and the birth mother was looking for a good home. Seems that she was babysitting for her boss (nobody knew that she was pregnant and she never had pre-natal care) and went into labor and the boss just happened to be a neighbor of a woman who had adopted and belonged to a group of moms who had or were waiting to adopt and they kept calling people from this group until they got to the woman who informed me and BINGO! My Family and I picked her up that night and brought her home. Just meant to be. Anyway, adoption can cost a lot of $$ and can sometime be a heart wrenching experience. Believe me, I only told you the good parts of my story, but if you are lucky (personally, I believe in karma) and if things work out the reward is awesome. PM me if you need a sounding board but be aware that my info and experience is 19 years old.

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to Unique scrapper

My granddaughter will be two in a couple days, she was adopted. It was an open adoption and happened in OH. I don't know all the process my dd went through, but it wasn't too long. She made a digital scrapbook about herself and her dh and their thoughts on children and adopting. It does take a lot of money. We adopted my dd granddaughter, it was a little costly but not that bad. You do get great tax benefits from adoption though, so you get a portion return that way. If you are interested in anymore info pm me. Upside, when the baby was 3 months old my dd got pregnant, so we now have two one year and 3 weeks apart.

southern lady
Mayor
southern lady
In response to Sassy Suzi

well I don't know now when we are going to look in to it seen we move to another state and don't have a house here yet. I want to have a baby soon before I get to old

JediScrapToo
Diva
JediScrapToo

I adopted my son when he was 2 days old and he's now 3! Each state has different rules and regulations. Ours was thru a state "approved" private agency (if that makes any sense). Sometimes domestic adoptions do not take long. In fact, ours was really fast! We found out we couldn't have kids April 2010, started the adoption process with the agency in August 2010, finished home study Oct 2010, Were picked two weeks later by birth parents (Nov 2), met them Nov 16, our son was born Dec 15, and brought home Dec 17! Basically, we found out we couldn't have kids when she was finding out she was pregnant! The track record for our agency is VERY FAST! Of all the people in our group (10 couples) ALL were placed within 7 months, ours was the first.

International will take longer and you have to really pay attention to the different rules/regulations specific to that country.

We had to put together a birth mother book, which is how the birth parents chose from our group of waiting parents. Have a look! It's a digi scrapbook:
http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=gallerie...

southern lady
Mayor
southern lady
In response to JediScrapToo

that a really nice album. I am hope we we get everything we will start I read books just don't know where to start

caliscrapper
Expert
caliscrapper

Hi!!! My son is adopted. Our journey was quite long. We started with the foster to adopt program but in the end we were successful with private in state adoption.

I'm not sure if you want to hear our story as it is a little sad. I would be happy to answer any questions you may have.

My one word advice that I give to EVERYONE going through the risk adopt program (foster to adopt) is when they ask what your dream child would be give them the EXACT same answer as all the other questions regarding the type of child your willing to adopt. We were willing to adopt up to 2 years old a boy or girl with a huge range of ethnicity and medical/pre-natal issues..then they asked us if they could hand pick a child for us what would we like...my husband said a girl up to 6 months. We found out after switching to private adoption that the risk adopt program was only willing to look at us for girls 6 months or younger rather than what we were willing to take.

southern lady
Mayor
southern lady
In response to caliscrapper

I would love to adopt a baby girl or a boy. I love babys

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics