Username Post: Beware of shopping with Papertrey Ink        (Topic#1592115)
rachipohli
New Kid On the Block
rachipohli

I just wanted to share my experience here that I have recently had with Papertrey Ink's customer service. I know that many crafters here on Scrapbook.com's forums may be familiar with Papertrey and/or have shopped with them, and I feel like it is important that any customers or potential customers of Papertrey be aware of their absolutely terrible customer service practices.

I posted the story of my recent experience on my blog, along with a transcript of the final response that I received from Julie Heskamp, one of Papertrey's owners. Here is the link to my blog post. Feel free to share it with whomever you may think needs to be aware of this company's way of doing business.
http://rachelpcrafts.blogspot.com/2013/11/papertrey-ink ...

Hopefully this knowledge will help you make an informed decision about whether you want to give your business to this company.

Tenant
In response to rachipohli

Rachel, I read the entire ridiculous scenario on your blog, and I am so, so sorry for what that dreadful woman did to you. It is clearly an outrage - just shocking on so many levels; I just can't get over it! What on earth is that woman thinking?! Good heavens; what a fool! How utterly absurd to lose thousands over a mere $16! And what a terrible, condescending person!

I also feel compelled to tell you that I'm truly sorry for the one or two people who responded to your blog and busted YOUR chops. I don't know what on earth that was about, but you handled it like a champ!

You were so clearly in the right; Julie was so clearly in the wrong, and I think you absolutely did the right thing to defend yourself and make public the treatment you received. I am headed to PTI's site now to advise them that they've lost a customer in me, and you can be sure I'll tell them exactly why!

Good for you, Rachel; we've got to stick together on issues like this!

Take good care!
Michelle

Tenant

Rachel, I just googled PTI in an attempt to get their contact info, aand found a slew of similar situations. I haven't read this in its entirety, but read enough that it steamed me, so I thought I'd add it to the collection of horror stories:

http://stephinka.wordpress.com/2012/02/23/papertrey- ink...

Thanks again, Rachel,
Michelle

rachipohli
New Kid On the Block
rachipohli
In response to ChelleKristine

Thank you so much, Michelle, for that great message of support & solidarity! You're absolutely right that we need to stand together, so I immensely appreciate your time in letting them know not only that you will not be a customer but also WHY!

Yes, I do remember Stephinka and how she was one of MANY exceedingly unhappy customers back in early 2012 when the website launched and it was a disaster. I thought that they had ironed out their problems, but now here we are almost two years later, and Julie's behavior is still the same. It truly is a wonder that they are still in business.

I filed a dispute through PayPal to get my $16 back for the plate, and thankfully, they ruled in my favor, so at least I won a little battle on principle!

There are just so many other wonderful companies with great products AND great service, so supporting Papertrey in light of how Julie treats her customers just doesn't seem to make much sense. I know they have great products & designers, but not so great that any customer should have to put up with that kind of treatment.

Thanks again for standing with me on this! You're awesome! Have a good one...

Tenant

Hi again, Rachel!

Just wanted you to know that I did write that email to Julie. I was angry reading what she did to you, to Stephink, and to so many others, but frankly, I felt a little sorry for her, too. She's totally self-sabotaging and I simply do not understand it. I suppose my background in psychology makes me wish that I could! So anyway, I wrote her what I thought was a kind and thoughtful email, and received a scathing one in return. That was about what I'd expected, but part of me had still been hopeful.

Anyway, just wanted you to know! I am absolutely adhering to my promise, even though I'm obsessed just a little bit with PTI's Hexagon Cover Plate! I actually logged on tonight to post in the forum - wondering whether anyone knows of a similar die. But anyway, I figured as long as I was here, I might as well update you (although I'm quite sure that you, too, expected that the tone of her reply to me would not be very nice!)

Take care, Rachel!
Michelle

rachipohli
New Kid On the Block
rachipohli
In response to ChelleKristine

Thanks for the update, Michelle...and for taking the time to write that email! I do think it is important for multiple reasons that she know just how many people will no longer or never be customers because of her attitude. Maybe it might make her think twice about acting like that? I'm starting to doubt that though. I'm curious what it was that she wrote to you...I'm sorry that you dealt with an unpleasant letter, though, as you said, I am not surprised.

Thanks again and Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

PS...I have that Hexagon plate that you want, and would be happy to do some cuts with it and send them to you. Send me a PM and we can work something out.

Edited by rachipohli on 12-26-13 09:09 PM. Reason for edit: PS added...

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics