Username Post: Magazines        (Topic#1592133)
cheercorky8
New Kid On the Block
cheercorky8

Anyone have a favorite magazine? I always pick up the ones at hobby lobby after they go on clearance. I think I need to widen my horizons. Any suggestions?

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza
In response to cheercorky8

My favorites are no longer in circulation! Simple Scrapbook and Scrapbook, Etc. were my all-time favorites. Scrapbook Trends (I think that's the name) is a good one, too.

JenKoss
Veteran
JenKoss
In response to dsouza

I was also a big fan of both Simple Scrapbooks and Scrapbooks Etc. The only ones still available where I am are Creating Keepsakes and Canadian Scrapbooker. I only buy CS occasionally because it's quite spendy and only comes out 4 times a year.

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza
In response to JenKoss

Seems like I heard that Creative Keepsakes is going digital. I think I heard it on this forum. I still really love to hold a magazine in my hands and flip through the pages, so I don't know what I'm going to do now! Thankfully I have kept all the issues I've bought of Simple Scrapbooks and Scrapbook, etc!

southgirl
Veteran
southgirl
In response to dsouza

I loved the Cricut magazine, but they have gone digital.

scrappinmylife
Expert
scrappinmylife
In response to southgirl

I miss Simple Scrapbooking, it was awesome.

Isbaha
Isbaha 
Veteran
Isbaha
In response to scrappinmylife

I suscribe to Let's talk layouts and I love all it, especially the explanations about techniques.

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom
In response to Isbaha

I LOVED Scrapbooks Etc...wish it were still around...maybe someday BH&G will bring it back...I have seen some mags come back...

photonovicescrapper45
New Kid On the Block
photonovicescrapper45
In response to Juansmom

I love the Somerset magazines...Sew Somerset and Somerset Life and Somerset Memories! They come out quarterly i believe. They are just so beautiful and have lots of great projects in them. And I have a hugs weakness for magazines...and books too...refuse to get an e-reader because I would much rather hold the real thing in my hands!

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to photonovicescrapper45

Here's a hint for your magazine storage. Don't store them by year - store them by month. In other words, all of your November magazines together (regardless of year or even name), all your April ones together, etc. That way when you're looking for an idea for a Thanksgiving layout or card, you just grab the stack of October magazines (since the ideas area always in the previous month), etc. Saves a lot of time going through looking for specific ideas.

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza
In response to dwelch

Great idea!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics