Username Post: own cricut and sizzix machines        (Topic#1592141)
nipperbug
Veteran
nipperbug

I just wanted to ask an opinion of everyone. I just recently bought a cricut expression the other day, but I still love my sizzix big kick!!, does anyone out there think it is to much stuff to have to die cut with?

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to nipperbug

Nope...never too much. I have a Cricut, Slice, and a Cuttlebug. Each one serves a different purpose. I am most likely to share the Bug when I go to crops because there is nothing electronic to break. The Slice is so portable that I can cart it to a friends house or another room in the house. Wishing you a lot of fun with all your gadgets.

southgirl
Veteran
southgirl
In response to pinkpaperairedale

Oh gosh! I have the Cricut and the Slice and Big Kick (sizzex) and the original Sizzex too. I use my Sizzex Big Kick for the larger embossing folders and dies. I will turn loose of the Original Sizzex eventualy.

Edited by southgirl on 11-13-13 07:01 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to southgirl

Yeah, this isn't very excessive - they're two very different kinds of tools.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to nipperbug

I only have a Grand Calibur and I am totally fine with that.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to CrimsonMama

Never too many! I love my Big Kick though I generally use it for embossing. I do have several alpha sets that I use with it as well. Plus I own 3 Circuts, the Expression and Create, and then my original baby bug. I keep the smaller one on my desk so it's handy to use and the other are stored on my rolling cart and I grab them when my project involves more than my baby bug will do.

cinderella4282
Expert
cinderella4282
In response to dwelch

I love the big kick for embossing and spellbinders dies.....and the Cricut is just awesome for embellishments and fonts.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to cinderella4282

NEVER too many! I have both the Cricut and the Sizzix Big Shot. Love the both, and use them for different tasks.

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to lcmemories

agreed- NEVER TOO MUCH!!!!!! I have the sizzix big shot original and the cricut exp 2 - LOVE Them both however i sort of regret not getting a silouette cameo!!!???
good luck,
mg

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to mindygail

NO WAY!!! I as of 2012 got gifted a

cricut expression 2
sizzix big shot

now to purchase a binder like the cinch by we r memory keepers!!!! belive it or not i am on a TIGHT BUDGET!

Scrapjanny
Resident
Scrapjanny
In response to mindygail

I have a Cricut Expression, a Cricut Cake Mini($25!), and a Cricut Mini (free) - and an original red-and-white Big Kick. I love them all and would never give up any of them!

KNScrapper
Tenant
KNScrapper
In response to Scrapjanny

I have Cricut, Big Kick and Cuttlebug and shopping...lol.

paperkrafter4life
Tenant
paperkrafter4life
In response to KNScrapper

You can't have too many machines, Each one is so treasured
I have Cricut Expression (more than 1)
Cricut Create
Cricut Expression II (2)
Cuttlebug
Big Shot
Grand Calliber
Accucut Grande Mark (3)
Slice
and use them all.

Edited by paperkrafter4life on 08-26-14 12:50 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

New Kid On the Block
In response to paperkrafter4life

I have the cricut and love it but like everyone has said the sizzix big kick and cricut do are used for different tasks so it is on my list to buy next. So if you can buy them both.

NoirCat
Guru
NoirCat
In response to daxsmom

I would say it depends on the scrapper. I have a sizzix, old red and new big shot express, as well as a quickutz revolution I got at the Goodwill for $20 never used.
I have never purchased an electronic cutter as I have found no constant need for one. I just buy what I need cut from others. Friends and stores.
But my philosophy is if it makes you happy it can't be all bad.
Don't sweat it and have fun.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics