Username Post: Project Life Baby question        (Topic#1592239)
Amarilys
Diva
Amarilys

So, I'm 4 months pregnant and expecting my first baby boy next April. Some years back I did Project 365 (picture a day with journaling each day) and wanted to do it for my baby's first year to document everything fast and easy. My scrappy style is very different from the project life/project 365 style so I'm a bit hesitant about how to do it.

Any tips/tricks/advice is greatly appreciated!
Also, if you know of someone doing this, could you point me to their page or blog? Thanks!

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to Amarilys

I don't have any ideas but just wanted to say congratulations.

Amarilys
Diva
Amarilys
In response to andrea m

Hey Andrea, thank you!

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Amarilys

Congratulations!
There are PL baby boy cards.....
You can also pick a baby boy paper line that you like and make your own cards, purchase the divided page protectors and an album.
I'm actually re-doing my son's baby album and I'm using Studio Calico's line 'storytime'....I love it! (they don't have it here so I can't link it)

Amarilys
Diva
Amarilys
In response to kiyawinn

thank you for the suggestions! Love those simple story cards!

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to Amarilys

congrats on the baby!
I've never done PL but every time I look at the pages, I think that it would be perfect for a baby book!
My baby books are all 200+ photos , that's approx. 15 photos per month.. with the babies, you want to document often, because they grow so fast, but it's also all about a routine, set schedule.. so one day is mostly like every other day.. feed, poop, snooze, feed, go for a walk, feed, poop, snooze. crying jag. visit to a doctor. stomach aches. feed, poop, snooze.
Anyway, it may get boring. So my advice would be to relax and plan for maybe one page per week or per two weeks, not limit yourself to one photo per day. It gives you more room to document the good points, new foods, exciting events, but doesn't get too repetitive and strict. And keep a memo book (on your phone or paper) to write down what you think or what happened so if you don't have time to put it into a PL right away, you have the notes to fall back onto..

Amarilys
Diva
Amarilys
In response to OlesyaK.

thanks Olesya for the tips! I was thinking of getting some sort of planner so I can jot down notes right away when I have to.

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to Amarilys

my suggestion would be "think of the easiest and fastest way you can streamline the whole process" And then follow the same routine.

Example
take photo with camera phone, immediately look at it and print it out, album next to printer immediately place photo in album & add some quick journaling. Once a week review the week's entries and adjust accordingly.

Take photo, BOOM it's in book (or it's in book by the end of the day). Don't let things pile up, because once they pile up they get put off and once they get put off they become overwhelming.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics