Username Post: plz help        (Topic#1592261)
MsTina 
New Kid On the Block

Im look'n 4 affordable storage for my small space(my room).i am bed ridden and hav very limited space n no ideas
Plz Help

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to MsTina

I'm not familiar with that tote, but I have a different tote I use for storage. I like it because I can also take it to crops. If I were cropping only at home, however, I would opt for the clear sterlite drawers. I have some and I love them. I can easily see what's in them and they are inexpensive.

Tenant
In response to MsTina

Ms. Tina,

First, I am SO SORRY for your situation. I understand. I, too, am bedridden, but only about 20 - 22 hours a day, not ALL the time. When my energy level is up, I can usually do my cardmaking at a table in another room. It is incredibly difficult to work from bed. I'm sure you have a bed tray for crafting, right? For eating your meals, etc.? Those trays are invaluable, I think.

As for organization, it might help if I better understood your particular circumstances. Are you looking for a tote that you can keep on the floor next to the bed? One that you can pull up into bed with you? I've never had occasion to purchase a tote since I don't do crops and the like, so unfortunately, if that's what you're looking for, I'm not one who can advise you.

One thing that might work for you, though, is one of those relatively inexpensive drawer systems on wheels. I have a little white cart by IRIS USA called the 6-Case Craft Storage System. It's designed to hold 12" x 12" paper and other supplies in clear, snap-lid protective boxes. There are 6 lidded boxes in the cart, and the top of the cart has dividers so that you can stash your most-used supplies on top. That might be just the thing for you! Seems like it would be pretty easy to roll it right up to your bed, and you'd have tons of materials at your disposal. I think you'd be able to reach each of the cases, even the bottom one, from your bed.

I just found it at organize.com and it sells for just $60, which is a pretty awesome price for what you get. Organize.com calls it the The Project Table Chest with 6 Removable Cases. They also sell one for $53, and the only difference is that the bins are drawers, not snap-lid cases. That one is called The Scrapbook Chest with 6 Removable Drawers. The one major advantage of the snap-lid cases over the drawers is that they'd provide you with a decent working surface (if you don't already have a bed tray). I mean, I wouldn't try to set an eyelet on one, but you could definitely do most of your scrapbooking or cardmaking on top of one of them.

If you go to organize.com, rather than typing IRIS USA into the search box, scroll down toward the bottom where it says "Shop by Brand." (This pulls up bigger photos of their items than if you used the search box.) IRIS actually has tons of products that might work for you. The only drawback to purchasing it from organize.com is the shipping fee. I used their estimate calculator to see what it would cost to ship to Atlanta (saw you're in Georgia) and the estimate was $20.45. Ouch! I know that Joann's sells IRIS products, so you might be able to have a family member track it down for you locally. In that case, just remember that it's official name, per IRIS, is the 6-Case Craft Storage System. (Not sure why organize.com renamed it; makes it confusing.)

Anyway, I REALLY hope this helps you! I really think it might just be a near-perfect solution to your dilemma.

Ms. Tina, I sure do hope your circumstances improve. Until then, though, I hope that my suggestion will make it a little easier for you to still participate in an activity that you enjoy.

My very best wishes,
Michelle

Tenant
In response to MsTina

Ms. Tina, I was just trying to find a coupon code for you online, and it occurred to me that Black Friday and Cyber Monday are next weekend! I think there is a decent chance you'll find an even better deal then at organize.com, and maybe even free shipping!

If you're interested in the product I told you about, I'd head over to their website and sign up for their emails now so that you can find out what will be available to you in the way of sales and such!

Hope this helps!
Michelle

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to ChelleKristine

• ChelleKristine Said:
Ms. Tina, I was just trying to find a coupon code for you online, and it occurred to me that Black Friday and Cyber Monday are next weekend!

Actually they're in two weeks - Black Friday is November 29, not November 22 - Thanksgiving is as late as it can possibly be this year.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to aquabunny

I have no suggestions better than Michelle's - Michelle you are AWESOME for typing all that out. I hope Ms Tina comes back and acknowledges your effort. Good luck with finding what you need, Ms Tina!

Tenant
In response to MsTina

Ms. Tina, I'm back with great news!

Organize.com, which I addressed in my previous post, has a 20% off special this weekend and that could really help offset the shipping cost of the Project Table Chest with Six Removable Cases. I really think this item could be perfect for your specific circumstances!

I also found it at The Container Store; they sell it for $59, but you have to spend $100 this weekend to qualify for free shipping. Maybe you have a local store so you wouldn't have to deal with shipping fees at all? (I know what a huge drag it is to have to ask someone to pick it up for you, but if it would allow you to craft in bed, I think it could really improve the quality of your life.) Anyway, at The Container Store, it has 45 reviews and a perfect Fice Star Rating!

I really hope this helps!

Do take care,
Michelle

Tenant
In response to RedSquirrel

Red Squirrel,

THANK YOU so much for your sweet note! You totally gave me warm fuzzies!

I provided Ms. Tina all that info because I feel sincerely motivated to help - and I have a special empathy for her circumstances, of course - but who doesn't also like to feel acknowledged and appreciated?! So anyway, just had to express my gratitude to you!

By the way, I ended up briefly checking out your blog, and joining, too! I can't wait to go through it when I have more time - I totally LOVE that awesome shaker Christmas Card!

Thanks again for lifting my spirits today, Red Squirrel!
Michelle

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel

And you've just made my day in return - thank you!

Have I mentioned how much I love it here?

MsTina 
New Kid On the Block
In response to RedSquirrel

thanx ladies.im n tears.i never did this.....communicate anything.ask anything.ive been n hospital for 13 days so i couldnt respond.its jus me n my new found passion....SCRAPBOOK'N n i luv it.i feel like i hav friends n high n low places.thank u ladies for the boost.i needed it.cant wait to get my transplant so i can share it ALL with u.
My collection is nowhere i want it so im always lookn.anybody sell'n stuff(i luv my stuff)....punches paper stickers,anything plz let me kno.leave mssge or list n i will get to u ASAP.Again,thanx from the bottom of my heart

MsTina 
New Kid On the Block
In response to MsTina

just joined red squirrel.luv you n ur ideas

Tenant
In response to MsTina

Ms. Tina, I am SO glad to hear that there is a transplant in your future that could really improve your health situation. Hallelujah for that!

I also totally understand what you mean about loving your crafting! There are so few hobbies that one can participate in from bed, you know? But papercrafting is one of them and it brings me so much joy! Gives you something fun and productive to do, which really increases the quality of your life, doesn't it?

Anyway, take care of yourself, Ms. Tina, and my best wishes for that godsend of a transplant!

Michelle

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel

Good luck to you for that transplant from me too Ms. Tina. And thank you for following my blog. I suppose I ought to get posting on it again so that you have something to read, shouldn't I? Christmas has been so busy, I've been playing catch-up ever since.

I can't imagine being bed-ridden. You two are an inspiration to us all, and I'm so glad that you are getting such a lot from paper-crafting.

Let us know if you get any news about the transplant? And if you get the tote you wanted?

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics