Username Post: Hello again        (Topic#1592285)
kaybear93
Expert
kaybear93

Hi everyone, my name is Kathy-I have been a member here for what seems like a really long time-but life keeps getting in they way and my hobbies take a back burner!!

Well my husband and I have recently become true empty nesters...I just moved our 20 year old baby to Ft. Myers Fl...Was very emotional for me but I am happy she is happy!!

I live on a remote seasonal island in Northern MI (Mackinac Island). There are no cars here-everything is done by horses (horse drawn taxi's, drey service run by horses) in the winter we are allowed snowmobiles though.. The emergency vehicles are motorized lol..We have been here about 3 years and it is a adventure every day. The Island pretty much shuts down in the winter so I have lots of down time right now to get back into the scrappy mood.

I lost my mom in OCt of 2012 after being her sole caretaker for 8 months and I didn't handle that loss very well. I am getting back to life now and excited for this new part of my life as well as my marriage. We have been married 22 years and never has it just been "us" so we have lots to get used to lol..

Sorry to have rambled...Hope everyone is having a great weekend and being crafty!!

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 11-16-13 09:02 PM
In response to kaybear93

Hey there!!

Nice to see you back on the board. So sorry for the loss of your mom. I know what that feel like and I have not "gotten over it". It has been 12 years and I miss her everyday. You just eventually figure out how to deal with the loss and carry on. I remind myself that my mom would not want me wallowing in grief for her. She would want me living and having fun with my grandgirls.

Our grandma scrapping group is still going strong!! Stop in and see us.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to charK

Welcome back.

Come and join in the General Scrapbooking forum as well.

kaybear93
Expert
kaybear93
In response to RedSquirrel

• RedSquirrel Said:
Welcome back.

Come and join in the General Scrapbooking forum as well.

Thank you it is good to be back and getting my feet wet again...Been away for a long time lol

kimberlyatlga
Resident
kimberlyatlga
In response to kaybear93

Welcome Back! I understand where you are coming from. We went from 7 to 3 in our home. I also took care of my grandmother for over a year.

There is power in our hobby. It is therapy and can be a positive way to share your memories.

Happy you are here.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics