Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: cricut pet cartridge and Biblical cartridge        (Topic#1592293)
Kel3 loves animals
Mayor
Kel3 loves animals

Have they come out with a cricut cartridge yet for pets? Like dogs and cats and accessories? I thought I heard they did but can't remember the name. maybe I heard wrong.
I was also looking into New testament cartridge is there any others that have more Biblical stuff than it?

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Kel3 loves animals

You might be interested in the Cricut Lite "Pet Shop" cartridge. It doesn't have a lot of accessories but it has lots of different breeds of dogs, along with many cats and a great assortment of pets that usually get overlooked with pet scrapbooking products (rabbits, hamsters, frogs, lizards, etc.).

As for the other, there's Noah's ABC Animals, but I think that's more of an animal cart rather than a Bible story cart.

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury
In response to aquabunny

Try Lite Inspired Heart, Lite Four Legged Friends, and Lite Meow.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to GwynnAsbury

If you get onto Cricut Craftroom you can type in any type of image you are looking for and it will displayed from every cart.

If you want a stable, type it in and everyone one will be displayed from every cart Cricut makes. You can play with it and if you want to buy it (if it is on a cart you don't have) you will be able to purchase it to use it.

I needed a heart shape last week and typed in the heart image and got pages of them! Ended up using one that was on a cart that I owned.

I was making a Thanksgiving Dinner title and wanted a turkey - typed it in and every turkey they ever drew came up and I was able to pick a darling one and make my title. Then I clicked to buy that cart and loved the other images on it so I bought it.

Kel3 loves animals
Mayor
Kel3 loves animals
In response to Henri Jean

Is there somewhere I can find cartridges cheaper than the cricut site? I haven't seen pet shop in stores anywhere.

Edited by Kel3 loves animals on 11-16-13 04:52 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Kel3 loves animals

Pet Shop is one of the Lite line of cartridges, which was only sold through Walmart and through Cricut's website - I almost never saw the Lite cartridges I actually wanted at Walmart, but Walmart's website carries them as well - they've got Pet Shop in stock for $36 right now. Most of my cartridges have come from eBay, and in fact Provo Craft even sells cartridges on eBay. Sometimes I get a good deal, sometimes I've had to pay near retail price (the retail price for Lite carts is $40) for carts that were in high demand by lots of people at the time I sought them.

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury
In response to aquabunny

You will not find the Lite ones for cheaper than the Cricut website. It is a 14.99 download to CCR and you can also sync it to a Gypsy if you have it. If not, you will most likely pay more than what the cartridge originally sold for.....

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to GwynnAsbury

Um, if you're not interested in Cricut Craft Room, then you do need to actually buy a physical cartridge. I have six Lite cartridges and paid retail price for only two of them, and well below it for the others.

(Instead of Craft Room, I use the old Cricut Design Studio software and remain very happy with it.)

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to aquabunny

Yes - without craft room you do need to buy the physical cartridge. I don't know if you would need to buy the Cricut cartridge for Design studio - I've never used that program.

Andrea - aren't they phasing out Design Studio? When I was trying to decide between Design Studio and Craft Room that is what I was told. That they were phasing out Gypsy and Design Studio.

It also helped my decision that the Craft Room is free.

What is the difference between the regular Cricut cartridges and the Lite cartridges? I've never been clear on that. Do you know the differences between Design Studio and Cricut Craft room in the way they operate? In my mind I thought they were very similar but that may not be correct.

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram

HJ, the Lite cartridges have a limited amount of cuts and functions. They were also only sold at Walmart and of coarse Cricut.com.

CCR is just a stepped up version of Design Studio.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

• Henri Jean Said:
Yes - without craft room you do need to buy the physical cartridge. I don't know if you would need to buy the Cricut cartridge for Design studio - I've never used that program.

Andrea - aren't they phasing out Design Studio? When I was trying to decide between Design Studio and Craft Room that is what I was told. That they were phasing out Gypsy and Design Studio.

It also helped my decision that the Craft Room is free.

What is the difference between the regular Cricut cartridges and the Lite cartridges? I've never been clear on that. Do you know the differences between Design Studio and Cricut Craft room in the way they operate? In my mind I thought they were very similar but that may not be correct.

Yes, you do need the cartridge to cut in Design Studio. They're no longer releasing updates for it (including cartridge data), but that's fine with me since the most recent cartridge I've cared about was Teddy Bear Parade (fall 2012).

Design Studio does have to be purchased, but Craft Room didn't exist at the time I got into Design Studio (and I got a great deal on it). I think it existed even before the Gypsy did. Despite the cost I have never regretted it; I'd use my Cricut much less without it.

Design Studio and Craft Room appear to have a lot of the same features (welding, ability to preview but not cut images you don't own). I can't buy or download new content in Design Studio, and I need to insert each cartridge I'm using once per cutting session, but I can use Design Studio without an active Internet connection.

The Lite cartridges have less content than the regular carts, more like the Solutions cartridges - just one special feature per cart, usually additional layering, but sometimes a font (like with Sweater Weather).

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to aquabunny

I love the idea of being able to use it without an internet connection!

Would be great on sea days when on the cruise ship.

Problem is I do have some newer cartridges that I really like.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

The only ones you can't use in it are those released since April 2013. Pretty much everything before that is in there. Design Studio save files can be used in Cricut Craft Room if you save them in the Gypsy format (but you do not actually need to use or even have a Gypsy to do so).

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to aquabunny

That is interesting. Sounds like I need to go to YouTube and see how I could make that work or if it might be a good option for me.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan

There is a New Testament cartridge.

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram

• Henri Jean Said:
That is interesting. Sounds like I need to go to YouTube and see how I could make that work or if it might be a good option for me.

HJ,
If I can figure out where my copy is or how to go about it, you can have mine! If it's as easy as maybe transferring the registration number, it's yours!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to ChansGram

Thank you so much - that could be a good option that I could use in conjunction with CCR. Don't want to give up CCR.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to ChansGram

• ChansGram Said:
  • Henri Jean Said:

HJ,
If I can figure out where my copy is or how to go about it, you can have mine! If it's as easy as maybe transferring the registration number, it's yours!

You might have to call Provo Craft customer service to do it (I had to when going from one computer to another), but they're pretty good about it. She might need the actual disc though - I can't remember if they still at least have that on the website (or failing that, I could email her the install file, I keep all of my downloaded software install files). Hopefully PC, or somebody, has the program updates and content updates laying around.

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to aquabunny

I will look into, Thanks Aquabunny.
HJ, I will look for my hardcopy of DS and then call PC for the number, if it's even possible to transfer ownership. I work today but will look into it tomorrow.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to ChansGram

Now that I think about it, I think Henri would need to call (they give you a new activation code when you call), but I actually can't remember how they identify you/your copy of the program! When I get home from work I will try to look into whether anyone has successfully activated a secondhand copy.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics