Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: HE Washers        (Topic#1592329)
flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper

I'm looking for a new clothes washer and dryer. My head is spinning from all of the choices. I've never had a HE washer, and am wondering if I really want one or not. I would go with a top loader instead of the front load though.

If you have a HE washer, what brand is it, do you like it or not and why or why not?

gin1902
Diva
gin1902
In response to flintridgescrapper

I wish I had a HE washer, Judy. I'm so tired of using the SHE washer all the time. It would be nice if the man of the house took over the laundry once in a while.

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to gin1902

Hi, Judy! I have an HE washer, and I absolutely love it! It's a Kenmore, I have had it a little over 7 years, and I've never have one moment of trouble with it. Mine is a front loader. It uses so much less water and detergent. Again, I love mine!

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to gin1902

• gin1902 Said:
I wish I had a HE washer, Judy. I'm so tired of using the SHE washer all the time. It would be nice if the man of the house took over the laundry once in a while.

Well said, Gin...well said!

Thanks, Darla. I'll check it out. The thing is we don't have a pickup, just cars. It's so irritating at times like this because the only local store that will deliver is Lowe's so I feel like I'm stuck with what they have. I may have to see if any of the stores in Fayetteville will deliver this far.

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel

I think Lowe's carries Whirlpool, which is who makes the Kenmore models for Sears.
I guess I'm a bad shopper, I don't read reviews and do a lot of research and go all anal when I buy stuff. I should, but I basically just go with what I like that has the features I use and need. So far, I've never regretted my buying style. I'm sure one day it will bite me on the booty, but I'm nearly 60 years old so that will just give proof to the adage that you're never too old to learn something new, lol!

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to chocolateaxel

Judy, if you can do the physical part of the moving I'd suggest the rental of a UHaul by the day. It's not very expensive.

justLyn
Governor
justLyn
In response to NMlady

I have a whirlpool, front-loading HE washer, and I would love to get RID of it! I've had it about 3 years. It washes the clothes just fine, but it uses so little water that it does not rinse the dirt away, just loosens it and then redistributes it throughout all the clothes. I have to use an extra rinse on everything, and wash much smaller loads than my old machine; the whites I literally wash twice. It now takes me 2 days to do laundry for only 4 people.

I *think* there is now one of those EPA laws that limits the amount of water a washer can use. My brother has an older Kenmore model that he loves, but I think his predates the water restriction.

I would do some research before buying any washer. High efficiency sounds great, but I fail to see the reality of it.

momtokatie
Expert
momtokatie
In response to justLyn

I have a Kenmore HE Washer that is 8 or 9 years old. It works great. It spins so fast that there is very little water left in them, so the drying time is cut down alot.

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to momtokatie

That's the way mine is, the first few times I used it I was amazed how quickly the clothes dried.
I don't know if this is true or not, but I read an article once upon a time that talked about washers & dryers, it said that it's best to buy a set because dryers are calibrated to washers, and the matching dryer will work more efficiently than a non-matching dryer. For what it's worth, lol........

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper

Thanks for your opinions! I think I've about made up my mind to by this set... http://www.pinterest.com/pin/28161578292266082 5/
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/28161578292266083 5/

You never know though. I could so easily change my mind!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda

I guess I am COMPLETELY out of touch. I have no idea what an HE washer is.

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to Bxr-Linda

HE stands for high efficiency

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel

That's such a pretty color, Judy, mine are white, which I hate, but like Vae we got them on a really good sale and white was the only color available on sale. Lucky my utility room has a door that closes so I don't have to look at them unless I'm actually doing laundry, lol

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda

Thanks.

It's been years since we've bought washer/dryer.

I remember when we last shopped, I didn't like the front loading, because once it starts, you can't open it.

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to Bxr-Linda

The front loaders can be opened mid cycle, it just takes an extra step beyond opening the lid, lol

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK

I have had mine for about 5 years. I like them. They are whirlpool. One thing I really like about them is they are sitting on pedestals, that make them taller and I have storage underneath. I use the one under the washer for dirty/wet towels. One thing I don't like about them is the washer does sometimes get a odor in it. They sell a HE washer cleaner for that. Lately I have been putting vinegar in about every other wash and it really helps. Like others have said the dryer really spins the clothes! Oh and the washer holds a lot of clothes.

Trina_P
Guru
Trina_P
In response to TraciK

I work at Lowes and obviously got mine there. The Samsungs are our best sellers. And most of the time it is free delivery and haul away. Right now they have the good interest free or 5% off option with the lowes card. I love ours. I am in a wheelchair and it makes getting close in/out a breeze. No reaching or bending. It uses less water and soap. Clothes are clean. One word of caution. Follow the directions on routine cleaning the machine insides and the rubber part around the tub. It collects dirt and grime from the clothes and the rubber traps moisture. Use one of the good cleaners that are out there routinely. I also keep clorox wipes in the utility room to swipe the insides and the rubber seal down to keep it clean. Hope this helps.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to Trina_P

I have a front loader HE. LOVE the HE but hate the front loader part! I'd get a top loading HE. It's a pain in the butt to bend down and reach into the washer. My washer and dryer doors open into each other in the middle of them. ANNOYING!!!!!!!

Trina_P
Guru
Trina_P
In response to Seaexplore

Having the pedestals solve the bending problem.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to Trina_P

I have had mine for a couple of years and love them. It was an adjustment as all new technology can be, but now I wouldn't go back. After I wash the clothes I can hang up my pants to air dry and they are almost dry the next morning. Live in a dry climate.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics