Username Post: Cricut Carts linked on CCR        (Topic#1592353)
suznut
suznut 
Veteran
suznut

Quick question:
When you link one of your Cricut Cartridges on the Cricut Craft Room, does that make it not work on other machines? I know if you link it that just means it allows you to logon on to CCR and have the cart in there (sort of like what the gypsy used to do), but if say for instance link one and then allow a friend to borrow the cartridge into her machine will it still work? Even if she's not using the CCR?
Just curious.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to suznut

Should work fine directly in any machine. People sell linked cartridges all the time - they still work, just can't be linked to another machine.

suznut
suznut 
Veteran
suznut
In response to Henri Jean

oh like it can't be linked to another Cricut Craft Room Account?

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to suznut

No - that will not work. And if it is linked to a Gypsy and CCR it has to be the same account.

We were going to buy a lot of 50 carts which were linked to a Gypsy. I wanted them in my CCR.

We called Provo-craft and found that when you link them it ties them in to that account, regardless of whether it is on the Gypsy or CCR and you can't put it on another account.

We called Provo-Craft with questions about cart being on different accounts. I almost bought 100 carts in a big lot and they had been linked. Provo-Craft said they would have to be unlinked from the other account first and then had to somehow had to be transferred.

She said I could buy them and use them directly but without unlinking and transferring accounts, I couldn't link them to my Gypsy or CCR.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to Henri Jean

My daughter uses all of my cartridges in her machine but she can't link them to her ccr account

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics