Username Post: Machine to Cut letters        (Topic#1592375)
New Kid On the Block

Hi all just new to scrapbooking. Am looking at buying some type of machine that can hook up to my computer and I can cut shapes and letters out with it. Any help would be muchly appreciated.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to sezblack1977

Hi and welcome!

The Silhouette Cameo would be my recommendation for the computer-savvy, because it will cut any font you have installed on your computer, and any shape. The initial outlay is more, but no cartridges are required so the only continuing cost is consumables such as blades and cutting mats.

The Cricut range of cutters cost less, but all need cartridges in addition to the blades and cutting mats, so you have to buy separate font and shape cartridges. That can bump up the cost.

Actually I just checked the Superstore here and the Silhouette is on offer for the same price as the Cricut Expression 2 - very cool!

New Kid On the Block
In response to sezblack1977

• sezblack1977 Said:
Hi all just new to scrapbooking. Am looking at buying some type of machine that can hook up to my computer and I can cut shapes and letters out with it. Any help would be muchly appreciated.

Cameo.... Uses the fonts installed on your computer and free fonts found on the net... No cartridges to buy and store.

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to graceful.grammar

Hands down, the Cameo.
Cheaper in the long run and gives a better cut.
I have all the machines listed above and my Cameo cuts the best, next would be the Cricut mini.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics