Username Post: Camera        (Topic#1592401)
momtokatie
Expert
momtokatie

I am looking at getting a new camera. I currently have a Cannon that took really good pictures, but they seem to be more blurry now. Not sure if it was dropped or bumped.

I want something that is easy to carry around and is around $150 to $200. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Happy Friday!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 11-22-13 10:19 PM
In response to momtokatie

I've had that happen with some of my canon snapshot cameras (the little ones that fit in my little purse). I never thought cameras could "go bad" so I wonder what makes this happen.

I'll be watching this thread since I need a new camera too.

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza
In response to Vae

We invested in a Canon Rebel last year when our granddaughter was born. My husband is the photographer so I would have to ask him for specifics, but I do know that he is very, very pleased with this camera and we have gotten some wonderful shots of our baby girl! If you're thinking of moving up from the point and click cameras this one is worth researching. If you want a good pocket, point and click I would still recommend a Canon - just go with one of the newer models. I know many people who prefer the Canon models over Nikon.

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom
In response to dsouza

For years I had several Sony Cybershots, the memory card is a different shape than EVERY other camera...so I feel invested in that...but that being said...I DONT LOVE the Sonys!!! I would love to invest in a better camera...more a digital SLR type...than the point n shoot ones...but, alas, the wallet says "nana, na na na"!

bonprof
Diva
bonprof
In response to Juansmom

I desperately need a new camera. Ive been using my iphone for months. It has an HD setting which helps, but...

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to bonprof

Do you have a point-and-shoot canon? you may test it by putting on a tripod, with good lighting, focusing, then putting the camera on self timer. If the image is clear, that means the problem is not really with the camera... Another option is to take it to the technician and make sure the lenses are clean and the autofocus still works fine. I had that done once with the camera that was still on warranty, they fixed something and it gave the camera three more good years.

I have the DSLR canon Rebel for the portraits and events and fancy parties, and I have the Olympus Tough TG630 waterproof dustproof shockproof point-and-shoot for everything else - water park trips, beach trips, outside walks, snow/skiing, etc etc. It cannot get any sand or dust in, cannot be damaged by vigorous kids splashing, or hitting, or etc. Maybe that is something that will suit you)

Unique scrapper
Veteran
Unique scrapper
In response to bonprof

you all could try the uniquePhoto.com website

momtokatie
Expert
momtokatie
In response to Unique scrapper

Thank you very much for all the information. I will check some of these out.

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to momtokatie

I'm a Canon fan too. I'm currently on my 3rd Elph... first one I loved until it died, hated the second one. After I finally gor fed up with my second Elph, I asked my friend's dad for a P&S recommendation (he's a pro photographer)and he suggested a Panasonic Lumix. Not saying it's a bad camera, but I just didn't like it, especially considering it was well over $300. It was bulky and nothing special and I've had trouble with it up and deciding to not read memory cards. A couple of months ago, I decided to go back to Canon. I got an Elph 530 and while I haven't used it a whole lot, I am pleased so far.

Also have a Rebel T2i and an old film Rebel.... I think I'm going to stick with Canon.

Veteran
In response to *jesse*

I've had a Canon Rebel for several years and I love it. It's only drawback s it's size. The pictures are great and easy to edit. It was about $600, I think, but is totally worth it.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics