Username Post: Cricut Rewards        (Topic#1592429)
Solitaire
Veteran
Solitaire

I placed this post in the Cricut subforum, but wanted to let people know what was going on in the main forum as well.

Have you noticed, the Cricuts Rewards page is not easy to find anymore?

I wasn't interested in any of the items that were listed at less than 3000 points. I had accumulated over 2800 points and the only item I wanted was the Chalkboard Fonts cartridge, which is listed for 3000 points (along with Circle membership). A few days ago, I purchased 2 new carts on ebay, which brought my points up to 3000.

Tonight, I eagerly entered my new rewards points and proceeded to place an order for that cart, which also includes a Circle membership (which I have no use for). I was surprised when there was no shipping charge added on. Then, before the final checkout, I saw that the item was to be downloaded!!!

WHAT!!! I saved up my points so that I could get a physical box with a cartridge and book that I could hold in my hand! I want to be able to link the cart to my Gypsy, and also use it directly in my cricut if I so desire.

I aborted the checkout procedure and sent an email complaint to Provocraft, telling them I want a physical product, not a download. I will try calling them on Monday and see what they have to say. I don't use the Craft Room (no place to put a computer and my cricut next to each other, or even in the same room) and have no plans to buy any more carts.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Solitaire

• Solitaire Said:
Have you noticed, the Cricuts Rewards page is not easy to find anymore?

In regards to this: I actually hadn't noticed; I've just been typing in cricutrewards.com for years rather than going through the main site anyway.

andrea m
Diva
andrea m
In response to aquabunny

I can completely understand your frustration. I have tons of points I will probably never use. They don't have anything worth getting.

I do know that if you do sign up for ccr and link your gypsy to it, it then loads the digital carts to your gypsy and you can use them that way. I know not really what you want but that way it would be where you would want to use it.

Veteran
In response to andrea m

You do get the actual cartridge as well as the downloadable version. I just got my the other day. Once you place your order on the cricut rewards site, you will receive an email with a redemption code. I don't remember the timeframe, but it seems like it was a day or two. Then you go to Cricut.com and place an order for your physical cartridge. It doesn't cost you anything for the cartridge or for the shipping and handling on the cricut website.

Kind of a long process, but no charge. Hope that helps. And you're right, there really isn't anything under 3000 points.

Solitaire
Veteran
Solitaire
In response to GAKropper

You're right. I just called Provocraft and was told they only have the physical product, not a digital one. They email the product code, which can be used for ordering the cartridge on the cricut website. The code is what makes the item free.

I went ahead with the checkout and expect to get the code within 24 to 48 hours. Then I can go ahead and place the order.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to Solitaire

Why in the world don't they explain this! Like you, I aborted my order for that same cartridge. I was wanting to use up my points because I don't plan on buying any of the new style cartridges.

Veteran
In response to dwelch

I have bunches of points, but don't want anything they have. You used to be able to get t-shirts, cute aprons and other useful goodies. Now it seems that they only have Cuttlebug folders (which aren't really pretty ones) and a few old cartridges. I sure do wish they would get something new in!

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to Mimiof123

I have 6000 points and they have had the same two sad cartridge options for months. I already have them. No wonder so many people have changed machines. They are falling behind in staying current.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 11-26-13 09:51 PM
In response to 950nancy

This thread reminded me to go check my points balance. I don't have many but I've since switched over to the cameo, so I figured I'll go ahead and use the points I have for something. It's charging me shipping AND handling... is the free shipping only for cartridges? I was going to order 2 cuttlebug folders with my meager points.

Solitaire
Veteran
Solitaire
In response to Vae

The free shipping is part of the Circle membership and one cartridge that you get with 3000 points.

GemGirl
Expert
GemGirl
In response to dwelch

• dwelch Said:
Why in the world don't they explain this! Like you, I aborted my order for that same cartridge. I was wanting to use up my points because I don't plan on buying any of the new style cartridges.

Because they don't want to actually send you anything for your points, I'm guessing? Sigh....

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to GemGirl

Yeah, not a very good program.
I wouldn't even mind if they'd just let us use our points up digitally. It would be better than the nothing we're getting.

Solitaire
Veteran
Solitaire
In response to ChansGram

I got my code and ordered the Chalkboard Fonts cart, which will be delivered free.

They list all the Circle Membership cartridges at the ridiculously high price of $79.95. What good is a 10% discount and free shipping if you can get a cart at less than half that price elsewhere?

I also wanted the "Something to Remember" cart but that particular one is not available anywhere else, and I'm not about to pay the high price they are asking. I should have ordered that cart instead of "Chalkboard Fonts" since the fonts cart can be purchased elsewhere for around $21. But I don't remember if the "Something to Remember" cart was listed in the 3000 point webpage, and not sure if I would have been able to switch my selection before placing my order. Anyway, too late now.

Sewflake
Diva
Sewflake
In response to Solitaire

This is very discouraging!! I was planning on locating all of my coupons to get them registered for redemption. From the sounds of things "Why bother"!!

I have been getting digital carts at a good price and a few physical ones during the sales. I think I am pretty well loaded for now and have not seem much new that I want. I suppose now is a good time to quite buying and start using what I have!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics