Username Post: Smash book challenge        (Topic#1592431)
chaton_13
Pro
chaton_13

Would anyone be interested in doing a smashbook challenge either weekly or bi-monthly?

I've been trying to get inspired a little and I thought maybe having an actual challenge may help out the mojo.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to chaton_13

This sounds like a great idea. Smash books are on my wishlist for Christmas. I want to do a smash book version of a December daily project too. I hope you get some participants for this.

dlwj2
dlwj2 
Veteran
dlwj2
  • dlwj2 on 11-30-13 03:43 PM
In response to lcmemories

I would love to do a Smash Book challenge too. I started a Smash Book Project 52 last year but didn't complete. Maybe this challenge would get me motivated to complete it and start another. I'm in if you're going to do this.

Deana

Charris449
Expert
Charris449
In response to chaton_13

Sorry for my ignorance, but what exactly is a smash book.

charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to Charris449

• Charris449 Said:
Sorry for my ignorance, but what exactly is a smash book.

Easy to see- go to the Superstore link here on SB.com and put the word "SMASH" in the search. All kinds will pop up. There are many themes etc. Other companies have started making versions too. CTMH has a couple I really really like (then again I'm a consultant) - you could also make your own or modify a notebook to be a smashbook.

Also go to the Gallery & do the same- search for SMASH & you will get a variety of results.

The thing is these books are more spur of the moment memories- or themes- or an event like a wedding with all the prep, to include receipts, fun photos, pieces of fabric, etc. There really are no rules. I've seen those that are all over the place (like mine has been) and then many have a focus. Teens love them. The whole idea is you are recording moments you want to remember but not necessarily scrap traditionally. It's meant to be a bit bulky- it's all up to you really.

charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to charcats7

Oh and I would be interested in a Smash challenge for sure

Monthly works best for me tho as that is how I block my time...

Edited by charcats7 on 12-03-13 07:39 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper
In response to charcats7

Me too! They're my favorite!

cveira
cveira 
Queen
cveira
In response to Faithscrapper

I'm toying with the idea of doing Project Life 2014 in a smash book format. But not with a pre-purchased smash book, more like making it myself as I go along.

julie101
Idol
julie101
In response to cveira

Christine I like the ideal of your own smash book I to was thinking of doing project life style in a smash book I have 6 here waiting to be used

charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to julie101

that's the great thing about smash books & scrapbooking in general- tailor to suit your needs/wants. Since we haven't heard again from the person who started this topic- should I start a topic/challenge for smashing?

charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to charcats7

I've just started a new BOM topic - but you could also use it to work on your Smash Book

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15930...

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper
In response to charcats7

• charcats7 Said:
that's the great thing about smash books & scrapbooking in general- tailor to suit your needs/wants. Since we haven't heard again from the person who started this topic- should I start a topic/challenge for smashing?

Yes, please!!

charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to Faithscrapper

ok- give me a few to figure it up

charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to charcats7

here's the link:

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15930...

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics