Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: December Budget Challenge        (Topic#1592629)
SonjaC
SonjaC 
Mayor
SonjaC

Welcome to the December Budget Challenge!
We're here to try to stay within limits on our scrappy/crafty spending, though we have plenty of enabling going on!

We take turns hosting (whomever has time that particular month) as it gets a bit chaotic sometimes! We are a chatty bunch of savers and enablers!

The rules: List your scrappy budget for the whole month. Then list the high priority items that you want to buy this month!

Tell us how much you spend throughout the month, and keep track of it as you spend. We like details about your shopping around here. No such thing as TMI! You do not have to include costs for adhesives, swaps, gifts or shipping. Please round to the nearest dollar value.

Please enable and tempt us to buy the wonderful items we want....but don't tempt us to bust our budget!!!

I have removed the twist as a requirement but you can still indicate one if you so choose.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Mayor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

Better late than never!

I'll start the bidding off here...

Budget: $50 (and that's pushing it)
Wishlist: Heidi Swapp Christmas paper pad, Basic Grey What's Up papers, Studio Calico Wood Veneer Chevrons, Travel embellies, Tim Holtz layering stencils, Crafters Workshop 'well rounded' stencil, Petaloo Botanicals
Twist: No Cricut carts, no more paper, no other flowers!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

pushing - honey that is taking a bulldozer out!

LOL

Anyway I am here and my budget is
$130 cause I think that is my Su quota needs
Wishlist - hmmm festive ornament stamps, love you more stamps, fell for you stamps, some other stuff

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Mayor
SonjaC
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Very funny, Tammy! LOL! Yeah, I know it's pushing it (a lot) but what can I say? My eyes have ALWAYS been bigger than my stomach! (or in this case my wallet!)

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to SonjaC

I am here, thx for starting this month Sonja.
My budget is
$22 CTMH page protectors
$60 copic class and markers
$15 Cricut class and kit
and that is already spent this month, so for the rest of the month...
I need a case for my markers and misc. items not needed but i feel I can't live without at the time $50

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to tinadn

Budget $50

Wish list: WRMK Notable paper, MS Anemone punch

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

I think i love the actual products more than I love working with them somedays but I just love oohing and aahing over everyone's wishlist!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Mayor
SonjaC

LOL Tammy! Yeah, I do like oggling the wishlists of others too... though that tends to be dangerous! *cough* Kelly *cough cough*

I did go to M's today, but it was for ribbons and gift bags I needed for white elephant gifts. Of course the HS paper pad did fall into my cart along with those darn wood veneer snowflakes... *sigh* What's a girl to do, right? For the record though, I did use my M's gift card that I've hung onto since September!

I have a question though... WHY do they offer a 50% off coupon when EVERYthing is already on sale?!? I can't use the darn thing!!!

Budget: $50-$14=$36
Wishlist: Heidi Swapp Christmas paper pad, Basic Grey What's Up papers, Studio Calico Wood Veneer Chevrons, Travel embellies, Tim Holtz layering stencils, Crafters Workshop 'well rounded' stencil, Petaloo Botanicals

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

wood veneer snowflakes? sound lovely

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

I agree.
I haven't been to M's in quite some time but i agree, I hate when they do that.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to tinadn

I love the wood veneer snowflakes.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

I pretty much love snowflakes of every kind

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

I am so behind on holiday projects. Meh!

I did manage to spend a little money on a MME Christmas pad at Ms. It was 70% off plus and additional 25% so I paid $4.50. Couldn't pass up a bargain like that.

julie101
Idol
julie101
In response to Kamananui

I'm in please $400(cause my hubby gives me Christmas money cause re reckons I'm to hard to buy for)

Already spent $50 finally got albums as my local store was having a massive %70 off sale as she us closing down so I got 4 albums and refills.

I don't really have a wish list

I guess what ever takes my fancy

Edited by julie101 on 12-07-13 08:09 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to julie101

Julie doesn't have a wish list!!!!

Great deal Kelly!

so glad you got albums Julie - I need to get some as the cheapy ones I bought here I don't really like so guess I am going to have to bite the bullet and order my expensive ones

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Mayor
SonjaC

Julie, as ever I want your budget! No wishlist makes it pretty wide open! Any big ticket items you've got your eyes on?

Tammy, might as well splurge on the albums, those are the things protecting your lovely work!

Wow, Kelly that IS too good a deal to pass up! I caved on that extra 25% off deal too on Saturday... Also used the 50% off coupon to FINALLY buy me some light modelling paste - and I've already played with it so it's money well spent!

Got a couple packs of holiday washi tape, the wood veneer stars pack (LOVE it, already used it!), a couple clearance Heidi Swapp goodies (including the No Limits paper pad that I've been wanting forever and ended up coming to $5! How could I not?!) and the paste. All less than $20! I'm going to bust before I leave for Christmas!

Really though, is anyone that surprised??

I did get three pages done at the crop and a fourth and fifth I finished last night while the inlaws spoiled my son (Santa arrived early)! I need to print the photos for two of the pages and then will post.

And actually, I know I'm going to bust... I bid on two items on evilbay that are on my wishlist. Someone is downsizing her stash and selling TONS of goodies!

Edited by SonjaC on 12-09-13 09:35 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Mayor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

Budget: $50-$14=$36-18= $18

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to SonjaC

I am BUSTED!

Once in a Blue Moon, the clearance section is too good to pass up. Hopefully, I'm done for the month, but you never know...

julie101
Idol
julie101
In response to Kamananui

Nothing I really NEED but my WANT list well I have a few things I'm trying to be smart about what I buy honestly this is my last shopping buy until I use what I have.

I found embossing folders and Cricut cartridges still sealed opps my bad

So next year I'm all about using my stash might have to set up a yearly challenge here I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I do have 2 items I really want to buy

Cricut Cartridge Bag By Julie101

Cricut Carry Bag By Julie101

Edited by julie101 on 12-12-13 04:08 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to julie101

so Kelly what did you get?

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics