Page 1 of 11 
Username Post: So, I am a little disappointed...        (Topic#1592687)
Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom

I have two friends who have NOT been as excited about Scrapbook.com as I am! This is a little mind blowing to me, as I enjoy it here so much.

Friend 1 is new to scrapping, I suggested this site so she could learn n get ideas. She told me it wasn't exciting n she found more stuff on Pinterest!! Which is a riot bc EVERYTHING on Pinterest is from SB.com...!!

Friend 2 has said the boards are not that interesting or active! Ok...with the holidays...I can see a slow down...

I don't know about you guys, but this is a bit bothersome. I remember a while back the forum was a lot busier...any ideas??? Input???

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to Juansmom

I agree, the forums are nowhere as busy as they used to be.
I think it's the Facebook/Pinterest faze, which I don't get!
I do look at Pinterest sometimes, but because I don't really understand it/know how to use it, I get frustrated, so I just get outta there! Facebook, I can't stand. I know, not the norm!
I just detest the fact that people get on there and tell every stinkin part of their day/life that I have no interest in, that's when I figured out, it wasn't for me!
I would much rather be here!
Some days I look in the general forum and there has only been 5 topics that have been commented on.
I remember years past when newbies would get on and ask questions and then get blasted from other members telling them that question has been asked too often, that they should do some research before asking. I know if I were new, that'd turn me away.
I sure hope it's not that scrapbooking is losing its charm.

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to ChansGram

Yes...that's so true...I could spend hours scrolling thru the posts...n now there is literally nothing new...which is why I started doing the challenges. What can we do? And maybe you hit it on the head...too many newbies are/were turned off after their first questions were blasted by the people they supposed were there to help?? Idk....

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Juansmom

I spend most of my computer time here too. Seems to be a bit of a slowdown but I think it is the holidays. There is some degree of slowdown every just before Thanksgiving and runs through Christmas.

I have a friend I introduced to this site and she doesn't care for it but she loves Facebook.

I also do not care at all for Pinterest. I've been over there once or twice and was overwhelmed. Plus, I want to scrap and spend other time doing other things and I am just not willing to take on something that will put me on the computer for more hours everyday. I have enough computer activity going on.

Facebook - I do enjoy it but I'm not into it as much as most. I check several times a day but have my settings fairly tight so everything doesn't come through.

Maybe it is just me but I don't care for the posts with the sayings and encouragement and all the links to everything everyone likes. I want to know how my friends and family are personally doing and what is new with their lives and see my nephews newest baby pictures and friends updates, not read a lot of stuff that I would delete from my email as spam. I am not fond of many email forwards and I don't like them on Facebook either.

But Facebook does keep me with up-to-date with marriages, babies, and unfortunately, even divorces. I love seeing family and friend's pictures.

Chris - you first posted about the snake on Facebook and I loved that - that is the kind of thing I enjoy reading. I checked back frequently just to see what was going on with the snake and if you got him out of the basement!

We trade Facebook info with a lot of people we meet on military flights and cruise ships and Facebook has been a great way for us to keep up with each other's travels.

That said, I can check Facebook in 5 minutes and see everything new I'm interested.

I spend hours here. Way too many hours! But I love it here.

I meet people all the time while travelling who are also scrapbookers. They write down all the information about scrapbook.com and seem anxious to come over here, then I never see them.

And I agree Trish - if I was new and asked a question and someone told me it had already been asked or just given me a link where it had been linked I would be turned away too. I've seen people ask if they didn't research before posting and I always feel bad for the person asking the question. I don't want to newbies (or anyone) to feel they have to research what has been asked int he past before they can feel comfortable asking a question.

So what if its been asked before. Different people will see it and you will get different answers. I answer the same question over many times many times and will keep on doing that.

txht2003
Veteran
txht2003
In response to Juansmom

I think everyone is different, but your friends will eventually find themselves on the boards. Sometimes, I have found the boards to be very slow and so I venture off to other pages. But, I always find myself coming back! When I was a serious scrapper I didn't post my layouts, but I came here for ideas. Also, I found my best friend here! So keep hope alive lol.......and wait. Happy Scrapping!

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to txht2003

And you know what else...I feel like I HAVE made some WONDERFUL friends here...some like Henri are now my fb friends...and every one on PDF who has fb. I love that around-the-world connection. I truly hope it's just a seasonal swing! And ur right Henri, I love those fun crazy stories that connect us all on fb!! I'll try to have more insanity in my life to post!

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to Juansmom

I love it here but hate how slow it's been! Seems like it just the 6 or 7 of us that are always here it used to move so fast you couldn't keep up.

Veteran
In response to Sneezy1956

I know I haven't been on here as much lately, but it is due to holiday busyness! It seems like there is always somewhere I need to be or something else I need to do. Maybe everyone will be back after the first of the year and we can al catch up! I also agree that, if I asked a questions on here and someone blew me out of the water, I wouldn't come back. We should learn to be more tolerant and remember that we all work at different paces and are on different levels!

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 12-05-13 01:19 PM
In response to Mimiof123

The boards here have been much slower for a long time. I have noticed days when the new topics haven't changed from the day before!

That said I have so little time lately and when I get away from work I am not as interested in jumping on the computer after staring at a screen for 8+ hours.

I love this site and I agree with most of what has been said already.

Maybe we should start a different kind of challenge: start a topic at least once a week. That could be kind of fun don't you think?

I nominate you Chris!

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to GMFTS

Ha!!! I will TAKE THAT CHALLENGE! Starting tomorrow...then we will have fresh meat to devour! You will probably all be sick of me!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 12-05-13 02:02 PM
In response to GMFTS

I agree... has been slow for a while here. I felt like activity dropped off a lot when the site changed to the new look and it seems like it never quite picked back up after that. I think most of us are very well used to the changes by now... I don't even remember how it used to look anymore. It sure would be great if we could get more activity going.

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to Vae

Heres a thought...maybe no one ison anymore cause no one knows where PDF WENT!!!! LOL

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Juansmom

I noticed a slowdown when the site rolled out it's new look. I think a lot of people just said enough and left. I didn't like quite a few of the changes, but I've made some really awesome friendships on this site, so I bit the bullet and embraced the change. Some of the friends I've made here are like family to me now, and i don't want to lose that. But I do mourn the lack of activity the past few months. Whatever it takes, I think we all need to do whatever we can to perk it back up!

trem1997
Pro
trem1997
In response to Juansmom

I know that I have been MIA. I so love Pinterest and I really do not care for FB. I cannot tell you the last time a did a LO and uploaded it. I have been busying making cards and little things but have not uploaded any of it. I work at Michaels and all I do is buy scrapbook supplies, even my coworkers say I buy something everytime I work.

Grammy24
Veteran
Grammy24
In response to Juansmom

I donot post much because I feel like I do not have or take the time to be on board. But I very much enjoy it when I follow. You scrappers seem like you have a lot of fun just talking. I love to scrap. It is so much fun. I use to go to scrap with my friends but found that I really would like to just scrap at home because I just plan my pages as I go. I try lots of different embellishments and really enjoy making my own. I am going to try to talk with this great bunch and move my laptop to my scraproom. Really donot have a scrapbuddy at present. My old buddy had medical problems with her husband and just does not have time!!! Miss it so much

bonprof
Governor
bonprof
In response to Juansmom

I just love it here and log on at least 2 x a day. I don't even have a facebook acct! I cant be bothered with all the BS. I think people are busy shopping, etc.

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to Vae

• Vae Said:
I agree... has been slow for a while here. I felt like activity dropped off a lot when the site changed to the new look and it seems like it never quite picked back up after that. I think most of us are very well used to the changes by now... I don't even remember how it used to look anymore. It sure would be great if we could get more activity going.

I agree--it seems it hasn't gotten back to the activity before the changes. I don't see the number of newbies there used to be, and lots of us have just been busy. Maybe it will speed up after the holidays. And--I never have done Pinterest or Facebook. I stay on the computer more than enough just here.

poi
poi 
Tenant
poi
  • poi on 12-05-13 05:41 PM
In response to scrapperbee

I have a good friend that scrapped with me over the years. We both stopped at the same time and both now kinda getting back in it together right now as our youngest kids are finally 2 and we have a few moments LOL But she looked at me like I had 3 heads when I said I joined a board and she was like just look at pinterest! Oh well..

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to poi

I have to admit, when I first signed up at sb.com, I barely visited because it was overwhelming. I didn't visit the forums then and felt like I missed out on lo's in the gallery if I didn't visit every hour. I also wasn't in to shopping online either.

Then about four years ago, I was bored at work and played around a bit and found the forums and a topic or two caught my eye. I participated in forums, met more people, started my own gallery and participated in challenges. And...as they say...the rest is history.

I have noticed the past several months have been slow. It could be new people being chased away, feeling intimidated, etc. I know for me, I started a new job several months ago and my internet time isn't as liberal as in the past (lol) and life has been busy. There are several other past regulars who have also gotten new jobs, had babies or other life's happenings have taken priority.

It is still a great resource and it has several things that pinterest can never have - building relationships through the forums and of course, the wonderful superstore.

Yes, I now shop online, almost exclusively

Grammy24
Veteran
Grammy24
In response to pugs223

This site is pretty overwhelming for me sometimes.
But it is all my fault..I have been in my scraproom now for 2 hours and just have had so much fun !!!! I am going to spend my weekend in here. It is sleeting now and we are suppose to have a winter storm here in Ky. This calls for a pot of chili and grilled cheese.

Page 1 of 11 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics