Username Post: Glossy Accents        (Topic#1592775)
Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 12-10-13 11:16 AM

Hey everyone! I was just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to keep Glossy Accents from clogging up. I keep a pin handy to clear it up but it's kind of making the nozzle less "precise" and I was just curious if there was a better way.

papermouse
Veteran
papermouse
In response to Vae

I keep mine stored upside-down. Usually works, and only occasionally have to clear it out with a pin...I hope there's a better way, but the upsdie-down thing seems to work OK for now :-)

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to papermouse

Kristina Werner showed a tip (no pun intended, LOL) about using a piece from a plastic clothing tag. She just trimmed it so it was T-shaped and fit inside. She said the metal on the pin still stuck to the Glossy Accents, but the plastic was better. Now that I'm typing this, I hope someone else can verify. I'll have to go back and look at her videos.

RedSquirrel
Idol
RedSquirrel
In response to tanyaham

I heard the upside-down trick too, but I always forget to put mine back that way and I've not had any problems with it.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 12-10-13 02:34 PM
In response to RedSquirrel

I keep mine upside-down, too, and make sure to put the cap back on precisely. I do use a pin sometimes to clear it, but it hasn't lost any precision because of it.

idlewoman
Veteran
idlewoman
In response to stick

Glad to hear these tips. I have the same problem with my glossy accents.

Just Nora
Idol
Just Nora
In response to idlewoman

I store mine upside down and if I do get a clog, use a pin. I have never had any problem with lack of precision. However, I don't have to unclog it much with the upside trick.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Just Nora

I just use a very thin pin.

Grammy24
Veteran
Grammy24
In response to Vae

I donot store mine upside down but I probably should. I have not had a problem with glossy accents and I have a lot of stickles and have not had a problem as of yet.

Babylou
Diva
Babylou
In response to Grammy24

Upside down seems to help although I still get a little clogged. I have noticed though that I have A LOT more problems with the bigger retail size bottles compared to the smaller sample/class size bottles that I have. Don't know why that is but the little ones seem to work a lot better.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 12-11-13 06:50 PM
In response to Babylou

The big retail bottle is the one I have... I've never seen smaller bottles than that. I have tried storing mine upside down but it didn't seem to make much difference... I still have to use the pin just about every time. I am going to try the plastic clothing tag idea when I can find one.

RedSquirrel
Idol
RedSquirrel
In response to Vae

Ha. Little bottle here too and no problems. Maybe that's the issue, the bottle size.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics