Username Post: how to make alphas for christmas careds        (Topic#1592815)
mindygail
Expert
mindygail

hI! I have already made 32 x mas cards but I need alpha stickers for the word noel on all four of the squares. Make sense>?? I do have a ce2 but not sure it will look good out of paper letters?? I am on a tight budget and dont know about buying a ton of stickers. suggestions???

AmyWho
AmyWho 
Mayor
AmyWho
In response to mindygail

Yeah, that many stickers would get expensive. Maybe you could use printed paper to dress them up a bit? Sometimes I think just using textured cardstock makes a difference. Or, if you already have a heat tool, try stamping and embossing the letters? I think embossing looks fancy (plus it's pretty fast since you're doing a lot).

papermouse
Veteran
papermouse
In response to mindygail

What about paper letters that you cover in glossy accents or stickles? I saw Tim Holtz do a tag like that and it looked really cool- they come out dimensional. Or you could cut them out of metallic vinyl?

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to papermouse

I was going to suggest using shiny cardstock. Or you could cut lots of letters the same and then layer them. 2 or 3 or each letter glued one on top of the other would give dimension, and only the top layer would need to be cut from your pretty paper. The underneath ones could be cut from any old ugly stuff or scraps of cardstock.

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur
In response to RedSquirrel UK

Stamp each letter on a small square or rectangle piece of paper then attach each square. This way you don't need to cut each letter.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to mindygail

You could choose a christmasy font.. print them out. cut the paper around the letter in a square. You can make any size letter. There are thousands of free fonts available. There are cool alphas that look vintage..they look like the Tim Hotlz stamps that were called circus. I have seen lots of people use them. They are not xmasy but would still look cool. I use scrapbook paper in my printer to do fonts & images.

Edited by anda11 on 12-12-13 05:53 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics