Username Post: Is anyone using resin?        (Topic#1592861)
Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 12-16-13 09:21 PM

I've noticed a lot more resin embellishments lately and they keep catching my interest, but I'm not sure how to use them or what I would do with them. Does anyone here use them? Can you color them and if so, with what? I've been worried that they would put dents into the opposite page if I were to do them in a layout because some of them look to be a little sharp. I'd love to hear any feedback anyone has.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Vae

I've used a few smaller flowers and didn't have a problem, but I keep my albums upright. They'd probably poke into the previous page if they were laid flat. I love them, but they're usually so expensive. I'm hoping I can make comparable with polymer clay. At least I'll give it a try after the holidays.

My flowers were already colored, but I don't see why you couldn't spray/paint/sticklize or whatever you wanted to do to them.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Vae

I see the Prima ones all the time. I think they are glorious but I have been afraid to use on a page.:)

Mary W.
Expert
Mary W.
In response to anda11

I'm thinking the same thing - they're beautiful, but I'm afraid of them! I think they're too bulky & sharp to put in an album. Even if you store your albums upright, the pages still smoosh together. Maybe people use them on layouts that are framed rather than in an album. Or I guess you could put them on a card that you aren't mailing. And you could probably color them with alcohol based ink - maybe??

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to Mary W.

I have used them in lo but I really like to use them on altered projects.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to andrea m

I've used cameos from Websters - are they resin?
And yes they can be colored with Sharpies, love the effect.
agree with using them on altered projects, or layouts you are planning to frame and hang on the wall - they are really bulky in albums.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 12-17-13 01:47 PM
In response to OlesyaK.

Yes those are resin and those are actually some of the ones I've been really interested in! Oooh sharpie...that sounds fun!

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to Vae

found a pic:
close up - cameo By OlesyaK.

Grammy24
Veteran
Grammy24
In response to Vae

I love the resin embellishments. They just add something to my pages. I like them white but I am sure you could paint them. I do use metal embellishments also, birdhouses etc.They are heavy on a pageso I glue them down really well. I have not had a problem yet.

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa
In response to Grammy24

I use them on "off the page" projects. I've never used them on layouts though.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics