Username Post: Question about sheet protectors        (Topic#1592877)
New Kid On the Block

I'm working on my first scrapbook ever, and bought a bound album without any plastic sheet protectors. Before gluing anything down, however, I'd like to have some slip-on sheet protectors to protect my photos in the future.

I've found these two to be most appealing:

Avery Quick-Loading Sheet Protector . This is an open-loading sheet protector which I could easily slip album pages into. This one is more economical, but I'm not sure if going with the open-loading would be ideal for an album. Any experience using these? Total cost: $36.31

C-Line Side-Loading Sheet Protector. This is a side-loading protector which also seems pretty easy to load into. I really like that this one is closed on all but the one side, but it's a bit more expensive. Total cost: $50.86

My biggest concern is that both come with binder holes, which I do not need. Would I be able to cut off the little side-tabs that have the binder holes and would they still fit correctly over my 21x21.7cm (11.7x8.3in) album pages?

Which do you think would be a better buy? I need 195 sheets xP

Edited by randdpar9 on 12-18-13 10:15 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to randdpar9

I deleted my first post because I didn't understand your question at first. So this is some type of scrapbook that you glue your stuff in that has no protective sleeves like a smash book, mini chip album, etc.
Part of the appeal and beauty of these types of albums is that there is no plastic layer. So you can really see and feel the textures of the materials used. Adding plastic sleeves is going to add a lot of bulk to the whole thing and change the whole viewing experience. It's a risk to forgo the plastic but for a fun book it's worth it.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Gelidy Gelato

Thanks for your response

Yeah you're right. I wasn't really thinking about the deterioration of the photos when I bought the free-standing album. I just wanted to be super creative.

What do you think about these Avery Self-Laminating Protectors ?

Expert
In response to Gelidy Gelato

I was able to look at the products you mentioned (since linking to other stores is prohibited the links will soon get mopped...) I would take my chances on the C-line pages because I would imagine the Avery ones might be either too short or fall off more easily than you'd expect. You should be able to trim off the tabs, but it might not look very pretty.

Do you need 195 protectors for one book? If so, that's got to be one ginormous book...and this is coming from someone who puts too many layouts in a book!

But with all honesty...since you haven't glued anything down I would look at other albums that come with proctors (and have refills available)!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to randdpar9

I wouldn't use those on photos.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics