Username Post: butterflies        (Topic#1592895)
cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper

i need ideas that unvolve buterflies. i have and will have a ton of buterfly die cuts and i need ideas on how to use them.

Please! thanks

southgirl
Resident
southgirl
In response to cescrapper

I found an old picture of a young girl and put butterfly wings befind her. I use on cards. layouts and other craft areas. You can see her in my gallery (in a cage) and then I did some paper dollish with butterfly wings also in my gallery.

Edited by southgirl on 12-19-13 12:27 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to southgirl

I used a Martha Stewart butterfly punch to make all these butterflies. I just layered them in a circle around the photo and it gave a nice....almost lacy affect.

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato

• cescrapper Said:
i need ideas that unvolve buterflies. i have and will have a ton of buterfly die cuts and i need ideas on how to use them.

Please! thanks

I know the feeling. I was just looking at my MS butterfly punch and set of butterfly stamps and thought "now tell me again why I bought these?"

Another source of inspiration is to look up your punch in the superstore, scroll down to about the middle of the page and there you will see pages & cards people have posted using your exact punch. There were several great pages using the butterfly punch I have.

Putting the butterflies in a circle or around the edge of a circle looks great especially on larger scrapbook pages.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to Gelidy Gelato

create a pocket or a fold of the corner, and have butterflies flying from that pocket/corner - some tucked in, halfway out, and then spreading up and out. it looks fab! (especially if they are small and different colors). If you can't envision it, say so and I'll take a picture of the one I have.

the big Michaels lacy ones can be terrific as a spray mask - cluster a few and spray)

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

I have seen people put a liitle stickles on them...or glitter, or inks, or sprays.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to anda11

Butterflies are so versatile. They're great with LOs of babies, girls and women. They can be used on LOs on flowers, as/on borders, flying around individually or in little flocks. You can use them to decorate LOs featuring gardens, parks, dreamy faces, or to depict memories, dreams (fulfilled and unfulfilled) and wishes.

You can Zentangle them, colour them with Copic markers or normal markers, Stickles them, mist them, bend the wings up, cut or fold them in half to look like the underside of the insect, put eyelets through to wing-tips like the spots on the wings.

If you are a card-maker, there are a million ideas out there. Check out Pinterest butterfly cards - the inspiration is mind-blowing.

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to RedSquirrel

These are all great ideas

OlesyaK could you please send me a photo of the buttefly pocket idea it sounds cool thanks

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.

turns out I already had a photo in my scrap folder
it's a corner of the mini album, but you get the idea. if using on a bigger page, they can fan out more, or create a butterfly path
close up - butterflies By OlesyaK.

Also, I love pearls added to the centers of the butterflies - these ones are too big for the size, smaller ones look even better.

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to OlesyaK.

• OlesyaK. Said:
turns out I already had a photo in my scrap folder
it's a corner of the mini album, but you get the idea. if using on a bigger page, they can fan out more, or create a butterfly path
close up - butterflies By OlesyaK.

Also, I love pearls added to the centers of the butterflies - these ones are too big for the size, smaller ones look even better.

This is very nice i love this edea thanks for sharing

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn

I have done the 'spray' of butterflies on a page....I love it as well, looks beautiful!

You can layer the butterflies and then you glue the bottom one down and bend up the wings of the second one so that it is more 3D....nice on a layout or cards....

YOu can add a line of butterflies down a page and then sew through the middle of them down the line.......

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to kiyawinn

I love the sprays of butterflies too. I used glossy accents on these to shine them up for a patent leather affect and added some silver stickles to add a little bling.

Mary W.
Expert
Mary W.
In response to olleharr

Ooooh! I am loving all these butterfly ideas! I need to remember them whenever I get back to scrapping!

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur
In response to Mary W.

like the ideas! I just bought 2 butterfly punches- Martha Stewart- one is like the one olleharr used and the other is a smaller butterfly. thanks for the ideas.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics