Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: Space😃        (Topic#1592921)
bonprof
Diva
bonprof

I just wanted to share that Feb 1st i will have my little scraproom!! It will be simple and humble, but I will have a sunny room to scrap! Mind you, I've been scraping on my bedroom floor, in the living room, you name it. It will be amazing having all that room. I'm so excited, I can hardly stand it!

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to bonprof

That's awesome! I'm so happy for you. You'll be amazed how once you plant those roots, how fast your scraproom will grow.

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur
In response to olleharr

That is exciting! I'm Happy for you! I too have a small space (8x8 ft) but it is all mine and I have a window! Plus, I get to practice my organizing skills continuously!!!!!!

bonprof
Diva
bonprof
In response to wilbur

Thank you! I could use some tips. So far, i like the shoe-bag idea for punches. Any ideas for a new scraproom are appreciated!!

AmyWho
AmyWho 
Mayor
AmyWho
In response to bonprof

Congratulations!

I use the shoe bags for punches. I had too hang them with the heavy duty 3M hooks because the over the door thing wouldn't let the door close. The hooks have held them fine for well over a year so far.

I also have a small space. I got a tall bookcase and put it in the closet. That helped quite a bit.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to AmyWho

I have a very sturdy big bakers rack and it holds plastic bins with papers. I've posted before but let me know if you want me to post it again - will only take a second.

I also have a crop wagon which I take to crops and stays packed for crops but some things which I use for home and crops I keep in the wagon. And when a crop comes up I just grab the handle and I'm out the door. Never any packing.

I work my pages to the tweak and glue stage and put them in the bin in my crop wagon. If I don't go to a crop for 4 or 5 months I will have partially finished pages I had forgotten back. That is always fun!

I bought one of the really cheapo shelf things at Walmart or Target for shoes and the two shelves are narrow so flat stuff goes in them and punches on top.

Loved the shoe bag but mine got to heavy and that was the end of it. The hooks went straight and the whole thing fell on the floor. So the shoe bag is great, just don't put too much weight in them. They aren't designed for it for a really excessive amount of weight and I had too many heavy punches. I killed it.

A lateral file cabinet holds lucky 8 and all my large punches.

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to Henri Jean

Congratulations!

andrea m
Diva
andrea m
In response to justowen

congrats. enjoy your space.

Grammy24
Veteran
Grammy24
In response to bonprof

Congratulations on your scrap room!!!!!

rockmom
Governor
rockmom
In response to Grammy24

yay! A new scraproom.

I use one side of my bedroom. I have an entire wall of floor to ceiling shelves and a small desk. Set my 6 foot table in front of it and scrap on the table.

my scrap area By Rockmom

This has changed a lot since this photo but wanted to show you the LO display. I love it. Right now I have LO of my DGDs with Santa in them.

"Wall of Favorites" By Rockmom

Edited by rockmom on 12-21-13 07:01 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to rockmom

I would love to have a set up like this and I love the color of your room!

I share with my husband and both of our stuff is everywhere!

bonprof
Diva
bonprof
In response to rockmom

Very nice room. Wow!

bonprof
Diva
bonprof
In response to Grammy24

Thanks everyone for the support and kind words!

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to bonprof

I am so excited for you Donna. You will find it to be so much easier to work on stuff.

crystalmorse
Guru
crystalmorse
In response to rockmom

What is that thing displaying your layouts?

rockmom
Governor
rockmom
In response to crystalmorse

Thanks Henri Jean and Donna. The furniture was my MILs which I got after she passed a year ago.

he wall display is a curtain rod from Wal-Mart with curtain hooks in the page protector holes. Easy Peasy!

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur
In response to rockmom

Thanks for posting your room pictures. very nice!

bonprof
Diva
bonprof
In response to wilbur

Just applied for our new house (home of the scrapbooking room to be). Will know more tomorrow! Wish us luck.

Grammy24
Veteran
Grammy24
In response to bonprof

HAPPY THOUGHTS.......GOOD LUCK.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Grammy24

Good luck! This is so exciting!

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options